Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT NO OPEN WORLD

:s How do I feel about NO open world...I don't like that we're going to loading screens again i was really excited to travel around the new town and pass by people in my car and see Sims running or talking on the sidewalk u know the real life thing u would see ...I liked the open world i really do ,but i just don't want loading screens again man thats 🐸🐸🐸🐸 lol ;) but ill deal with it i just want cars in the Sims 4 ...Them screens better load fast :\
The man upstairs is always watching

Comments

• Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Pretty much how I feel about All-Caps topic headings :(
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    for everyone it's different...I'm not bothered by it really...in s2 it was the same loading screens, but at least I'm having more fun on there than I did with s3 but everyone like's different things :)
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Sad. Torn. Bleeding. But I will reach deep down inside me and... somehow find the strength to carry on.

/crawls away and dies
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm tickled pink about it. I didn't like the Open World very much. I don't like loading screens either though. So I guess I'm hard to please.

I'm happy with the change in TS4, the fact that it is "one world, many neighborhoods" or whatever addresses my largest complaint regarding TS3. IN TS3 it was annoying as heck that with every new EP you had to start a new game to experience the world that came with the EP, or move, thus losing your current world entirely.

It sucked, big time. The new way of doing it is awesome, for my play-style.

The new design should also reduce save-game bloat which, as someone who plays very long term generational games in TS3, completely destroyed my save game eventually quite a few times. And it should mean no dealing with the super long load screen and save screens.

So yah, buh-bye Open World, don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out.

That's how I feel. I totally get the opposite view point though, different play styles will have different views on it.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Well said Stormkeep. Sums up my thoughts on it.
  • Options
    IgongeIgonge Posts: 175 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was bothered at first, but not so much now. I just think about how long to took to get places in the sims 3 on triple speed and then waiting for the lot to render in real time. And then I think of the mess of problems that came with the open world over multiple generations. Pretty much agree with Stormkeep.
    Origin ID: KeldMeld :)
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    not bothered. I like that you have like "small neighbourhoods"
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    thatguyraphaelthatguyraphael Posts: 94 Member
    HAPPY!!!!
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you've come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself" - Madonna
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    No open world is fine. Time to move on.

I'll admit I loved the idea of an open world when I first started playing Sims 3, I thought it was the best thing ever. But now that I look back on it I think that's because I went from Sims 1 straight to Sims 3 so of course going from being stuck in your house all the time to an open world seemed amazing in comparison.

But after playing Sims 3 for years and buying all of the expansion packs and stuff packs and watching my game grind to a halt I'm beginning to see the many drawbacks of an open world as opposed to a semi open world with loading screens.

You still get to walk around the neighborhood, visit your neighbor's home, visit other lots, heck even visit other worlds.
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    Aoralys wrote: »
    Happy. Short loading screens don't bother me more than the tedium that was the fully open world.
    this
    from all the footage i've seen the loading screens are super fast (seconds) so no open world fine with me
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Here's the deal I have with no open world. I would have been fine with it if I really felt that the sims team put all the time and effort that they could into creating the sims 4 and actually gave us a logical explanation as to why they couldn't do an open world, which in my opinion they haven't. But knowing that this was a rushed game because of the original scrapped idea of sims 4 being online, I pretty much bet the reason there is no open world is because the game was rushed to complete on time. This makes it a little frustrating.
  • Options
    VonSimsVonSims Posts: 186 Member
    Playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection kind of gets you used to it.
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I'll take loading screens over cars filling up random parking lots and ruining game play. I would prefer open world, but I know that's the main reason we had so many bugs and glitches. So faster game play yaaaay.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited August 2014
    This thread is scaring me with it's obnoxiously bold title... :cry::scream:

Edit: It's like the OP wants me to wet the bed tonight.

I never liked open world, so I don't mind!
  • Options
    pinkangelsimpinkangelsim Posts: 389 Member
    I really do not care about the loading screens. In TS1, TS2 there were loading screens and it was not that big of deal to me. From what I noticed the screens are if we leave the small area our sims are in ( not Sims leaving the house like it use to be in TS1, TS2) Also, I have been playing TS2 again just for the fun of it and the loading screen is not that bad. I am guessing it will not be as aweful as people think it will be. Will it take time to get use to yep :) , but I am willing to give it a try. I have always been a fan.
    Have a great day, Pink B)
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Considering it's not even like TS2, I don't think I am happy about these changes. First, we all thought a 'neighborhood' was open (they are not) and there would be no loading screen from hood to hood. That was wrong. There is a loading screen between each lot Even in Your Own two or three house neighborhood. And public spaces we all thought was these huge areas surrounding all the houses and or with park objects outside to use etc. This isn't true either. Some public spaces may be the ground between two houses and that's it in some neighborhoods and everything else surrounding the houses are faked décor, even down to the houses across the street.

It's going to be a shock for some.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Not bothered by it at all!

The open world was just implemented poorly in TS3. It contributed to the poor performance of the game, caused gameplay on lots and just gameplay in general to suffer in quality, was buggy, glitchy, etc. I don't know if this is a result of open worlds or TS3 itself, but I just disliked how worlds felt so far off from one another. I didn't like how I had to spend 10 minutes and lose my Sim's progress just to take them to the city. There's just so many negatives with an open world Sims game.

Lot based gameplay, you can expect your game to be stabler, run faster, save faster, improved in gameplay, active Sims in lots, more developed lots, travel between worlds (sub hoods but better!) and so much more.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Here's the deal I have with no open world. I would have been fine with it if I really felt that the sims team put all the time and effort that they could into creating the sims 4 and actually gave us a logical explanation as to why they couldn't do an open world, which in my opinion they haven't. But knowing that this was a rushed game because of the original scrapped idea of sims 4 being online, I pretty much bet the reason there is no open world is because the game was rushed to complete on time. This makes it a little frustrating.

They literally said it was because the game was for low-end PC's because most Simmers have low-end PCs.
    Even YouTube Simmers with top hardware, experience lag and long loading times for objects to appear in colour.

The Sims 3 apparently only works at peak with a certain brand of video card, but most of us have Nividea cards and The Sims 3 has a problem with them. God knows why.

We shall have to see how the Sims 4 improves. So far the CAS demo runs at Ultra Settings with no problem, but it will be different in game :)
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm okay with it as it seems like it well cut down on a lot of lagging and other problems that the TS3 open world brought. I did like the open world in TS3, but it also gave me a lot of grief.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I Like how they set it up at least the house let alone neighborhood isn't boxed off from the rest of the town. I think it will reduce lagging because i do recall when zooming out places and cars weren't loading fast enough, at least with 10-20 second loading screen it gives the places a chance to load well. Tho I do wish the town map at least had the appearance of an Open World.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    BokimbolBokimbol Posts: 503 Member
    I will lett you know about the loading screens once I experience them.
  • Options
    justin5812justin5812 Posts: 632 Member
    I'm happy with it. I was never a big fan of TS3 open world. Not because of lag or anything but because i could never fully immerse myself into the game for 5-6 hours on end like I could TS1 or TS2. I think this change into what The Sims 4 is bringing is great for the franchise because it's getting back to their roots.

Basically IMO,

Open World=not simsy
    lot play=simsy
  • Options
    Emilym3Emilym3 Posts: 539 Member
    I am hopeful...and yet at the same time realistic. I am hopeful that the loading screens will be short, and that the game will run better with no CAS or open worlds. However, experience tells me loading screens will only be shortish in the base game. When I start adding stuff from the gallery, or expansion packs then the loading bar is going to take forever, and once again EA will put in some kind of hidden picture game for me to pass the time with.

I will miss the freedom of exploring an open world. Maybe the small neighborhoods will be enough. I am not sure. Anyone know if we can edit commercial lots? I am guessing no.
  • Options
    jadealixjadealix Posts: 788 Member
    edited August 2014
    I like the open neighborhood rather than the open world. I never liked the full open world, took forever sometimes, and the bugs got frustrating. I don't mind the loading screens actually, plus I could focus on my sims more :)