Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Complaint About The Nature Lover Aspiration.

CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
Am I the only one that is bothered by no matter which of the sub categories for this aspiration picked the only thing available as an extra trait for it is a collecting trait? How does that relate to a fisherman? Shouldn't you get a better trait for fishing or something if you pick 'that' particular sub category? I don't know, it gets pretty redundant if you want to be a good gardener you only get the extra trait for collecting. (insert eye roll).

Seriously, I would have thought the Extra traits might reflect what sub category we picked in the Aspirations, EA. :|
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• Options
    lanna_rawrlanna_rawr Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, I agree. I was disappointed that the traits don't change with the different aspirations. I honestly don't care about collecting and a green-thumb type trait would be better imo.
  • Options
    lanna_rawr wrote: »
    Yeah, I agree. I was disjointed that the traits don't change with the different aspirations. I honestly don't care about collecting and a green-thumb type trait would be better imo.

Yes, that is what I am talking about. I expected the extra trait to reflect back on the branch we chose. See green thumb makes sense if you pick the gardening aspiration. I just don't get it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    That aspiration is just ignored by me
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    I usually play my Sim as a gardener and collector, so it doesn't bother me too much.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I read somewhere that we can find wild plants to plant in our gardens, so maybe the collector trait is helpful for Gardening.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that we can find wild plants to plant in our gardens, so maybe the collector trait is helpful for Gardening.

But doesn't green thumb trait make more sense? I still don't get how collecting benefits fishing. I just thought this game would be a little bit more intricate on first glance, I guess not.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited August 2014
    I love collecting and usually give all of my sims "loves the outdoors" so I like there is a collecting trait linked with nature.
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    edited August 2014
    It does seem like they missed the point with that aspiration/trait. Maybe 'collecting' applies to fishing and gardening too, but I doubt it.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    katwastakenkatwastaken Posts: 410 Member
    I wonder if collecting links with fishing/gardening because there are different types of fish/plants to collect?
    Origin ID: katwastaken

tumblr_msxcldE8D71s596ako1_250.gif
  • Options
    shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    I bet collecting might benefit fishing in that certain types of bait can be found out in the world. I'm not 100% certain as I haven't played the game and I don't know if bait is a mechanic for fishing this time around. I do know that in TS3, using bait guaranteed you would catch a certain kind(s) of fish. For example, to ensure that you catch a deathfish, you could use angelfish as bait, but in order to catch angelfish, you need alleycatfish, and in order to catch that, you need cheese.

Probably not the best example, but hopefully you catch my drift. Some kinds of bait can be found out in the world, so a collecting trait could really help fishersims find them.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    You know, now that I think about it, no stores, where exactly will you get seeds from specifically? Maybe its all some horrible collecting mishmash and its necessary to do it. I wouldn't put it past them.
  • Options
    shenice93shenice93 Posts: 150 Member
    I think you buy them straight from the planter box. I remember some gameplay video where the player purchased seeds from somewhere.
    Visit my tumblr for all my custom content creations: the-stories-sims-tell.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Badmagic wrote: »
    You know, now that I think about it, no stores, where exactly will you get seeds from specifically? Maybe its all some horrible collecting mishmash and its necessary to do it. I wouldn't put it past them.

You can order seeds over the phone or computer.

• Options
    Ah, great the phone you cant remove that sims grow out of an unspecified orifice at birth. I'd almost forgotten about that. Almost. :|
  • Options
    Yeah, it does seem the TS4 Sims use the phone for everything other than calling or texting other Sims.
  • Options
    ShaobunShaobun Posts: 1,155 Member
    I saw someone (englishsimmer I think) order seeds online. You can choose packs of flowers, fruits, etc. I'm sure the collecting trait will benefit fishers, gardeners, etc. I can't really be bothered going into CAS right now to see what the trait says. Maybe the game considers fishing to be a form of collection (catching/collecting fish).
    Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    I was a little disappointed to see they all shared the collector trait as well. If I had to guess, collecting might work differently/play a bigger role with these skills.
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    The best that I can come up with is that there are different types of fish to catch, so maybe that falls under the collection title. Gotta catch 'em all? :D

Honestly, I would have loved it even better if different aspirations had different traits linked to them. But it would be difficult to keep them useful and not get repetitive with them. And if they did it with one subgroup of traits, then they would have to do it with all of them or else some people would complain big time about that. Meh. Maybe fishermen like to collect worms in TS4 like they do in real life.
  • Options
    Alourra wrote: »
    I was a little disappointed to see they all shared the collector trait as well. If I had to guess, collecting might work differently/play a bigger role with these skills.

So, with that in mind does this mean fulfilling any of the three branches in this Aspiration may depend more on collecting than before. Like a forced thing if you want to be successful in getting this one filled?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Fish are one of the things in the collection journal.
    So is gardening stuff.

The full list of things in the collection journal, taken from Crinrict's Page:

There’s a collection journal with different collections you can complete:
    •Frogs
    •Gardening
    •MySims Trophies
    •Metals
    •Crystals
    •Elements
    •Postcards
    •Fossils
    •Microscope picture
    •Space picture
    •Aliens
    •Meteors
    •Fish
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    Maybe because it affects fishing chances?
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Few used it, but I really looked the Animal Lover trait introduced with TS3's 'Pets' EP which helped build a hidden skill from watching wildlife. OK, most of TS3's wildlife was pretty static and plummy - but better than the none except fish and frogs we've got at the moment, not even the insects of TS3's base game.

Anyway, I think some sort of wildlife watcher element could usefully be added to Nature Lover aspiration in future TS4 EPs.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Fish are one of the things in the collection journal.
    So is gardening stuff.

The full list of things in the collection journal, taken from Crinrict's Page:

There’s a collection journal with different collections you can complete:
    •Frogs
    •Gardening
    •MySims Trophies
    •Metals
    •Crystals
    •Elements
    •Postcards
    •Fossils
    •Microscope picture
    •Space picture
    •Aliens
    •Meteors
    •Fish

aliens?
  • Options
    aliens?
    While exploring space in the stupid rocket ship, in other words off screen nothingness probably like all jobs/careers etc.

• Options
    burntcheese223burntcheese223 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Badmagic wrote: »
    aliens?
    While exploring space in the stupid rocket ship, in other words off screen nothingness probably like all jobs/careers etc.

I get that but that just kind of sounds like aliens will now be objects?