Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you expect from the Sims 4?

SkulltecSkulltec Posts: 474 Member
I know there is a lot information and some video's about Sims 4 but what are you expecting? I don't know what to expect because Maxis/EA only showed emotions. They've released a Sims 4 trailer and still can't really figure out how the actually game play will be. Some people have upload game plays on YouTube however it is just a quick video's with a little bit info about how things works. I haven't seen to much fun whatsoever.. Would be the only thing in this game sitting at home, build houses, go to park, 'go' to work and that's it? Can't really think of something else..

Edit: Typo

Comments

• Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'm expecting better gameplay than Sims 3 since it's not open world. Less things going on at once, better chance of no stuck sims/generating cars/overall world bugs.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NekogrrlNekogrrl Posts: 54 Member
    I expect great building tools, I love building stuff. And the social interactions with other sims (plus PARTIES!)
  • Options
    BrandiBug wrote: »
    I'm expecting better gameplay than Sims 3 since it's not open world. Less things going on at once, better chance of no stuck sims/generating cars/overall world bugs.

Indeed, it's nice they have changed it to a closed world to reduce failures but since it's a closed world they could easily add more public area's like restaurants, bars, cinema, library and go on..
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Skulltec wrote: »
    I know there is a lot information and some video's about Sims 4 but what are you expecting? I don't know what to expect because Maxis/EA only showed emotions. They've released a Sims 4 trailer and still can't really figure out how the actually game play will be. Some people have upload game plays on YouTube however it is just a quick video's with a little bit info about how things works. I haven't seen to much fun whatsoever.. Would be the only thing in this game sitting at home, build houses, go to park, 'go' to work and that's it? Can't really think of something else..

How is that different than any other sims game? That's why it's a life simulator. Go to work, go home....sleep. Feed the kids, take to park, go home, sleep. lol
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I expect a miracle cause it looks plain, but I do agree with @Nekogrrl I really miss social interactions and I think the sims 4 actually DOES add that and besides that I hope we will get great EP to make up for the missing things in the base game.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Skulltec wrote: »

How is that different than any other sims game? That's why it's a life simulator. Go to work, go home....sleep. Feed the kids, take to park, go home, sleep. lol

I meant to say, more random activities for example party invites, nope they've removed it, festivals etc..
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm expecting the same thing I expect when I buy any other game. I expect to have fun playing it.

Not sure what you're talking about when you say "sitting at home, build houses, go to park, 'go' to work and that's it?"

We have seen the game and what we've seen shows that sims interact with one another, build skills, build careers, build relationships, etc... Just like in previous Sims games. We can build our own homes and decorate them, just like in previous Sims games. And share our creations with other simmers, just like in previous Sims games.

What's different is the details, but the actual "stuff you do" hasn't really changed. If you enjoyed previous Sims games, there's a chance you will enjoy TS4, if you did not enjoy previous Sims games, you probably will not enjoy TS4. Is it really that complicated to understand?

As for why I'm getting it instead of just continuing to play previous Sims games. Because the tools (build and CAS) are better, the Sims interactions definitely look better (as compared to TS3, not necessarily TS2), the neighborhood/world design is definitely better (from my standpoint for my playstyle).

And the game play also looks better to me. I LIKE when a game like this lets you play however you want, but also gives you encouragement to meet specific goals. This game looks to do that in spades. And the enhancements to children (They have their own aspirations finally and can also learn more different skills) is a HUGE thing for me.

So overall, I expect to have fun, the details of why I expect to have fun are, ultimately, less important than whether I will or not. I think I will, based on what we have seen.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I expect a miracle cause it looks plain, but I do agree with @Nekogrrl I really miss social interactions and I think the sims 4 actually DOES add that and besides that I hope we will get great EP to make up for the missing things in the base game.

yeah!! That's what EPs are for :D
  • Options
    @Stormkeep well said, thanks :) of course i expect fun too! Loved every Sims game so far
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,544 Member
    Hardly anything interesting was shown by EA as far as just playing the game, other than that conflict the bro had with the older neighbor. But that was more talk than show.

The gems I have seen have come from a few simmers who had a chance to play the game. They were little things like the little girl who hid from the world in her bed when the baby arrived, or a visitor showing up and visiting a sim at their house. I want to see some social dynamics going on. I remember some funny situations occuring in TS2. In TS3 things sims get into don't seem to matter much beyond the moment they happen. I hated trashcan kickers in TS2, but I liked that there was a consequence for your actions in the game and that they might turn up a day or two later after the fact. I loved having a Sentrybot to get revenge on trashcan kickers. >:)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    If your question was intended to ask "Where can Sims go?", with the base game we know we are getting the following community lot types:

•Bar
    •Gym
    •Library
    •Lounge
    •Museum
    •Night Club
    •Park

And there are also the public spaces between lots, where there are things to do.

We also know there is a LOT of "collections" to work toward, if you are the type that likes to send your Sim out collecting things. With the following collections:

•Frogs
    •Gardening
    •MySims Trophies
    •Metals
    •Crystals
    •Elements
    •Postcards
    •Fossils
    •Microscope picture
    •Space picture
    •Aliens
    •Meteors
    •Fish

We know gardening has been expanded on and is a 'big deal' in the game, including the ability to do genetic splicing and grow flowers as well as food.

The list of skills to work on is pretty extensive:
    •Charisma
    •Cooking
    •Fishing
    •Fitness (Athletic)
    •Gardening
    •Guitar
    •Handiness
    •Logic
    •Painting
    •Writing
    •Comedy
    •Gourmet Cooking
    •Mischief
    •Mixology
    •Piano
    •Programming
    •Rocket Science
    •Video Gaming
    •Violin

We know parties are expanded on (vs. TS3), with this information:

Parties and dates now have goals and tasks which you can fulfill if you want. For each task you fulfill you get points and a medal. If you reach the gold medal, you’ll also get a free random object.

For each party type you can have different kind of roles assigned to your household members/guest and the number of guest you can invite also varies from type to type. I had a dinner party and was able to invite 15 guests tops

The following types of parties were in the game.
    •House Party
    •Dinner Party
    •Wedding
    •Birthday

And we know there are more musical skills than in any other base game in the past.

The source for most of this post was Crincrict's Sims 4 Blog.

Overall, it looks like a pretty feature rich game to me. :)
  • Options
    MrSmoothMangoMrSmoothMango Posts: 53 Member
    I just hope the game will actually keep me interested for a while. I found it hard to play The Sims 3 because of the way the sims acted. They would start, stop, start, stop etc. Plus the animations didn't make it really 'believable'. The sims themselves just looked so bland and plastic-y.
    I'm really looking forward to TS4 and I just hope it lives up to what I want it to be.
    follow me on tumblr! smoothmangoes.tumblr.com
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    I'm expecting The Sims 4 to do my taxes for me.
  • Options
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    If your question was intended to ask "Where can Sims go?", with the base game we know we are getting the following community lot types:

•Bar
    •Gym
    •Library
    •Lounge
    •Museum
    •Night Club
    •Park

And there are also the public spaces between lots, where there are things to do.

We also know there is a LOT of "collections" to work toward, if you are the type that likes to send your Sim out collecting things. With the following collections:

•Frogs
    •Gardening
    •MySims Trophies
    •Metals
    •Crystals
    •Elements
    •Postcards
    •Fossils
    •Microscope picture
    •Space picture
    •Aliens
    •Meteors
    •Fish

We know gardening has been expanded on and is a 'big deal' in the game, including the ability to do genetic splicing and grow flowers as well as food.

The list of skills to work on is pretty extensive:
    •Charisma
    •Cooking
    •Fishing
    •Fitness (Athletic)
    •Gardening
    •Guitar
    •Handiness
    •Logic
    •Painting
    •Writing
    •Comedy
    •Gourmet Cooking
    •Mischief
    •Mixology
    •Piano
    •Programming
    •Rocket Science
    •Video Gaming
    •Violin

We know parties are expanded on (vs. TS3), with this information:

Parties and dates now have goals and tasks which you can fulfill if you want. For each task you fulfill you get points and a medal. If you reach the gold medal, you’ll also get a free random object.

For each party type you can have different kind of roles assigned to your household members/guest and the number of guest you can invite also varies from type to type. I had a dinner party and was able to invite 15 guests tops

The following types of parties were in the game.
    •House Party
    •Dinner Party
    •Wedding
    •Birthday

And we know there are more musical skills than in any other base game in the past.

The source for most of this post was Crincrict's Sims 4 Blog.

Overall, it looks like a pretty feature rich game to me. :)

OMG! This list is so amazing Wooooooooooah! bring me to sleep for the a week can't wait!!! Just got goosebumps LOL
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    what i expect from the sims 4 is a fairly entertaining BASE sims game better than the other bases
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Lol why so serious :neutral_face:
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    JoeWow1003 wrote: »

Oh, I thought that we would at least claim them as dependents.
  • Options
    CipherMandyCipherMandy Posts: 524 Member
    edited August 2014
    What to expect when I'm expecting the Sims...

-Better game play. I want TS4 to be smooth. I don't want to pan around to see a sim/zombie/animal/alien/what the heck is that thing stuck, thanks to routing. I want the pizza delivery person to come to the door, not be stuck for three hours behind a bush.

-Better interaction. Meaning, I would like to see relationships/romances take more of an effort than talk/joke/talk/joke/joke/flirt/marry me! The same rainbow, giraffe, squirrel joke should be rather boring after three times.

-A vibrant world. When my Sims go to a bar/park/community lot I want other Sims to be there. It is absolutely no fun trying to bust a move on an empty dance floor. Although, depending on who is singing it may be a good thing, if nobody is there for karaoke night.

-The most important thing I expect is to have FUN! When I play the game, I want to get completely and totally lost in it like usual.

Edit: Becawse ah I can spel, yawl!
    Post edited by CipherMandy on
  • Options
    Lianuh1104Lianuh1104 Posts: 142 Member
    I don't know if i'm expecting as much as I'm hoping that our Sims will actually be smarter, as far as their autonomy.
    Like, my first family is a pair of sisters, one of whom I am going to play and the other will be on her own. As much as it's been advertised that they will be 'smarter,' I hope that she actually does things without me having to micromanage!
  • Options
    chococat9chococat9 Posts: 948 Member
    I expect to have fun and be entertained.
    fbb466ed-3c80-4341-94a8-f6b7439fcbce_zps74fe4b3c.jpg
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

•Bar
    •Gym
    •Library
    •Lounge
    •Museum
    •Night Club
    •Park

Ok, this has been bugging me off and on (when I see the list and think about it :p ). What is the difference between a bar, lounge and night club? Cause in my mind, they're all pretty much interchangeable. I'm not much of a night life person, can you tell? XD
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    BrandiBug wrote: »

That. There had all so better be luchADORE. If they cut him out then I'm one heartbroken Simmer.... :cry:

Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ebuchala wrote: »

•Bar
    •Gym
    •Library
    •Lounge
    •Museum
    •Night Club
    •Park

Ok, this has been bugging me off and on (when I see the list and think about it :p ). What is the difference between a bar, lounge and night club? Cause in my mind, they're all pretty much interchangeable. I'm not much of a night life person, can you tell? XD

LOL, I can tell. ;)

I don't really know how they differentiate the three within the game, but in real life they are pretty different.

IRL, a "bar" is a place to go to have drinks with your friend and maybe play darts or pool. If the bar is a "sports bar" you also will find TV's to watch the game and other bar-games that are sports related. The atmosphere of a bar tends to be friendly, and often loud/roudy.

A Lounge is a place to go and have drinks with your friends as well, obviously, but the atmosphere tends to be more subdued/intimate and there is some kind of entertainment, such as a piano man, a comedian (guessing this is what differentiates it in TS4), etc.

A Night Club is a place where you go to p a r t y, the atmosphere tends to be up beat/energetic and a dance floor (or multiple dance floors) is the main entertainment.

So basically, although all 3 are places that serve drinks, what differentiates them is the atmosphere, the type of energy you find there, and what entertainment forms are present.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    @ebuchala wrote: »

•Bar
    •Gym
    •Library
    •Lounge
    •Museum
    •Night Club
    •Park

LOL, I can tell. ;)

I don't really know how they differentiate the three within the game, but in real life they are pretty different.

IRL, a "bar" is a place to go to have drinks with your friend and maybe play darts or pool. If the bar is a "sports bar" you also will find TV's to watch the game and other bar-games that are sports related. The atmosphere of a bar tends to be friendly, and often loud/roudy.

A Lounge is a place to go and have drinks with your friends as well, obviously, but the atmosphere tends to be more subdued/intimate and there is some kind of entertainment, such as a piano man, a comedian (guessing this is what differentiates it in TS4), etc.

A Night Club is a place where you go to p a r t y, the atmosphere tends to be up beat/energetic and a dance floor (or multiple dance floors) is the main entertainment.

So basically, although all 3 are places that serve drinks, what differentiates them is the atmosphere, the type of energy you find there, and what entertainment forms are present.

Huh. Ok. Thanks for explaining it. :)

So, the place in Willow Creek is, obviously, a lounge because it had the subdued decor, piano and the microphone for telling jokes. Was the place in Oasis Springs a bar? Wonder what the night club looks like?
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Huh. Ok. Thanks for explaining it. :)

So, the place in Willow Creek is, obviously, a lounge because it had the subdued decor, piano and the microphone for telling jokes. Was the place in Oasis Springs a bar? Wonder what the night club looks like?

It is entirely possible the comedian place is classified as a "night club" instead of a "lounge". . . The terms aren't exactly always cut and dried. Comedy clubs, for example vs. dance clubs. Seeing as they use the term "night club" the question becames which type of club they were inspired by. So how it is in the game might be "lounge" = place for musical sims to perform, "night club"=comedy club and "bar"=drinks/darts/whatever.

While the terms lounge, club and bar do represent different things, there is a ton of overlap.