Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is anyone else not bothered about CASt and colour wheel?

Ok i'm guessing i'm in a minority but honestly i'm kinda glad there's no CASt anymore. It took me forever to build a house and make sims because of it. I do miss picking eye and hair colours though. But there was just too much choice and i felt i had to make it perfect. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    Tensai_ZooTensai_Zoo Posts: 109 Member
    I'm not glad, but i won't miss it.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Really?
  • Options
    Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 544 Member
    I have the exact same opinion! Not bothered at all, I may actually spend more time playing the game rather than trying to get everything to match perfectly >.< The hair colours are the only thing that's bothering me slightly.
    ace46abf-17de-4ccb-b09d-2f869a1566dc_zpswzf3im24.jpg
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I'm not really bothered by completing quests and having a bro party animal but it's ALL that is left in the game
  • Options
    SablerainSablerain Posts: 177 Member
    Honestly, I completely agree with the op. I won't miss all the patterns and textures very much, but I do wish we had a colour wheel.
    kawaii_wallpaper_by_cupcake_bakery6.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I'm not. Besides specific sims, I never really used it and not really have a problem not having it in Sims 2.
  • Options
    ts3semlts3seml Posts: 440 Member
    I am sad about it. True that it will save time and choices but I loved all the choices. It won't stop me from buying 4 but I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    HKateSHKateS Posts: 89 Member
    I feel pretty much the same way in that it always took me a long time to build houses and Sims because I always wanted to have things perfectly matching because I had the option to do that - it wasn't even that I absolutely had to have things matching; it was more that I knew that the option was there and therefore felt that I should use it. Now it's not there any more I am noticing how much I used it for Sims' clothing, hair and eyes but aside from that I don't think I'm going to miss it all that much. Not if there are plenty of preset colours for items that I can easily look through without slaving away trying to match colours up by exact hex.
  • Options
    Smidgieroo3Smidgieroo3 Posts: 457 Member
    I wish we could get a color wheel and I will miss cas but for me personally, I think I will have fun just downloading recolors. It's not perfect but for me what we do get outweighs what we don't. I really hope they add in a color wheel soon though. I really miss choosing hair color.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I am going to miss it I didn't realize how much until the cas demo came out. But I've always got S3 for when I really want to be able to customize.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I like choices, the more, the better. I think I like decorating more than I like playing.
  • Options
    CassAngelCassAngel Posts: 307 Member
    Mariposah wrote: »
    I find it sad that you're glad they removed a feature that so many like, just because you couldn't keep yourself from using it.

I'm glad for me, not for other people. Everyone has an opinion.
  • Options
    MariposahMariposah Posts: 249 Member
    HKateS wrote: »
    ... I don't think I'm going to miss it all that much. Not if there are plenty of preset colours for items that I can easily look through without slaving away trying to match colours up by exact hex.

That's a pretty big IF. The demo certainly didn't have enough colors. Heck, I couldn't get dark hazel eyes and not all of the boots came in standard browns and black. Since CASt is out, I really hope there are more color options in the actual game.

TS4-Signature.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiraehd
  • Options
    SablerainSablerain Posts: 177 Member
    > @Mariposah said:
    > I find it sad that you're glad they removed a feature that so many like, just because you couldn't keep yourself from using it.

:o
    I don't think she's gloating over it. There's nothing wrong with seeing the bright side in a situation.
    kawaii_wallpaper_by_cupcake_bakery6.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'd really like more choices in the hair and eyes, but I'm much less bothered in clothes and buy/build.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    Glad CASt textures//patterns is gone but do want a basic color wheel or much wider selection of color choice at least.
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    I loved being able to customize everything, change patterns on furniture, clothing, etc. I feel we've gone a step backward without it. I love to build. If I was doing something I didn't really want to do because...well, why? If you didn't like using CASt, why use it?
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,435 Member
    Oh, I'm bothered. I had thousands and thousands of CC files in The Sims and Sims 2 simply so I could make things look ok together. I was very pleased to be able to match things up within the game in 3. Perhaps if there were a *good* assortment of presets within the game it wouldn't matter so much, but there never has been, and I doubt it will be much different now. Even if there are a lot of choices, they'll include mainly three reds and some other overly bright preschool-crayon-box colors. That's just their thing . . . and not mine at all.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    I was never bothered about them either, I'm glad they've been removed if it's going to make loading the game better.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm would miss it it badly, because I do play the demo and every time I need something of a different shade of green, or pink etc. or a different pattern that would lend itself to making the outfit look totally different I find myself cringing a lot. At least a dang color wheel. I needed something in gold, no gold, just a bright yellow. And some things don't get the full 20 color palette at all. Then I start thinking, o.k. if I ever get this game when things are added back in I'm still going to need that color wheel or have to relearn to recolor with new tools and fill my game with thousands of recolors. I love custom content, but not for recolors, for different meshes for new outfits etc. Not for simple recolors.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    I loved being able to customize everything, change patterns on furniture, clothing, etc. I feel we've gone a step backward without it. I love to build. If I was doing something I didn't really want to do because...well, why? If you didn't like using CASt, why use it?

As far as I know there's no way to play the game with out CASt being there every single time you want to recolor. It all ways lags the game up and it renders all those possible textures in every part of the world....Is there a way to disable it that I'm missing? Be cause if someone knows how to strip it out of TS3 that game might be more playable for me.

Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sablerain wrote: »
    > @Mariposah said:<br />
    > I find it sad that you're glad they removed a feature that so many like, just because you couldn't keep yourself from using it.<br />
    <br />
    :o <br />
    I don't think she's gloating over it. There's nothing wrong with seeing the bright side in a situation.

There is nothing bright about needing a pink top to match a pink bottom and both a different pink shade or worse, not at all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DollDoll Posts: 522 Member
    I'm not 'glad' about it being gone, but it doesn't bother me really.
  • Options
    EncharaEnchara Posts: 30 Member
    I don't mind that the CASt is is gone, I never really used it anyway. But like many others in here, I do also miss the color wheel. Perfectionist as I am, it's difficult to pick hairs and clothes to sims when none of the colors match.

Do anyone know if it's confirmed that the color wheel is not coming to TS4?