Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what are the people who do nothing but complain about the sims 4 going to do after its release?

I am genuinely curious what some of them are going to do I have noticed several posters who jump into every thread just to post something negative about the sims 4. Some of these people even go so far as to watch the live plays every day why would you spend so much time on a game your never going to play I dont get it, I realize these people have a right to post there feelings on the game but why spend so much time researching a game just to bash it, try having fun in life.

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    They will likely have more ammunition, don't expect things will change.
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Posts: 48 Member
    > @Jessa_Dakkar said:
    > They will likely have more ammunition, don't expect things will change.

will they be able to post without owning the game though? I remember the old sims 3 forum you had to have the game to post.
  • Options
    Ppatha990Ppatha990 Posts: 10 New Member
    They will just find another place to troll. It is very irritating that they jump on ever thread, even the positive ones. I just want to say, post your own negative thread and trash the game there.
  • Options
    jenniferjennifer Posts: 48 Member
    > @Jessa_Dakkar said:

oh I dont really care that much, I am just surprised that someone who is for sure not getting the game would take so much of there free time to watch the daily lets plays the sims gurus are doing I mean that a huge waste of free time on something someone does not even like.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    jennifer wrote: »
    > @Jessa_Dakkar said:<br />
    > They will likely have more ammunition, don't expect things will change.<br />
    <br />
    will they be able to post without owning the game though? I remember the old sims 3 forum you had to have the game to post.

I don't know. It is still the TS3 forums, too. Most of the people who are being vocal are here from TS3. I don't see EA kicking off everyone who has registered here and has the demo.
  • Options
    thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    Because they think that if they spend all their time and effort that they will cause the sims 4 to fail and that way they will get what they want in the game, But even if they put ever feature they want it I feel safe to say that they would still complain.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    <br />
    oh I dont really care that much, I am just surprised that someone who is for sure not getting the game would take so much of there free time to watch the daily lets plays the sims gurus are doing I mean that a huge waste of free time on something someone does not even like.

Because for many of us that think the current game as its been shown is an utter farce want to be proved wrong so keep watching in hopes they show any, any at all, anything, any one thing that is a redeeming feature or quality.

We are still waiting.
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    <br />

Ahhh... but look at the new forums. It's all one big happy family now. Anyone who owns The Sims 3 or The Sims 4 will have a forum account. I suppose they could lock out forums based on what you own, but I doubt they do. In the long run, it can actually hurt product sales. People who are considering making a purchase sometimes want to ask questions about the product first. Not to the developer, but to the community who has no financial interest in whether or not they make a purchase. While they could set up a forum especially for that, it would be ineffective at best. Doing that would route every single post griping about the game to that one single forum. In the process, the questions being asked would quickly become buried. That's if the person bothered to ask the question at all, after seeing all of the complaints.
    "UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    I am genuinely curious what some of them are going to do I have noticed several posters who jump into every thread just to post something negative about the sims 4. Some of these people even go so far as to watch the live plays every day why would you spend so much time on a game your never going to play I dont get it, I realize these people have a right to post there feelings on the game but why spend so much time researching a game just to bash it, try having fun in life.

Not everybody does it purely to hate on the game,
    Some are still holding (Like myself) That there is still something that they show that might be able to like the game,
    I already posted this weeks ago in another thread
    People grow nostalgic feelings towards music/games/movies, too many people here the Sims franchise holds nostalgia en loving memories,
    So alot of people aren't happy seeying what they like become something they don't like.
    (It happens alot, I have been playing the same MMO for 10 years now, people will get mad over the smallest changes cause they do not like them) and just wonna let their voices be heard, and yes some stick around longer then others... .

• Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    > @Jessa_Dakkar said:

There are official daily let's play videos? I only saw one official video.

Some of us negative nancies would like to be proven wrong... but as it was stated before, this will most likely not be the case... at least for the base game. Don't see EA going: "You know where the fully dressed kid jumps out of the alien baby bassinet... that was just a joke! We've got toddlers, pools, and normal careers all that fun stuff that you've come to love and expect in our game... hahaha, fooled you good!"
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Because any reason to hate on the game some of them leap at.
    Your post on the other thread got 2 abuse flags when it was obviously not abusive...
    Abuse = / = disagree, children.

Edit: to the troll that flagged this: I can find out who you are, and the mods ban those that falsely flag. Have a nice day.
    Post edited by Biotic_Warlock on
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    IvinoraIvinora Posts: 1,165 Member
    tomchan0 wrote: »
    They are sticking around because they want to be right. When someone is upset and angry, all they want is validation. People see what they want to see.

When I watch the videos, I get excited, and see all the fun times to be had. When a basher watches it, all they see is...well more things to bash.

People can watch the same thing and see things totally different...usually what already agrees in what they believe it to be.

Honestly, I hope I am the one that is right. :)

Sorry to say this, but there are no rights or wrongs
    Videogames are a matter of taste, as you can see alot of people are happy with this release why others are not
    you get excited i don't, i'm sure i got excited over trailers videos in the last few weeks you didn't ;)

and yes people will complain and maybe you never will, some are just more vocal then others :3

When it comes to trolls well... that's another type of breed

• Options
    Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    I agree that the negativity is an issue but to be fair they do have some good points about the quality of the game and I understand where they are coming from. Could the game have been better at launch if the developers had been given more time? Absolutely. However we all know EA's weaknesses when it come to game testing and putting out buggy games. We all know that in corporate America money is king.

I think opinions are very personal things and the ones that are bashing, for the most part, just want EA to step up and stop being the way they have always been. They want the Sims franchise to be the best it can be and they don't feel that EA is trying to make that happen. They have every right to have that opinion and express it. We have every right to disagree and express that. Freedom is like that.

I've preordered a disc copy and also went ahead and preordered a digital download of TS4 and am happy with my purchases even knowing the percieved flaws in the game. I will be getting another digital download copy for my son as he's expressed and interest in the build mode and his birthday is coming up.

I like the smaller world, I'm happy to either play TS2 style in rotation and move families along that way or let them age out. There's even an option to fill empty houses when your non-played Sims die off from old age built into the game, with the smaller worlds it will be easy enough to manage even if you fill empty houses manually with Sims you create. Build mode looks excellent and CAS has been fun to play with. Live mode looks similar to every other Sims game I've played so it's familiar with just enough changes to make it entertaining again.

I guess in the end what I'm saying is that if you love the game then go ahead, buy it, play it and have fun. What others think shouldn't really have an impact on you unless you feel there is a grain of truth to what they say. Being able to say "I see what you mean and may agree a little bit but am still going to buy because freedom." and move on is probably your best bet.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited August 2014
    There are official daily let's play videos? I only saw one official video.

Tues-Fri here:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/773960/twitch-lets-play-the-sims-4/p1

Edit~

@Cass9

Presume you are aware but the retail copy is an origin copy, it needs to be tied to your origin account so you won't need to buy additional digital copies beyond how many people are playing simultaneously on separate accounts.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't have anything better to do while my foot heals then to come here and give a different perspective on the game.

I have no problem saying I'm wrong when I'm wrong (I almost type If I'm wrong) but that's neither here nor there. I'm here because I've invested over 10 years in the Sims series and I'm a little let down in this game. .. or a little more let down then a little.

I'll jump in on opinion topics like the rest.

Happy Simming! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    am i the only one that noticed they converged here once the game reached it's 7 day mark? I'm starting to avoid these forums because of them bringing me down
    it's disappointing ...
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    Cass9Cass9 Posts: 27 New Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    @Cass9: Presume you are aware but the retail copy is an origin copy, it needs to be tied to your origin account so you won't need to buy additional digital copies beyond how many people are playing simultaneously on separate accounts.

Yes - I'm giving the disc copy to my daughter(shh she doesn't know) and getting the second DD for my son so we can all play at the same time. I've already told Origin they should have family accounts because we all have our own desktop computers at my house and don't want to go through the "I'm playing the Sims so you can't play!" fights. None of us share well and we all have our computers in the same room.

• Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    They won't stop, if that's what you mean. B)
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Lightests wrote: »
    am i the only one that noticed they converged here once the game reached it's 7 day mark? I'm starting to avoid these forums because of them bringing me down
    it's disappointing ...

Really? We converged? I have a different view. It's more like EA hired some people to come to the TS4 forum to do nothing but praise the game and berate those who see REAL problems with it, who have very low posting numbers, never posted on the TS3 nor the TS2 sites in all these years, no one remembers them, never even once ever asked a question about either game in the last ten years, But suddenly here they all are, squealing for shoddy programming who say it doesn't matter, it's better than a Sim screaming at them. They make several accounts to go in and blast those of us who do know this IS shoddy programming, sloppy, below any game company's standards for a triple A game, just 🐸🐸🐸🐸 workmanship, but they will berate until they make the people who see this shoddy work of a game, rushed, barely ready for alpha showing, to be the monsters.

I mean where you guys been when those of us so called converges were in I&F for several years asking and speculating about the TS4? Or for the last year over on the TS4 sub forum of the TS3, none of them were in there but suddenly here you are praising every bug possible.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    There is a thread that discusses a petition to add toddlers and pools to the game. For awhile I think many naysayers genuinely were in hopes of getting EA to delay release and change the game more to their liking. At this point it is apparent that that is not going to happen. There were also threads pleading for people not to buy the game. The basic motive for this I believe was similar. Hit EA in the pocket book and force them to make a game more to the naysayers liking. Suppressing pre-orders hasn't worked (or worked enough) to persuade EA to delay release either.

There have been additional posts and threads discussing looking forward to the release and holding popcorn parties in anticipation of a disastrous release of the game (a la Sim City.) Essentially many have been hoping for the failure of the game. The motives for this are a little murkier. Why hope for the game's failure? To force EA to make a "better" game? Seems unrealistic. Did that happen with Sim City? To have their predictions and opinions validated? Possibly. Many of the negative posts do look a lot like schadenfreude when they find something they perceive as a flaw that can be attacked. More validation for their staked position - the game is bad.

A lot of the posts look like sour grapes to me. EA isn't making a game they like. They don't plan to buy it. Yet they still hang around cataloging perceived defects. At this point for what purpose? EA isn't delaying the game. Yet they have all this motivation to hang around to discuss how terrible the new game is instead of moving on to something they like better. Maybe some are here in hopes of being proved wrong by the initial reviews. But that can be done by simply sitting back and watching. So the daily bashing threads really don't explain that either.

We will wait and see what happens after release on these forums. Will we continue to see posts from people who haven't bought the game? Haven't played it? Yet still post to bash something they haven't tried? At that point it will be nothing but schadenfreude or sour grapes or pure trolling.

Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member

I understand your frustration but you should really let people express how they feel, just as you are doing in this thread. Maybe some need to vent about a particular issue, maybe some just feel like hating on the game, and maybe some hope to influence EA's decision-making. Ultimately, I feel it is a positive thing for people to express their opinions, as long as they follow the forum rules; feedback should not only be positive reviews, though hateful reviews should make a point to provide some constructive advice. However, just as you would not like your positive-opinion silenced, neither would individuals who have some negative things to say.

Furthermore, any savvy consumer should do a great amount of research pertaining to the item they wish to spend their hard-earned cash on. To do otherwise, in my opinion, is reckless; unless, of course, you do not care about your money or have enough of it to throw about. I would advise you to be mindful of these possibilities and understand the consequences of silencing these individuals. Businesses mostly rely on customer feedback, both negative and positive. What you are suggesting is that customers should allow the company THEY are paying to do whatever they wish, regardless of how their customer base feels (because the consumer should always agree, right?). Is that something you really want? What if you disagreed with a particular aspect of a product; would you expect to be silenced if you had an unfavorable view?
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Cass9 wrote: »
    I agree that the negativity is an issue but to be fair they do have some good points about the quality of the game and I understand where they are coming from. Could the game have been better at launch if the developers had been given more time? Absolutely. However we all know EA's weaknesses when it come to game testing and putting out buggy games. We all know that in corporate America money is king.<br />
    <br />
    I think opinions are very personal things and the ones that are bashing, for the most part, just want EA to step up and stop being the way they have always been. They want the Sims franchise to be the best it can be and they don't feel that EA is trying to make that happen. They have every right to have that opinion and express it. We have every right to disagree and express that. Freedom is like that.<br />
    <br />
    I've preordered a disc copy and also went ahead and preordered a digital download of TS4 and am happy with my purchases even knowing the percieved flaws in the game. I will be getting another digital download copy for my son as he's expressed and interest in the build mode and his birthday is coming up.<br />
    <br />
    I like the smaller world, I'm happy to either play TS2 style in rotation and move families along that way or let them age out. There's even an option to fill empty houses when your non-played Sims die off from old age built into the game, with the smaller worlds it will be easy enough to manage even if you fill empty houses manually with Sims you create. Build mode looks excellent and CAS has been fun to play with. Live mode looks similar to every other Sims game I've played so it's familiar with just enough changes to make it entertaining again.<br />
    <br />
    I guess in the end what I'm saying is that if you love the game then go ahead, buy it, play it and have fun. What others think shouldn't really have an impact on you unless you feel there is a grain of truth to what they say. Being able to say "I see what you mean and may agree a little bit but am still going to buy because freedom." and move on is probably your best bet.

Don't insult the rest of cooperate America, this is EA, not the rest of us. Only EA would put this game out in the condition it's in. Only game companies think they can get by with crap. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited August 2014
    Actually, I seek out the negative posts to see if I learn anything different. I have not. It is the same complaints I have been reading for quite sometime now. I want to see things from every single angle so I go in educated. But that is just me.

And they will not go away. After the game is released, they will analyze and pick apart every single picture posted after release, they will find the game reviews that "prove" the Sims 4 is sub par. They will keep screaming as loud as they can until they lose their voices and then they will hold signs. They will find the posts that say bad things and talk about the bugs in the game and put them together into one post that reads "I told you so." It's what they do.

My speed reading skills have improved as I recognize the comments that are pure flame wars and those who are trying to actually contribute to making a better game. If it's the same thing reiterated for the 500th time then I just leave the thread. This is just my coping mechanism. :)
    It's all I can do.

Edit: I think faster than I type.
  • Options
    And yeah, soapbox time. Let me add this, for Anyone who wants to tell me one more time Clipping is Normal. No, it's not. This is The Sims, where people make videos to be awed by millions on Youtube, stories of all kinds by pictures they put on the internet. Nobody in their 'Right' mind can justify the The Sims having so much clipping that story tellers would be ashamed to post their pictures. Enjoy Sims sitting down on top of each other, kids arms going through those giant toys, Sims hips going through counters, Sims becoming joined when passing each other, arms going through other Sims' bodies when dancing, Sims standing up to walk through couches, and More.

If anyone pays $70 for this mess then they get what the pay for and deserve.