Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two quick pics of today's Let's Play from EA, and some brief observations!

Comments

• Options
    Zagatta7Zagatta7 Posts: 229 Member
    Metal Gear bad guys guards are more aware of their surroundings "spies" than those sims awared of death and the emotions.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    In another gameplay video, someones husband died and she was sobbing next to his corpse so i can only deduce it's the low relationship that caused them not to react
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    NOVEMBER_11SARAHNOVEMBER_11SARAH Posts: 767 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    But it's her husband..... she should at least cry.

It wasn't Mortimer.

No the blonde girl and the dead guy were pulled off the gallery as a couple. Even though when coming from the gallery they don't have high relationship in the beginning I would at least think that they would acknowledge the relationship between the two.

They were not a couple, just roommates. They even said so on the video that they were roommates.
    New Zealand!!!
    I have dyslexia so my grammar sucks.
    Sim Story:
    https://smfblog11.wordpress.com/
    Simblr:
    http://thestrangenessofstrangetown.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Sc3niXSc3niX Posts: 2,468 Member

It wasn't Mortimer.

No the blonde girl and the dead guy were pulled off the gallery as a couple. Even though when coming from the gallery they don't have high relationship in the beginning I would at least think that they would acknowledge the relationship between the two.

They were not a couple, just roommates. They even said so on the video that they were roommates.

Whatever the case may be, you don't just brush off someone dying in front of you.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    This is what I always found funny about the Sims though.

Some of the Sims would do weird things while others were happening.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    Darchitect wrote: »
    This game is the Sims 3 with a new art style and less features.
    This is how it seems to me, too. The way the Sims act makes me think more and more of Sims 3, only with less of everything. And I already HAVE Sims 3, so. ...

• Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Penelope wrote: »
    This game is the Sims 3 with a new art style and less features.
    This is how it seems to me, too. The way the Sims act makes me think more and more of Sims 3, only with less of everything. And I already HAVE Sims 3, so. ...

Exxxxxxxactly. But, really, maybe in 4 years it will be good!
  • Options
    Sc3niX wrote: »

It wasn't Mortimer.

Whatever the case may be, you don't just brush off someone dying in front of you.

That was my problem, too. How do you just ignore that?
  • Options
    SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member

Gold digger does the trick :P
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    So, are all of the sims in the demo sociopaths? Might explain the fairly apathetic response to rotting/charred corpses. Seriously, at least the sims in Sims 3 'cried' a little. Have to say that Grim Reaper looks good, though. And the female sim has a nice rack.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    I agree the emotional weighing is plum. Putting out a fire should count for a lot less than witnessing a death, even of a relative stranger. It certainly did in TS3. Reaction to birth in the same LP was also an anomalous and inconsequential as in the English Simmer vid - 'new kid? OK, off to do whatever..'. Even TS3 did it better than that - poor dad had to traipse across the whole town to the hospital, for a start..
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member

It wasn't Mortimer.

That was my problem, too. How do you just ignore that?

In fact it's frightening and life changing. Even for a stranger i remember walking to the market near my house and a guy got into a accident on his motorcycle. I had nightmares for a week from the scene. I cried even though i didn't know the person it was so horrifying. The whole point of emotions is to change the depth of play. This is why i found the moodlet system faulty and wanted it removed. It takes away from the intensity of the game. It's not a good design it causes the emotions to switch up way to often. On top of that you still cannot see the connection of feeling to the animation of the sim. That's the most notable part, its not an feature than you can immerse into.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    camman1995 wrote: »
    I really, REALLY want to like this game, but even Sims 3 sims would stop and stare at a death, no matter how little they knew the sim. I remember someone died in the park and my sim ran over and watched, gasping every so often, but then forgot about it.

Yeah, my sim in TS3 saw someone die outside of the stadium (it was a stranger) and even she gasped and looked upset.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member

It wasn't Mortimer.

This. Especially not if someone died a horrible death, like burning to death. No little kid's just going to walk past a charred corpse to grab a bowl of cereal, whether he knew the person or not. And who's going to sit there feeling confident that she put the fire out by herself when there's a dead body on the ground? Wouldn't it be more realistic if she felt upset that she hadn't managed to put it out in time?
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    In S3 they cry when a plant dies...it drives me nutty...it is a plant and they are crying over it.

So this is sad the sims did not reacted...where are the emotions we were told over and over about and the game all about how the emotions would change game play.

You react to death...a lady in my building died 2 weeks ago...I only talked to her a few times in the year I have lived here, but her death upset me...when it happened i was talking to a friend on that floor when they found her due to the smell...you react...it shocked everyone in my building.

This says to me A. Emotions are a joke in S4 and B. The programmers are clueless as to what emotions are and what a person would react too.

Come on really EA who do you have working on this game...clueless monkeys.
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    gmgar wrote: »
    In S3 they cry when a plant dies...it drives me nutty...it is a plant and they are crying over it.

So this is sad the sims did not reacted...where are the emotions we were told over and over about and the game all about how the emotions would change game play.

You react to death...a lady in my building died 2 weeks ago...I only talked to her a few times in the year I have lived here, but her death upset me...when it happened i was talking to a friend on that floor when they found her due to the smell...you react...it shocked everyone in my building.

This says to me A. Emotions are a joke in S4 and B. The programmers are clueless as to what emotions are and what a person would react too.

Come on really EA who do you have working on this game...clueless monkeys.

Monkeys might actually be smarter...
  • Options
    gmgargmgar Posts: 2,064 Member
    Lol, you might be right. :)
  • Options
    zombieghostgirlzombieghostgirl Posts: 419 Member
    Ya know..in TS2, my Sim saw a cockroach and cried about it days afterwards. He'd get out of bed just to cry about it. When we got robbed? My Sim child held the grudge against the burglar on into adulthood. It was a bit excessive, but hey. They were actually very emotional Sims. lol. ahh.. I find myself reflecting a lot today. Guess I'll need to load up TS2 one more go before TS4's launch.
    I study psychology. I am often observing social interaction and human behavioral patterns which means you are all my lab rats each time you post.
  • Options
    Zolt65Zolt65 Posts: 8,272 Member
    Ya know..in TS2, my Sim saw a cockroach and cried about it days afterwards. He'd get out of bed just to cry about it. When we got robbed? My Sim child held the grudge against the burglar on into adulthood. It was a bit excessive, but hey. They were actually very emotional Sims. lol. ahh.. I find myself reflecting a lot today. Guess I'll need to load up TS2 one more go before TS4's launch.

THAT is what I don't understand EA saying sims never really had emotions before but they will in Sims4! That is patently false. And frankly, Im beginning to think my Sims2 sims have a heck of a lot more emotion than what we have seen so far.

Stranger in kitchen?
    Char-broiled dead stranger on kitchen floor?
    The Grim Reaper in kitchen?

scared...upset...freaked out? Nope, Alexander just wanted his bowl of cereal.

so....emotion filled

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    I'm glad they forget. What fun is it to play a sim that is constantly grieving over complete strangers?

I know right? Every time I find a burnt corpse in my kitchen I just go "Pffft... whatevah!" and grab myself a bowl of cereal. :p Why get emotional over it.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    I was happy that some of them RAN OUT OF THE HOUSE when a fire broke out!!! I never understood why Sims always stood an inch away from a fire that broke out, screaming and shouting, never doing anything but that and eventually catching aflame & dying. Totally ruined my first bachelorette party ROFL!! The dancer died and 3 of the brides friends when the fireplace caught on fire.
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    I was happy that some of them RAN OUT OF THE HOUSE when a fire broke out!!! I never understood why Sims always stood an inch away from a fire that broke out, screaming and shouting, never doing anything but that and eventually catching aflame & dying. Totally ruined my first bachelorette party ROFL!! The dancer died and 3 of the brides friends when the fireplace caught on fire.

Oh, that used to stress me out so badly! Shoo, sims! Run away! They were like moths to the flame, though!
  • Options
    Seriously, did anyone else see that?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2014
    Maybe she was confident that he was drop dead. LOL
    Probably Alexander was happy or very happy, wish we had the chance to see how he felt while the man was dead at his kitchen!!!

She was confident but I am not confident these emotions are attached to events!! Maybe just gimmicks!!

When we play the game we will know more.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif