The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How will you be spending release day?

In TS2, I'd always take the day off work and play until my eyes bled when a new expansion came out. I expect most of you that are buying it will be doing something similar. Are you taking off work? School? Ignoring it all because you're still coming to terms with no toddlers or whatever and the pain is too much? Are you making a family or a single sim? What does September 2nd look like for you?

I'll be watching the fallout from the sidelines and waiting on unscripted game play to see what the game is actually looking like for players. I'm also cynical, so I expect I'll do a lot of laughing at game sites.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm planning on booking the day off. I'm not sure what time the game will arrive as I ordered same day delivery from Amazon. So maybe I best book the next day off too. lol.
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be in school, crying my eyes out cause I won't get to play it right away. :lol:
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Popcorn.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited July 2014
    Unfortunately waiting until September 5th for us UK simmers :cry: though that's also my grandma's birthday so i'll be playing it later on at like 9pm until about 2am :lol: i'm sure my three year old will enjoy watching it if I dare play it with him next to me haha.
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited July 2014
    Well lucky for me September 2nd is the first day of school for me and my first day of school is only an hour long! Yay i don't have to act sick!
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,104 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will be here popcorn in hand waiting to hear all the people rant and complain how they wished they hadn't wasted their money. :lol:
  • Options
    twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited July 2014
    I get it midnight on release day, a day I happen to have no classes on so you best be sure I will be up all night and the following day gorging myself on tv, junk food, and the sims 4 :D
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be waiting for Let's Play videos on YouTube and checking Twitch for live play, to see if there's anything that will make it worth the time and money investment. Also watching news sites to see if there's any word about a Mac version. Then I'll probably spend some time on my current Sims 3 families so there's that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    Popcorn.
    Dang you beat me to it.

I guess I will reply "sharing Popcorn with InannaWintermoon and others :)"
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited July 2014
    I have to work on release day, and I took the two following days off instead to enjoy playing.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    myramcmyramc Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2014
    i will save money on the sims 4 using g2a.com link here: https://www.g2a.com/r/mic_mya
    and if you don't believe it is your lost
  • Options
    CrZymonkey51CrZymonkey51 Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    Ill be per-ordering the game and waiting till it comes out.hopefully it doesn't suck as much as i think it will but ill be waiting to attend school.i believe the most thing everyone is excited about is the new pull body mode in CAS.nothing else just that
  • Options
    LittleMinxUndrLittleMinxUndr Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since you can preload the game on sept 1st, there's nothing holding me back to start playing TS4 on 0:01 sept 4th.

So that day is pretty much set. ^^
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm on vacation that week as I always take Labor Day week off. Weather or not I will be playing TS4 is up to EA. If not, I will probably be getting a PS4 and upgrading the hard drive to something bigger and faster than 500 gb 5400 RPM for some other games I am looking into. :wink:
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
  • Options
    NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited July 2014
    Try and get time off of work! Comes out on a Thursday in Aus so ill book the cat in to get desexed and tell work I need the Friday off to look after him!

Then spend my Friday with the cat on my lap and playing Sims! Sounds perfect to me! :wink:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited July 2014
    Popcorn.

Can we share?

I will try to stop laughing :lol::lol::lol: or I might die :cry:
  • Options
    MadaphorMadaphor Posts: 78 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be trying to sneak in a little play before I have to get ready to be taken out by my husband for our wedding anniversary. Then, once he falls asleep, I'll begin where I left off. ;D
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    College from 8am to 11am, internship from 12pm to 17pm and more college from 18pm to 22pm.

Maybe I can play for a bit during lunch break (if that I get the game).
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    netguystevenetguysteve Posts: 470 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be giving the game an honest chance and determining whether to keep it or get my money back. Hoping for the former, but preparing myself for the latter.

"UR" is NOT a word, it's the sound stupid people make when they try to spell "You are".
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    Since you can download most of it starting August 29th i'll have it ready to download the last little bit, install it and start playing come Midnight Sept 2nd (i'm on the east coast it actually comes out Sept 1st 9pm on the west coast).

I am a nightowl and normally go to bed about 5-6am so i'll play as much as I can until I must get some sleep, only sleep a few hours or so, enough to get by, then be up and playing some more. Also watching out for Let's plays, reviews, the forums and see what others are saying.

I don't know if the book will come in from Amazon, the strategy guide, on the same day or not. I paid for the fastest shipping. So when it does come i'll be reading it. Though I know it's usually filled with errors but there is still always lots of info in it and I can find out through playing what's true and what's not.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be giving the game an honest chance and determining whether to keep it or get my money back. Hoping for the former, but preparing myself for the latter.
    smart-thinking.jpg

I just don't want to deal with the call to EA (I'm assuming you can't just click a button for the refund).
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully, I'll be playing the game, my hubby will make supper for us (not likely), and he wont ask me to go to the gym. :D I'll just sit and play...all day long. :lol:
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will be spending the day with my daughter since it will be her birthday that day :)
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    Playing Sims 2, checking out steam for new games, and waiting for reviews mainly from Youtube.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    well my job is a online job (my own little business) which is very, very nice :) so I'll def be playing, but also doing my work
    Still waiting for Toddlers...