March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Two quick pics of today's Let's Play from EA, and some brief observations!

13...Next

Comments

• Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    well she was actually confident because she put out the fire, and with no emotional attachment to the guy.. I wouldn't care either.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    Ya know..in TS2, my Sim saw a cockroach and cried about it days afterwards. He'd get out of bed just to cry about it. When we got robbed? My Sim child held the grudge against the burglar on into adulthood. It was a bit excessive, but hey. They were actually very emotional Sims. lol. ahh.. I find myself reflecting a lot today. Guess I'll need to load up TS2 one more go before TS4's launch.

THAT is what I don't understand EA saying sims never really had emotions before but they will in Sims4! That is patently false. And frankly, Im beginning to think my Sims2 sims have a heck of a lot more emotion than what we have seen so far.

Stranger in kitchen?
    Char-broiled dead stranger on kitchen floor?
    The Grim Reaper in kitchen?

scared...upset...freaked out? Nope, Alexander just wanted his bowl of cereal.

so....emotion filled

Sims dont have the emotion of being scared or frightened!! Its not in the list of the emotions, scare and worry is a big part of emotions, scared of death, scared and worried to lose a relative, worried to lose the job!! How they did not add these things?
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    Banksy33 wrote: »
    well she was actually confident because she put out the fire, and with no emotional attachment to the guy.. I wouldn't care either.

And you chose a username based on a political activist? I. Uh. That's certainly different, but I'm not sure you're really understanding his paintings. Regardless, you should care about people even if you don't know them, dude, and seeing people die is traumatic.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    that was the sim from the gallery right?...hmm...in s3 even if my sims don't know the sim well or just minor acquaintance they would still feel bad if a sim died...I thought it was a bit odd how nobody reacted XD but it's not a breaker for me..."weirder sims" so much for emotions
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    panapops wrote: »

And you chose a username based on a political activist? I. Uh. That's certainly different, but I'm not sure you're really understanding his paintings. Regardless, you should care about people even if you don't know them, dude, and seeing people die is traumatic.

Yeah, I mean, one of the hallmarks of psychopathy is lack of emotion or empathy. Maybe Alexander is going to grow up to be a serial killer.
  • panapopspanapops Posts: 429 Member
    Halle_M wrote: »

Yeah, I mean, one of the hallmarks of psychopathy is lack of emotion or empathy. Maybe Alexander is going to grow up to be a serial killer.

He and the other emotionless sims may well be a series killer!
  • LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    I have a hard time believing some in this thread would just "shrug off" someone being burned to death right in front of them and would proceed to get a bowl of cereal

I once witnessed an accident while I was driving, I instinctively pulled over, called the police and went to see if anyone got hurt. That's just being humane. Some of you have a serious problem if you think not showing emotion or reacting to the death of a stranger right in front of you is okay, it shows you may be a psychopath
  • sule94947sule94947 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @Sc3niX said:
    > NOVEMBER_11SARAH wrote: »
    >
    > SadieD123 wrote: »
    >
    > Jdavij20033 wrote: »
    >
    > SadieD123 wrote: »
    >
    > But it's her husband..... she should at least cry.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It wasn't Mortimer.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No the blonde girl and the dead guy were pulled off the gallery as a couple. Even though when coming from the gallery they don't have high relationship in the beginning I would at least think that they would acknowledge the relationship between the two.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They were not a couple, just roommates. They even said so on the video that they were roommates.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Whatever the case may be, you don't just brush off someone dying in front of you.
    Exactly there should be some recognition of a dead body .... dang
  • Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    [He and the other emotionless sims may well be a series killer!

I love this joke so much I want to marry it. :p
  • SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    The lack of sadness from all of those sims is a bit twisted, to be honest.
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • CrocketsCrockets Posts: 127 Member
    Its obvious TS4 was built to be an online game, when that idea was scrapped and EA forced maxis to make it offline single player experience within 2 years they had to make changes because you know single player games are much different then multi player.
    So maxis cut out lot of features from the game to meet their deadline given to them by EA, however they NEEDED something to marketise their game on else it would have felt obvious that this was just a dumbed down TS2.
    Whoa emotions were born, in reality emotions are nothing but rebranded name for moodlet's. A happy sim in TS3 will continuously clap hands in excitement, a sim hit with tradegy will cry or an uncomfortable sim will complain. In TS4 these moodlets just show a colored patern on the lower left side of the screen and that's all about it.
    I mean take a Steamy shower in TS4 to put them in flirty mood is just an equivalent of TS3 World adventures incense object (don't know exact name) which does EXACTLY the same thing. Think about it
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member

I was always scared of that kid, Now I know why. He's a Maniac waiting to happen.
    Banners.jpg
  • DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    [He and the other emotionless sims may well be a series killer!

I love this joke so much I want to marry it. :p

I just wish the emotions weren't a joke!
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Darchitect wrote: »
    And yet, it seems like there's been very little time when the developers actually sat down and tried what they made out.

Of course, its all about writing a ton of scripts and hoping that they'll work.

Smooth gameplay and engine? Don't make me laugh, looks worse than Sims 3.

How on Earth does this look less smooth than the sims 3.

I can run The Sims 3 on ultra settings and it still lags like crap. I haven't seen lag in The Sims 4. At all.
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Sc3niX wrote: »
    Darchitect wrote: »
    And yet, it seems like there's been very little time when the developers actually sat down and tried what they made out.

Of course, its all about writing a ton of scripts and hoping that they'll work.

Smooth gameplay and engine? Don't make me laugh, looks worse than Sims 3.

How on Earth does this look less smooth than the sims 3.

I can run The Sims 3 on ultra settings and it still lags like crap. I haven't seen lag in The Sims 4. At all.

I think, initially, this game will be smoother than a fully kitted out Sims 3 install. Who knows how it will be 5 years from now with the gigabytes and gigabytes of DLC.

To be honest, though, you're pretty much required to use Twallan's mods or Awesome mod if you want a lag free, crashless game. Also, a lot of the worlds have terrible routing issues, because EA was too lazy and greedy to play test them for any significant amount of time. Fortunately, ellacharmed fixed most of the issues. You can download her fixed worlds over at MTS.

Or just use a user made world from mysimrealty. Seriously, a thousand times better than any craptastic EA $20 DLC worlds.
  • steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sims Vip uploaded a video where a male sim dies of starvation and the female sim does react so im not to bothered about it really as clearly they do react to death tho it is a bit weird that there wasnt a reaction from those sims in the Lb.
  • sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    But it's her husband..... she should at least cry.

actually they said they were not married, just room mates. So and to top that off, she was not happy with him, he had flirted with her, and she did not like it. Then they got their relationship dropped down. So dah! not married for one. she put out the fire for two, and she was just standing there, weather she was actually looking at him or the fact that it was just in that direction, could make a difference. But not a bit thing.

edited August 2014
    sirona66 wrote: »
    SadieD123 wrote: »
    But it's her husband..... she should at least cry.

actually they said they were not married, just room mates. So and to top that off, she was not happy with him, he had flirted with her, and she did not like it. Then they got their relationship dropped down. So dah! not married for one. she put out the fire for two, and she was just standing there, weather she was actually looking at him or the fact that it was just in that direction, could make a difference. But not a bit thing.
    So, if you were at a friend's house, and a dorky guy made a pass at you, and then accidentally set himself on fire and died, you'd hose him down with a fire extinguisher, watch him die, and just stand there quietly staring? Because that is creepy, yo! ;)
  • DizziestSimsDizziestSims Posts: 788 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ya know..in TS2, my Sim saw a cockroach and cried about it days afterwards. He'd get out of bed just to cry about it. When we got robbed? My Sim child held the grudge against the burglar on into adulthood. It was a bit excessive, but hey. They were actually very emotional Sims. lol. ahh.. I find myself reflecting a lot today. Guess I'll need to load up TS2 one more go before TS4's launch.

THAT is what I don't understand EA saying sims never really had emotions before but they will in Sims4! That is patently false. And frankly, Im beginning to think my Sims2 sims have a heck of a lot more emotion than what we have seen so far.

Stranger in kitchen?

so....emotion filled

Sims were very emotional in TS2 and they held grudges that were attached to individual sims. It was very engaging and seemed genuine.

I remember once in TS2 I had a sim cheating with a married sim. One night the sim went to walk out the back door and the spouse of the married sim was just standing there. I think I screamed. It was freaky.

I was never happy with the lack of emotions in TS3. They were there on the surface but seemed artificial and superimposed on the sim and not intimately connected to the world they lived in. They called them "Moodlets."

TS2 emotions should have been further developed in TS3. I'm glad they are reviving it in TS4, but to tout it as a new feature feels inaccurate.
    From the creator of Robinson Family, Dizziest Sims is a reboot of the storytelling series with all new family and friends! dizziestsims.com #DizziestSims
    edited August 2014

Stranger in kitchen?

so....emotion filled

Sims were very emotional in TS2 and they held grudges that were attached to individual sims. It was very engaging and seemed genuine.

I remember once in TS2 I had a sim cheating with a married sim. One night the sim went to walk out the back door and the spouse of the married sim was just standing there. I think I screamed. It was freaky.

I was never happy with the lack of emotions in TS3. They were there on the surface but seemed artificial and superimposed on the sim and not intimately connected to the world they lived in. They called them "Moodlets."

TS2 emotions should have been further developed in TS3. I'm glad they are reviving it in TS4, but to tout it as a new feature feels inaccurate.
    Ha! That's great! I remember one of my sims got robbed, and she would occasionally stomp around the house and talk angrily with a picture of the burglar's face in her thought bubble. At night she'd dream about him, and show the ghost icon! Hoping he'd die! How awesome is that? She was mad for days!!!

I just remember laughing to myself and thinking, "Girl, I know we just got robbed, but will you quit stomping around and get in the darned shower? We can go to work and buy a new tv when you get home!":)