The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    MarLin114 wrote: »
    despina53 wrote: »
    Mia -- I'm a total Techno-Illiterate so don't know how to link but if you go to a thread by "amjoie" in the S3 Store Discussions titled "Forum is too bright, causing eye strain, ...", there is a link in there from MarLin to change your background and font. I did it already (I've got Dragon Valley as my background). Now I'm going to have to see if they've been able to tone down the bright white :D

Hi :smile:
    I've been away for a while catching up at home. Yes, they did tone down the bright white and darkened the light blue font a bit too (as well as changing the font). It might be the last option on the page, maybe called light grey or something like that. Love it!

Here's the thread, the links are at the bottom of pg 3
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/769528/forum-is-too-bright-causing-eye-strain-headaches-previously-titled-i-tried/p3

This is the option I'm using:
    https://userstyles.org/styles/104714/dragon-valley-background-arial-font-grey-v3

ETA: I should have read more of the thread before posting all these links. OT...I snagged the Manor and didn't burn dinner even though I refused to leave my computer while the oven timer was going off.

Thank you, thank you! This is awesome! <3
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    Mid Century Fantasy ended at 4:26pm EDT.
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    @MarLin114 Thank you, thank you, thank you! I changed to the version you are using and everything is so much better. Shouldn't have any more headaches :)
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    So I didn't get on at all yesterday and come back to 195 notifications! :astonished: And still no new list.

On the topic of disagrees, I too have picked up a few from a post it's not even possible to disagree with. For the most part I don't pay attention to who has disagrees and who doesn't. I don't even go to people's profiles to see if they have them or not so I wouldn't even know!
  • Options
    Fran98765Fran98765 Posts: 462 Member
    @frozenorangejuic you can turn off many of the notifications in settings. it's really nice to not be bombarded with too much stuff!
  • Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    ashygirl94 wrote: »
    Heads up, they're adjusting the store prices...again! :|

Midnight Hollow and Lucky Palms Gold have dropped to 3,524.

Yup, again I am noticing that a lot of the things they never put on sale have a price reduction yet most of my CYS have gone up,...things going from 25 to 28 simpoints etc...what a drag.

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    edited August 2014
    *sigh* Villa Paraíso has been raised to 2896 :( Monarch suite has also been raised after being lowered before. Not sure on May 2011 but yesterday it was 45 for me and now I saw that lovely green download button, which in turn gave me another lovely green download button on Blast from the Past :D

Oh, and Gothique Library has been lowered to 972, still to much for me though
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    I haven't been able to keep up did DD lately :( anyone know what number we're on?
  • Options
    MarLin114MarLin114 Posts: 1,724 Member
    edited August 2014
    Add me to the 'my CYS prices have gone up' list. I should have bought the April 2013 Compilation while it was 175 SPs. Now it's 320 *whimper* I was holding out for a free Download button, and I still am. But, if I see that baby at 175 again, I'm taking it.

March 2013 Compilation also increased for me, from 645 to 905 SimPoints.

Two worlds that I've been watching have had price changes:
    Aurora Skies-Gold (SimPoints: 4350 lowered to 3915, now increased to 4307)
    Midnight Hollow-Gold (SimPoints: 4350 lowered to 3915, now lowered again to 3524)

Side Note: Nefje regrets to report that making any changes to the Countries drop down menu of the optional forum pages is beyond their experience/knowledge at this time.
    Post edited by MarLin114 on
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    tac612 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to keep up did DD lately :( anyone know what number we're on?

Hiya tac *waves* We're currently on number 299. Here's the link to the fabulous awesome spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TD5aGsV3AKmX2UW-MxO9H8S9eoWC7APmqAC4NgalvXg/edit?pli=1#gid=1286992794

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    SefnedSefned Posts: 295 Member
    The other night I dozed off while waiting for the Japanese dining set and when I woke up I realized I missed it by only a couple minutes. I was upset with myself and highly disappointed but I consoled myself with the fact that the Teppanyaki Grill was coming up this morning. Which I also would have missed if the baby didn't get hungry and wake me. I was hoping that the next list will have the set at a really good discount so I could grab it for cheap or free.

Then my daughter got on my laptop and completely reorganized my wishlist so I took everything off of it and started over. While doing so the Best of 2012 Compilation caught my eye. Since I have both the greenhouse and the grill, I was curious to see what my cys price would be. Guess what. I had the famous green download button! I got the rest of the Japanese dining set, the More Magic and the India Inspirations set for free!

I'm glad I checked now because I was considering picking up the voodoo doll tonight. Once again, I have to thank you guys for teaching me the ways of the store.
    Jenny. It's easier to pronounce than Sefned. ;)
  • Options
    KittyKat8103KittyKat8103 Posts: 873 Member
    > @MarLin114 said:
    > March 2013 Compilation also increased for me, from 645 to 905 SimPoints.

Is it still showing 905? It was 645 for me also, but now says 935. They raised the Cinema to 2080, which is ridiculous, considering when most venues come out they are 1900. I don't understand some of these price changes.
    You may call me Danielle or KittyKat, whichever you prefer, I like them both :P
    My Page - My Studio - My Sims 3 FB Page
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    > @MarLin114 said: <br />
    > March 2013 Compilation also increased for me, from 645 to 905 SimPoints.<br />
    <br />
    Is it still showing 905? It was 645 for me also, but now says 935. They raised the Cinema to 2080, which is ridiculous, considering when most venues come out they are 1900. I don't understand some of these price changes.

@KittyKat8103 - I just checked it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake and it is 905. It shows that I own 10% of the compilation (Live, Laugh, Love set). If we're getting different prices for these things...oh my.

I noticed the increase to 2080 for the cinema, no how, no way.

a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Sefned wrote: »
    ... the Best of 2012 Compilation caught my eye. Since I have both the greenhouse and the grill, I was curious to see what my cys price would be. Guess what. I had the famous green download button! I got the rest of the Japanese dining set, the More Magic and the India Inspirations set for free!

I'm glad I checked now because I was considering picking up the voodoo doll tonight. Once again, I have to thank you guys for teaching me the ways of the store.
    Ahh, young grasshopper, you have learnt well from the many Masters of the Deal. :)

The unexpected green button is what we all seek, and we all share in the happy dance when someone finds it, congrats! (*)

• Options
    > @MarLin114 said:
    > KittyKat8103 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > KittyKat8103 - I just checked it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake and it is 905. It shows that I own 10% of the compilation (Live, Laugh, Love set). If we're getting different prices for these things...oh my.
    >
    > I noticed the increase to 2080 for the cinema, no how, no way.

Wow, yes that is strange. I double checked, 935/10%, I also have Live Laugh Love. What the heck.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What the heck is right. Does anyone else need the March 2013 Compilation with 10% of it owned? If you do, would you check your price please and let us know what you're being charged?

My Original/Gift price shows 3218 SimPoints.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    Now it just changed to 915... ??? um ok lol weird
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    > @MarLin114 said:<br />
    > KittyKat8103 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > KittyKat8103 - I just checked it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake and it is 905. It shows that I own 10% of the compilation (Live, Laugh, Love set). If we're getting different prices for these things...oh my.<br />
    > <br />
    > I noticed the increase to 2080 for the cinema, no how, no way.<br />
    <br />
    Wow, yes that is strange. I double checked, 935/10%, I also have Live Laugh Love. What the heck.
    Sadly this has always been a very unbalanced compilation. Back a while ago, having the Cinema got you the compilation for free but owning just the LLL set still left you with a big price tag. And if they've upped the price of the Cinema that can only make the situation worse. :(

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Thank you ajaxpost. It's really a weird compilation. Happy that your price is going down KittyKat8103, hope it goes down more.

I just hurried and checked to see if mine increased .. LOL! Keeping us on our toes.
    a.k.a. - Linda
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    Sadly this has always been a very unbalanced compilation. Back a while ago, having the Cinema got you the compilation for free but owning just the LLL set still left you with a big price tag. And if they've upped the price of the Cinema that can only make the situation worse. :(
    And unfortunately the cinema - so far as I know - has never shown up on the DD. I believe it was on the Sale! page recently, and that's about the best discount we may get on it.
  • Options
    > @ajaxpost said:
    > KittyKat8103 wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    > Sadly this has always been a very unbalanced compilation. Back a while ago, having the Cinema got you the compilation for free but owning just the LLL set still left you with a big price tag. And if they've upped the price of the Cinema that can only make the situation worse.

Yeah when I got the LLL set a while back, I was like, gee thanks lol. So I'm not planning on getting the Cinema this way, I'll just wait til I can get it at a good discount on DD, hopefully. It's just strange how it's showing different prices for me and @MarLin114 when we have the same thing.

> @MarLin114 said:
    > Thank you ajaxpost. It's really a weird compilation. Happy that your price is going down KittyKat8103, hope it goes down more.
    >
    > I just hurried and checked to see if mine increased .. LOL! Keeping us on our toes.

Haha! Thanks! Me too, but I won't hold my breath :p lol

> @MiaSkywalker said:
    > ajaxpost wrote: »
    >
    > Sadly this has always been a very unbalanced compilation. Back a while ago, having the Cinema got you the compilation for free but owning just the LLL set still left you with a big price tag. And if they've upped the price of the Cinema that can only make the situation worse.
    >
    >
    >
    > And unfortunately the cinema - so far as I know - has never shown up on the DD. I believe it was on the Sale! page recently, and that's about the best discount we may get on it.

I could have sworn I've seen it on there before, maybe I'm thinking of the arcade.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    Something changed in the Fortune's Folly Comp too. Only thing I don't have fully is Drifter's Desire (my CYS on the set is 395). My comp CYS used to be 160, it's now 215. Original price on Drifter's has not changed. Maybe they changed the comp price.
    2zxozcx.png
  • Options
    CatMoranCatMoran Posts: 55 Member
    ajaxpost wrote: »
    > @MarLin114 said:<br />
    > KittyKat8103 wrote: »<br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > <br />
    > KittyKat8103 - I just checked it again to make sure I didn't make a mistake and it is 905. It shows that I own 10% of the compilation (Live, Laugh, Love set). If we're getting different prices for these things...oh my.<br />
    > <br />
    > I noticed the increase to 2080 for the cinema, no how, no way.<br />
    <br />

I'm not sure that "weird" covers it. I have the cinema (I lucked out on a good MMAO for it just this week.) When I checked the page it said I had 21 out of 53 items, and 89% of the set. Last time I checked, 21/53 doesn't equal anything like 89%. Even if the 89% is calculated by value, at best the cinema is 2080 of the full compilation's 3218 -- which is ~65%.
    I own the store? How'd that happen??
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Off topic question-I used data erase software to clean my old Toshiba laptop with Vista and then used the restore DVD to restore the laptop to factory condition. I know it worked because when it finished, it rebooted and the screen to create username/password came up. But now I am stuck-how on Earth do you shut down the laptop from this screen? I don't want to create a new account, as I plan on donating or recycling the computer. But holding the power button down doesn't seem to be shutting down the computer completely-there is a blinking red light on the front edge and when I open the laptop, it immediately opens up to the create username page (like it was sleeping rather than shut down). Can anyone help me figure out how to completely shut down the darned laptop? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I really want to stop looking, but I can't. I've found that since I last looked at the April 2013 Compilation, my price has increased. On sets, my percentage owned has decreased. The settling in of a new Sales page I guess. :\ Or it's just a Wednesday thing.
    a.k.a. - Linda