Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1535455565759...Next

Comments

• Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    I did notice while playing with lipsticks the colors are off. By the chart it would be a pink but on the sims lips it would show as red. That happen with several other colors also. Also I noticed the same thing with the hair color. The brown hair looked red.

I noticed that with the eyeshadow! I would see three squares of the same pink but only one would be pink. The other was mostly white with a tiny bit of pink and the other looked more purple!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    BBadict wrote: »
    SimLover23 wrote: »
    I did notice while playing with lipsticks the colors are off. By the chart it would be a pink but on the sims lips it would show as red. That happen with several other colors also. Also I noticed the same thing with the hair color. The brown hair looked red.

I noticed that with the eyeshadow! I would see three squares of the same pink but only one would be pink. The other was mostly white with a tiny bit of pink and the other looked more purple!

@BBAdict I don't know if this is true for how the Maxis team creates content, but when we make CC we choose from a limited number of swatches. We can't use the actual color that matches perfectly with the item we're modifying. So, pinky purple might actually have a purple swatch, etc.
  • Options
    llamanoodles13llamanoodles13 Posts: 33 Member
    I loved the demo! It's probably my favorite generation of CAS yet! The tattoos that we do have look amazing, although I would like to see some more! I also agree with others on the piercings; and more earrings and jewelry and such. But I'm sure we will get more in EPs! Overall I am very pleased with it.
    tumblr_meq67gpfRh1rnf5opo1_500_zpse3ad0707.gif
  • Options
    Mouse1996Mouse1996 Posts: 269 Member
    Rawla wrote: »
    I enjoyed it very much. I would like to be able to take pictures in CAS though. Will the full game allow us to take pics of our Sims there?

I wanted to do this to show off the stuff I've been making, and so I went searching for a solution. How I do it is I went into the demo settings and put it into window mode. Then I could just hit the print screen button and alter the picture in my graphics editor of choice. I use paint for that because it's quick and usually just for cropping and saving. I do hope we can take pics in game at least.
    ed_zpsyclgaymk.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    I noticed by searching my name catloverplayer under orgin it returns no results. Normally it takes me to my studio were I can see how many sims have gotten downloaded.

Also it still crashes on some pc's when you go to the gallery and very quickly too. It says it has stopped working and goes to the desktop.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,444 Member
    Mouse1996 wrote: »
    Rawla wrote: »
    I enjoyed it very much. I would like to be able to take pictures in CAS though. Will the full game allow us to take pics of our Sims there?

I wanted to do this to show off the stuff I've been making, and so I went searching for a solution. How I do it is I went into the demo settings and put it into window mode. Then I could just hit the print screen button and alter the picture in my graphics editor of choice. I use paint for that because it's quick and usually just for cropping and saving. I do hope we can take pics in game at least.

In the game we'll be able to use the c button to take pics in cas. I saw that mentioned somewhere on SimsVip.

• Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I just downloaded Sims CAS today and for the most part, I'm impressed. I really love how there is an x where you can easily take off accessories that was a pain in the Sims 3, so thanks so much for that(I did request that in the Sims 3). I like how you can take off shirts, shoes, and makeup by hitting the x. I love the push and pull. I love how there are now categories for all the different clothes, which will come in so handy when we get a bunch of them. I like the pitches in the voices. It is crazy awesome how we can switch so fast from one clothing group to another. The CAS is so fast. Love it. I love how you can click a part and start working on it. I can see that it will be faster to get out of CAS now. I use to spend so much time in CAS in S3 that by the time I made a sim, a couple, or a family that I was too tired to play.

One down side was not being able to change the colors of the clothes. There were many clothes that didn't have pink and some of the other common colors. I really hope that the people in charge are going to give us plenty of colors since we can't fix it ourselves. The basic colors of all clothes should really be present for variety. I also hope that you not only make toddlers, but adolescents as well and I hope that you make them in a way that we can get new content for them in all upcoming EPs ect.

I just pre-ordered Digi Deluxe with all of the offered content Fri. and it is already pre-loaded and ready to go tomorrow night. Excited. I also can't wait to get the guide. I love the guides and hope that EA has them do guides for all of the games that need them. Someone really dropped the ball on the last few EPs of Sims 3 as far as the guides go. I really love them all and hope that we do get them for the Sims 4.

Susu
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    BGSKG83 wrote: »
    I'm not sure either, but it happened as Origin itself updated, I guess. Now, whenever I try to open up Origin it tries to auto-update, but nothing happens. I'm unable to play the demo at all, and when I try to see info on CAS demo it has a bar saying "update 100%, paused", then when I try to "un-pause" it it runs for a few seconds before it pauses again.

Maybe you should try rebooting your Origin. Like uninstall it and install again? I am not having any issues with it and it updated just fine. If that doesn't work perhaps try contacting customer service because you need it working if you are buying the game. Good luck to you.

• Options
    CranberryAppleCranberryApple Posts: 186 New Member
    I have to say I absolutely adored how the voices were way more customizable than in The Sims 3!
  • Options
    maile1maile1 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello! I just started to play my create a sim demo, and as soon as it opened to the start screen there was a strange glitch. There are purplish lines running horizontally across the screen, making everything nearly impossible to see :cry: . Then a pop up came up saying something about the disk, I don't remember what it said, sorry!!! :oops: When I finally figured out what was the create a household button, I clicked it. When he create a household screen came, it did look a bit better, no longer lines all across the screen. But there are lines covering the portion with the traits and ambitions, the name, the color choices for the items, and on most of the buttons. Is there any way to fix this? Glitch aside, I love the create a sim!!! :disappointed:

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
  • Options
    maile1maile1 Posts: 10 New Member
    Hello! I just started to play my create a sim demo, and as soon as it opened to the start screen there was a strange glitch. There are purplish lines running horizontally across the screen, making everything nearly impossible to see :cry: . Then a pop up came up saying something about the disk, I don't remember what it said, sorry!!! :oops: When I finally figured out what was the create a household button, I clicked it. When he create a household screen came, it did look a bit better, no longer lines all across the screen. But there are lines covering the portion with the traits and ambitions, the name, the color choices for the items, and on most of the buttons. Is there any way to fix this? Glitch aside, I love the create a sim!!! :disappointed:

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    @maile1 If you close the program and restart it do you get the same error message? If so, please post a screenshot or type out what the error message says.
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    am I to uninstall the CAS Demo once I install the base game will it conflict with the game? Anyone please help ty
  • Options
    EndlessSims3EndlessSims3 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Hey how do I get all my creations from Demo into my Base game they never showing up in my gallery at all in base game. please help ty
  • Options
    emidiriemidiri Posts: 8 New Member
    > @JennaBean93 said:
    > yoyoo!
    >
    > After playing around with the demo for a few days, here are a few things I've noticed
    > (Also sorry if these points have already been brought up )
    >
    > Bugs
    > * Mouse would bug out and stretch a part of the sim you did not wish to alter, it will then not undo.
    > * All music sound files would play at once and overlap each-other (Only happened once so far)
    >
    >
    > Features that could be better
    > * It would be nice to have a colour wheel for clothing as-well as hair, make-up etc.
    > Also more make-up options for men such as lips and cheeks. There is a big lack of freedom in that aspect.
    > * I know this is all a part of the style but the hair still feels slightly too blocky,
    > even just finding a way to soften up the ends a bit would be nice.
    > * Again I know this sims is more stylized which I love, and this isn't that big of an issue but... the anatomy of the armpits is way too high up. Could there be an option to lower them?
    > (Here's an edit of what I mean)
    >
    >
    >
    > Luckily I haven't ran into that many problems with the demo and it's quite fun,
    > there are a feww limitations here and there that I wish could be given more freedom but aside from that,
    > I really like the new style of the sims and I think it fits the fun nature of the game
    > @JennaBean93 said:
    > yoyoo!
    >
    > After playing around with the demo for a few days, here are a few things I've noticed
    > (Also sorry if these points have already been brought up )
    >
    > Bugs
    > * Mouse would bug out and stretch a part of the sim you did not wish to alter, it will then not undo.
    > * All music sound files would play at once and overlap each-other (Only happened once so far)
    >
    >
    > Features that could be better
    > * It would be nice to have a colour wheel for clothing as-well as hair, make-up etc.
    > Also more make-up options for men such as lips and cheeks. There is a big lack of freedom in that aspect.
    > * I know this is all a part of the style but the hair still feels slightly too blocky,
    > even just finding a way to soften up the ends a bit would be nice.
    > * Again I know this sims is more stylized which I love, and this isn't that big of an issue but... the anatomy of the armpits is way too high up. Could there be an option to lower them?
    > (Here's an edit of what I mean)
    >
    >
    >
    > Luckily I haven't ran into that many problems with the demo and it's quite fun,
    > there are a feww limitations here and there that I wish could be given more freedom but aside from that,
    > I really like the new style of the sims and I think it fits the fun nature of the game

Agreed, armpits are way to high.
  • Options
    beffanylowebeffanylowe Posts: 2 New Member
    > @brittanyleah said:
    > Sometimes while playing the demo for a couple of hours my curser will freeze in the camera angle position and I can't click anything but turn my sim around. I have to completely restart the demo for it to go back to normal.
    >
    > It sucks especially when I've worked really hard perfecting my sims look :(

This happened to me last night in create a sim. I was getting so cross as I thought I would have to lose about 2 hours of gameplay. I play it on a MAC laptop and discovered that if you click on the bottom left-hand corner of the pad it starts working! Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Bonsai747Bonsai747 Posts: 121 Member
    > @brittanyleah said:
    > Sometimes while playing the demo for a couple of hours my curser will freeze in the camera angle position and I can't click anything but turn my sim around. I have to completely restart the demo for it to go back to normal.
    >
    > It sucks especially when I've worked really hard perfecting my sims look :(

This happened to me last night in create a sim. I was getting so cross as I thought I would have to lose about 2 hours of gameplay. I play it on a MAC laptop and discovered that if you click on the bottom left-hand corner of the pad it starts working! Hope this helps.

This thread has been dead for almost a year, and the post you replied to was made a few months before the game was even released. The mac version was released earlier this year, way after this thread had died.

Can we let this thread sink back down through the forums now?