Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will you be spending release day?

Comments

• Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Debating on if I want to play it before work and have to keep track of time or just download it and play it after I get home from work because I work later the next day too.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    Popcorn.

Exactly. I'll be watching Let's Plays and reviews on youtube alllllllll day.
  • Options
    AmmalineAmmaline Posts: 113 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll be smashing in as much play time as I can into my first 24 hours, then force my sleep deprived mind to make the decision to keep or return!
    Post edited by Ammaline on
  • Options
    SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    Guess I'm gonna watch Lifesimmer on youtube and check forums. I have to get a new PC to play because my current one is broken. Talk about bad luck.
    5a46jk.jpg
  • Options
    MiffoMiffo Posts: 53 Member
    > @Simurg said:
    > Guess I'm gonna watch Lifesimmer on youtube and check forums. I have to get a new PC to play because my current one is broken. Talk about bad luck.

Funny because my computer was broke too. I thought I wasn't going to be able to use it on 5th September but luckily the bits I needed were shipped in at the last minute. I guess I got lucky.

Sorry your computers broke!
  • Options
    SimurgSimurg Posts: 361 Member
    Miffo wrote: »
    > @Simurg said:<br />
    > Guess I'm gonna watch Lifesimmer on youtube and check forums. I have to get a new PC to play because my current one is broken. Talk about bad luck.<br />
    <br />
    Funny because my computer was broke too. I thought I wasn't going to be able to use it on 5th September but luckily the bits I needed were shipped in at the last minute. I guess I got lucky.<br />
    <br />
    Sorry your computers broke!

Thank you. I'm glad that you can work around your problem.

It won't be easy for me to convince my parents to buy a new PC and TS4.
    5a46jk.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,716 Member
    My novels, it's a trilogy, have been completed. My children (all three of them) are grown. I suffered a catastrophic illness so I now have maids to clean my house. In essence, I'm pretty much retired. I will get up early (like normal) have coffee with my hubby before he leaves for work (It's our Thing) and then come upstairs to review my emails. Then I will take my shower, dress, grab a bite to eat and head down to my local GameStop to pick up my game. It opens at 10:00 a.m. here and they always have the day's releases ready to go. Kudos to them. I will likely be back home by 10:30 a.m. . I will head back upstairs and commence installing the game. Depending on just how long it takes, I plan to play it until dinner time. (Here's to hoping someone else will kindly do the cooking, or that I can plan a crock-pot meal to ease things up.) And, that is how I will be spending Release Day. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DoodleGemDoodleGem Posts: 15 New Member
    I'll be spending my release day at school- but since i ordered it from my local store I'll have hopefully something to come home to.

As for what i will be doing when i get- it, probably putting every sim i made in the gallery into my game XD Luckily i have the 4th off, so i shall be playing most of the day then. :D
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    I was hoping to have fun reading some reviews of it, but thanks to EA's review embargo, it looks like I can't even do that!

Thanks again EA!
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    Since I live in Europe I have to wait till September 4th. I requested the day off. I will install at midnight and check the game out a little. When I get the day off I will play till approx. 2am, go to sleep and then spend the rest of the day playing :D If I don't get the day off, I will play till 2am, take a shower, leave for work at 3am and spend the rest of the day after work sleeping :'(
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Working, it is the first day I go back to school, I am not too impressed here with this, I had the same with the sims 3 but, I was looking forward all day to playing I may just forget I have this game.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Since I pre-ordered the Premium edition from Amazon with free shipping, I won't get my physical copy until up to a week after the release date. So, I'll probably just spend my time reading reviews here, watching vids and continue playing with the CAS demo while I wait.
  • Options
    aware210aware210 Posts: 151 Member
    September 1st i will pick up snacks after work. September 2nd and 3rd will be me in my girl cave (aka my office) playing until I can stay awake any longer. I will start out playing a single sims to get the feel of things. I will also build my simself and my hubby a bad-🐸🐸🐸🐸 house. Populate my neighborhood with some people from Doctor Who and other interesting townies. Build a nightclub/hang out called T.A.R.D.I.S and then I'll start my legacy. I'm currently trying to decide on my founder.
  • Options
    musiclover13191musiclover13191 Posts: 82 Member
    I'll be at work with my dad on Sept 2nd. I pre-ordered the game with free shipping from Amazon so I won't get it right away.
    Hogwarts House: Hufflepuff | Ilvermorny House: Pukwudgie | Patronus: Hedgehog
  • Options
    albaniealbanie Posts: 584 Member
    I get Fridays off so here in the UK I'll be lying in until Royal Mail delivers it then install and play like crazy! I'll probably have a driving lesson then come back to it too :P
    You never forget the face of the person who was your last hope - The Hunger Games.
    Banana! - Minions
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    albanie wrote: »
    I get Fridays off so here in the UK I'll be lying in until Royal Mail delivers it then install and play like crazy! I'll probably have a driving lesson then come back to it too :P

I hope the Royal mail gets to your house a lot earlier than it does mine lol or I would be in bed waiting for more than half a day :D
  • Options
    ChelleBaldyChelleBaldy Posts: 262 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well I'll be up early as usual because my sweet 8 month old baby doesn't like to sleep late.. Then I'll have to wait close to 9 or 10 ... Whenever GameStop opens. Then I'll get us dressed pack the diaper bag get us in the car. Probably go through a drive through. Sit in the car because she probably has just fallen asleep... You don't wake a baby when they just fall asleep if you want the rest of your day to go well, it's ok I'll take that time to eat. Maybe call a friend, give her sometime to sleep... then get her out, go in pick up my preorder ... Go back out to the car and wrestle her back in her car seat. Then my luck when we get home she may want another nap... So I'll browse the forums on my iPad.. Then she'll wake up and I'll install the game and try to play all with her hanging on me like a jungle gym,.... While it's installing I'll probably read her a story..... I wouldn't want it any other way.. I love being a mom... And now I miss toddlers in the game :'(
  • Options
    YazFoxxyYazFoxxy Posts: 1,219 Member
    I donno. Depends. I don't have windows, my boyfriend does.. >:3
    But I'm gonna get it. After everything I said I regret now, watching that game play seems worth it even without toddlers or pools!!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    edited August 2014
    tumblr_mg1gwwbjME1qbabvao1_500_zps1d96e9e7.gif

Me while my game is downloading
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Woohooing. Sweet, sweet woohoo.
  • Options
    puffyamiumi22puffyamiumi22 Posts: 77 Member
    In class from 9:35AM-4:00PM and applying for graduation :smile:
  • Options
    metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    Oh jeez, I forgot that the launch day was on a tuesday... agh, I'm completely sure that I would be working that day... I'll try to wake up early and have downloaded and installed the game on 2 PCs in my house.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • Options
    dougsbaby12dougsbaby12 Posts: 894 Member
    I will be working since I couldn't get the day off but I will be playing it as soon as I get home from work.
    [img][/img]Untitled-3_zpselth0dwg.jpg
    YouTube Channel: Manda Sim Tales
  • Options
    immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    I pre-ordered it for my niece, so I'll watch her play, then I'll play a little that evening and see if I want to buy myself a copy, or if I want to skip for now.
  • Options
    asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member
    My butt will be parked right here on the forums and YouTube to see how everybody is liking it (or not liking it). I could go get it that day from my local gamestop as I have pre ordered it, but I don't mind waiting an extra day. I'll probably go pick it up on the 3rd after I drop off my oldest daughter to her first day of school.