Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect from the Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Huh. Ok. Thanks for explaining it. :)

So, the place in Willow Creek is, obviously, a lounge because it had the subdued decor, piano and the microphone for telling jokes. Was the place in Oasis Springs a bar? Wonder what the night club looks like?

It is entirely possible the comedian place is classified as a "night club" instead of a "lounge". . . The terms aren't exactly always cut and dried. Comedy clubs, for example vs. dance clubs. Seeing as they use the term "night club" the question becames which type of club they were inspired by. So how it is in the game might be "lounge" = place for musical sims to perform, "night club"=comedy club and "bar"=drinks/darts/whatever.

While the terms lounge, club and bar do represent different things, there is a ton of overlap.

Ok, that makes sense. Guess we'll just have to see how they have them laid out once the game's out.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    UnibroUnibro Posts: 68 Member
    I'm going to make my DREAM HOME! And I expect my dream home to come alive in the Sims 4! 'Tis all. Also, I want these Emotions to be put to good use! Oh, and I hope the Semi-Open World DOESN'T screw this up.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    If your question was intended to ask "Where can Sims go?", with the base game we know we are getting the following community lot types:

โ€ขBar
    โ€ขGym
    โ€ขLibrary
    โ€ขLounge
    โ€ขMuseum
    โ€ขNight Club
    โ€ขPark

And there are also the public spaces between lots, where there are things to do.

We also know there is a LOT of "collections" to work toward, if you are the type that likes to send your Sim out collecting things. With the following collections:

โ€ขFrogs
    โ€ขGardening
    โ€ขMySims Trophies
    โ€ขMetals
    โ€ขCrystals
    โ€ขElements
    โ€ขPostcards
    โ€ขFossils
    โ€ขMicroscope picture
    โ€ขSpace picture
    โ€ขAliens
    โ€ขMeteors
    โ€ขFish

We know gardening has been expanded on and is a 'big deal' in the game, including the ability to do genetic splicing and grow flowers as well as food.

The list of skills to work on is pretty extensive:
    โ€ขCharisma
    โ€ขCooking
    โ€ขFishing
    โ€ขFitness (Athletic)
    โ€ขGardening
    โ€ขGuitar
    โ€ขHandiness
    โ€ขLogic
    โ€ขPainting
    โ€ขWriting
    โ€ขComedy
    โ€ขGourmet Cooking
    โ€ขMischief
    โ€ขMixology
    โ€ขPiano
    โ€ขProgramming
    โ€ขRocket Science
    โ€ขVideo Gaming
    โ€ขViolin

We know parties are expanded on (vs. TS3), with this information:

Parties and dates now have goals and tasks which you can fulfill if you want. For each task you fulfill you get points and a medal. If you reach the gold medal, youโ€™ll also get a free random object.

For each party type you can have different kind of roles assigned to your household members/guest and the number of guest you can invite also varies from type to type. I had a dinner party and was able to invite 15 guests tops

The following types of parties were in the game.
    โ€ขHouse Party
    โ€ขDinner Party
    โ€ขWedding
    โ€ขBirthday

And we know there are more musical skills than in any other base game in the past.

The source for most of this post was Crincrict's Sims 4 Blog.

Overall, it looks like a pretty feature rich game to me. :)

I think gameplay will not be a problem from the looks of this list! :D
    At the very least I'm looking for stability at this rate. I loved The Sims 3 but it's lagging experience left me kinda disappointed. I hope this time around lag isn't going to be much of a problem this time around.
  • Options
    RoorenSamaRoorenSama Posts: 82 Member
    I'm expecting a fun experience. I've wanted something new for a long time now, and now the Sims 4 came along! I'm curious to see what's actually in the game and what isn't. The facts keep flip-flopping and I'm unsure at this point!
    I'm also expecting it to be less buggy than the Sims 3, but since I'll be playing it at release, I don't think that's going to happen so early on. Hopefully that's something that's worked up to at least.
    โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
    Tumblr | Instagram
    โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I'm expecting better gameplay than Sims 3 since it's not open world. Less things going on at once, better chance of no stuck sims/generating cars/overall world bugs.

I expect this as well. Way less serious bugs (no stuck sims causing freezing or too much going on at once or crashing), better/more exciting game play as they supposedly focused on the sims themselves this time.

I can deal with no toddlers and pools right away, but can't deal with another unplayable game like Sims 3. It wouldn't matter what is in the game if you can't even play it. They promised and since the final version isn't released yet, I will give them a chance to hold up to their promise.
  • Options
    altad1altad1 Posts: 1,091 Member
    I'm expecting/hoping to enjoy playing the game, and not getting bored of the sims I make the way I did in sims3. I'm looking forward to the emotions and how they will effect the way sims interact with each other. I'm realy looking forward to the expanded gardening.
  • Options
    LegendaryLegendary Posts: 390 Member
    I'm expecting gout and existential terror, but I'm in a good mood today.
    I'm just here to see how the fandom reacts to the game coming out.
  • Options
    FamousmelodyFamousmelody Posts: 118 Member
    What I'm expecting is a new and different game, the rest will be a surprise that will either be awesome or disappointing. What I want is a game with no crashing, lagging, error codes........either way I'm giving it a go cause thats something I'm not gonna know till I play it ;)
    I'm Just a down to earth Gal from New Zealand !
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I agree with almost everything that's been said in thread already, with the Sims 4 I'm expecting...
    • To have fun. :D
    • Enjoy social/emotional interactions with sims (something Sims 3 lacked till the Generations EP).
    • Break my previous pattern and create sims that are all VERY different from each other.
    • Exploring Willow Creek and Oasis Springs (unlocking the "hidden" lots).
    • Try to complete collections and master skills.
    • Explore all the new build mode features
    • Play at least one Legacy Challenge without caving in and cheating (lol). :p

That's pretty much it for now, I'm sure more will come as I play the game.
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I was expecting TS4 to be better than TS2 and TS3. It's not.
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm expecting to have fun. I've decided I'm going to test the game a bit with an 8-person household. If they all stand around reading, I'll probably play for a few weeks until I've checked out the skills and jobs and then go back to TS3, but I'm hoping for some fireworks.
  • Options
    SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
    I'm expecting gout and existential terror, but I'm in a good mood today.

I would love to see their emotions :P
  • Options
    ElyssandarielElyssandariel Posts: 556 Member
    I'm expecting to finally be able to build a decent house instead of having to download them and rely on other people's visions! I can create my own!
    tumblr_inline_mw78cm2WhN1qajk9h.gif
    Thicker Than Thieves: A sim legacy story

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm expecting the gameplay to be fun. Only that. The rest I know already. If it fails being more fun than TS3 then i'll be disappointed.
  • Options
    JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    I'm expecting it to be horrible, have a bunch of fans back-lash at EA / Maxis, and have sales completely crash by the first EP. That way the developers can learn they don't take away features so their cash-cow can be made faster.
  • Options
    dark5id3dark5id3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    I expect nothing.......that way I won't be disappointed. :\
    2rxu2ph.png
  • Options
    SimDebsterSimDebster Posts: 23 Member
    I expected a full base game as in past Sims series. I expected to not have heavy-handed DRM. Neither of these is what is being delivered in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    I'm hoping for a lot of fixes to missing features. Whether it's patches or DLC (it's unrealistic to expect all the old features in a patch). I don't use mods ever so I really hope EA/Maxis steps it up and gives people what they wanted.
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    I expect a game, ANY game, to get past the title screen without CTD. Yet nowadays that's becoming too much to ask.
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Misery. Like from the Stephen King novel.
  • Options
    synthsynth Posts: 407 Member
    i expects a more stylized and nice looking game the the sims 3, more realistic features than previous games (bills, pregnancy), and to be honest im just expecting it to be more fun due to new feautures and less glitches.. i have no doubts it will be great
    buy artpop on itunes
  • Options
    neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    edited August 2014
    I expect the game to not be as laggy as Sims 3 base game was. Oh...and that it doesn't crash. :)

Edited to add a smiley face. :lol:
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Frustration at its likely bugginess followed by boredom at lack of gameplay variety in its teeny-tiny neighbourhoods.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    To be occupied for a few hours
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    "Minimize expectation to avoid being disappointed"