Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friendly Simmers here, having a chat, won't you join us?

Comments

• Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    I've haven't seen any nasty pictures on this thread.
  • Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    You don't want to see them, but the pictures are gone for now anyway. :)
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    OMG I sure hope those pictures don't show up on here because it was nasty pictures a long time ago that started glitching our thread.

Hello Sara and SungFishy
    glad to have you both join us. Grab a cup of coffee or a soft drink and sit a spell with us. We love chating with our Simmer friends and getting to know them and their Sims.

Hey Pattyheart I'm glad that you are back with us I thought your name sounded kinda familiar but wasn't sure.

Hi Panda
    It was ok for us to call you Panda isn't it?
  • Options
    BD5141 wrote: »
    OMG I sure hope those pictures don't show up on here because it was nasty pictures a long time ago that started glitching our thread.

Hello Sara and SungFishy
    glad to have you both join us. Grab a cup of coffee or a soft drink and sit a spell with us. We love chating with our Simmer friends and getting to know them and their Sims.

Hey Pattyheart I'm glad that you are back with us I thought your name sounded kinda familiar but wasn't sure.

Hi Panda
    It was ok for us to call you Panda isn't it?
    It's okay to call me panda :smile:
  • Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    Hey BD5141. I would love to share you guys my current household but I'm too busy to boot up the game right now :)
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Hi there everybody,I've been working on my new world and have a picture to share.
    14743953440_e1427bf864_c.jpg
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    @TadOlsen. I never really post my pics, because it takes me forever to do worlds. I get distracted to easily. XD But lookin good, brah!
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    Hello ya'll.

There are pralines cooling on the counter and i am getting anew pot of coffee on!

I just woke up from a nap that my body insisted i take. Guess i got to warm my eyes just closed and i shut down on the couch for almost two hours! I do feel refreshed though. :)

lol Ok Panda welcome.

good start for your desert world Tad

Welcome Pattyheart!
    Hello BD, yes i have been playing Sims 2 some, but i keep making new sims and moving them around and decorating apts so i haven't gotten to the gameplay much. I do remember so many great interactions though. I can't wait to have a toddler in the game who can break out of his crib at night!

Sims 4 is such a disappointment just in all that it doesn't include. In addition to no family tree i read there is no more Portrait painting of sims.
    I also read babies are actually objects which is so strange.

School starts for the kid next week so it's the final countdown to get ready. Just need a haircut for the kid and some new school clothes.

Well dunno if i will touch my sims again tonight. Keep playing simcity. We shall see..you'd think i would be missing them but i just haven't felt like playing.

• Options
    exotickittenexotickitten Posts: 4,113 Member
    edited August 2014
    @krimsonnox
    Clothes. Check. (Just bought all new summer stuff in June. We buy new long sleeve shirts & pants and shoes in October, because that's when the temp drops here.)
    Hair cuts are scheduled for this weekend. Check.

You forgot the undoubtably long list of school supplies coming in the mail that will add up to more than a families full weeks worth of groceries. I haven't received the dreaded list yet, but am fully aware it's coming.

I love back to school, then a month later I miss my boys company during the day. lol
    & http://exotickittens.blogspot.com & https://twitter.com/simkitten
    -my nickname was taken on twitter :(
    dac6aa93-85be-457a-a356-02f0a5dd016f_zps42daf419.png
  • Options

Hello Exotickitten!

Well i left off the supply list because for the first yr i wizened up , got the list early and bought all the supplies before we left for vacation. Kiddo even got to choose out unique stuff since we did it early. I plan to do it that way every year from now on. I also had the advantage of getting some of it delivered to me thanks to Google Shopping express! love living near them and being able to use their services.

Good luck gathering all the supply's , it is such a battle at the last week. And yeah i know in past years where we weren't as financially sure as we are now, that we had to scramble to afford it all.

The other thing on my list is cleaning the kid's room....this is challenging because i am the worst at domestic chores. But kiddo needs an organized space to do his work. And our apt is so tiny and crammed...we kind of end up on top of each other in the living room by our desks. So i have a table in kiddos room but right now it's covered in stuff!!!

So anyone who is super organized is welcome to come over and lend a hand.....I suspect my attempt will involve a lot of vulgar language. lol there's just no storage in this place!

I look forward to summer all yr because i hate waking up early, but it is nice when they are away at school for the first two weeks. However this summer my kid and i really bonded and spent time together..he's matured so i feel like im sharing time with an actual person..it has been amazing. So i think i will miss him a little more than i have.

Nice bridge Tad!

• Options
    Sara2573Sara2573 Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2014
    I saw some talk about The Sims 2. It's been so long since I've played. The loading screens would take so long that I just couldn't handle it anymore. :p It bothers me not having the ability to walk around town like in TS3 also. Other than that, TS2 was pretty great.

@BD5141- New members can't post images anymore so hopefully the inappropriate pictures will mostly be gone for good.
    BD5141 wrote: »

I still am not sure about how I feel about The Sims 4, so many things missing from the game I just read today that there will be no family tree! Which doesn't make me happy at all! I'm still wobbling that fence!

Family Tree expansion pack? ;) Sorry, I've been making that joke a lot lately. Yeah, there's a lot missing. I am not buying TS4 at this point, but maybe I'll change my mind in the future. It could turn out to be a really good game...maybe.
  • Options
    SungFishySungFishy Posts: 455 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Sara2573 I am not buying TS4 either, I have no interest in it anymore. I had high hopes for the game.
    Tech Support(inactive)
    QGuOHD4.gif?1
  • Options
    Melmel2362Melmel2362 Posts: 278 Member
    Sara2573 wrote: »
    I saw some talk about The Sims 2. It's been so long since I've played. The loading screens would take so long that I just couldn't handle it anymore. :p It bothers me not having the ability to walk around town like in TS3 also. Other than that, TS2 was pretty great.

Family Tree expansion pack? ;) Sorry, I've been making that joke a lot lately. Yeah, there's a lot missing. I am not buying TS4 at this point, but maybe I'll change my mind in the future. It could turn out to be a really good game...maybe.

I other people's 'throw back' LPs of the Sims 2 are any indication, the loading screens are much quicker on today's computers. I wish I could find my discs!

Totally what I'm thinking about the Sims 4. At best it will be patched in at worst it will be store content or not even ever added. I'm also going to wait a bit to see how the gameplay is once it's released. Maybe they'll be some good sales around Christmas or something.
  • Options
    Hm i'm on the fence with ts4 i don't know if i should get it or wait for pokemon omega ruby and alpha sapphire
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    Good Morning All :-) well, it is morning where I am at this very moment. Foggy, Already seeing signs of autumn. Getting ready to enjoy a second cuppa coffee.

I am among those who are really, really looking forward to the release of Sims 4 and believe that I am not the only one wishing that the "bad mouthing" would stop. What I would like to say is that buying a new game (any new game) is a choice. No one is being forced to buy or to play. We can choose to wait until we hear and see what those who do buy the game have to say and then make a decision. We can still play our other Sims games which (despite any rumors..lol) be taken away from us and will not suddenly vanish when a new game is released.

It is tempting to add the newest and last to be offered Sims 3 store set with the idea of making my Sims 3 "collection" complete. Doubt it would be used much so makes more sense to keep my money in my pocket. Love the Brunch At The Old Mill set.

My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    I don't mind at all when some say they don't like S4 and won't buy it, or that they want to wait to see more reviews and vidoes before deciding. Constructive criticism and opinions are totally acceptable forum discussions.

I do mind those that whine about what-all they don't like simply because it's not an improved version of something that was in S2 or S3, or wish it had this or that in the base game instead of holding it back for expansions, or they won't buy it unless they change it to include _____, or down with greedy EA and money-grubbing conspiracy theories, blah, blah, blah. As if all that whining is going to change anything before release. I hate whining. Even whining about real issues. Discuss it. Don't whine about it.

Not directed at anyone in particular. Just a rant in general. The attitude on the forums here has been so negative it's put me off coming here to read anything. And that doesn't even take into account that horrible troll from the last couple days. That was awful.
  • Options
    AenauAenau Posts: 67 Member
    > @Mystyrys said:
    > I don't mind at all when some say they don't like S4 and won't buy it, or that they want to wait to see more reviews and vidoes before deciding. Constructive criticism and opinions are totally acceptable forum discussions.
    >
    > I do mind those that whine about what-all they don't like simply because it's not an improved version of something that was in S2 or S3, or wish it had this or that in the base game instead of holding it back for expansions, or they won't buy it unless they change it to include _____, or down with greedy EA and money-grubbing conspiracy theories, blah, blah, blah. As if all that whining is going to change anything before release. I hate whining. Even whining about real issues. Discuss it. Don't whine about it.
    >
    > Not directed at anyone in particular. Just a rant in general. The attitude on the forums here has been so negative it's put me off coming here to read anything. And that doesn't even take into account that horrible troll from the last couple days. That was awful.

I play a wide variety of pc and other platform games, do a lot of testing while games are in development and can say the negativity is not limited to the Sims. I can say Sims 4 and another game I am in beta testing on has got to have someone the most venom I have seen on any other forum currently. I dread opening a thread, because I know at some point it will most likely become a snipe fest.

Everyone is different in their likes, preferences and what direction they'd like to see a game take before release, but there is no reason to devalue another players opinion, or belittle another because they have a different perspective. Personally I don't care that Toddlers and Pools are not in the base game, but I'm not going to snipe the person who is disappointed those are missing. If people are not happy, they have the power to choose to buy or not to buy.
  • Options
    babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's been a VERY long time since I posted on here. Hello all!!
    I am very excited about Sims 4!!
  • Options
    MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    Aenau wrote: »
    > @Mystyrys said:*snip*
    Everyone is different in their likes, preferences and what direction they'd like to see a game take before release, but there is no reason to devalue another players opinion, or belittle another because they have a different perspective. Personally I don't care that Toddlers and Pools are not in the base game, but I'm not going to snipe the person who is disappointed those are missing. If people are not happy, they have the power to choose to buy or not to buy.

I wasn't sniping or devaluing anyone's opinion. I was stating my opinion that I am annoyed by whining. Discussing an issue with constructive points and feedback is one thing, lashing out with unfounded rumors, uninformed opinions and two year old temper tantrums over not getting their way and right now or else sort of thing, is another. There's too much whining and too little discussing going on.

• Options
    JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I don't believe I've ever posted in this forum before....I guess I'm a little late since I'm pretty much done with the Sims 3 and looking forward to Sims 4! How is everyone?
  • Options
    Welcome to the new comers, a word if i may. Please don't bring drama to this thread, The regulars here are dear friends and this is our sanctuary. Hop in and have some snacks and a drink and share your game or a bit about yourselves. This is not the place to rant about displeasure in the forums. We try to keep things chill and harmonious here. In other words, please be"theDude" when you come. We are all welcome to sharing our opinions but let's keep the tone friendly.

The coffee is fresh and I went to the truck and got some taco's! Help yourselves!
  • Options
    Hello BCM!!!! It is great to see you again, boy are you looking different! lol.

I kind of refuse to go to sims 4 CAS avi cuz i am still resisting! lol Besides the sims 3 avi is so perfectly how i look in rl. I don't think i can do as good a job on the sims4 stuff yet.

I discovered last night that the new content pack for Neverwinter came out last night so i was making a new toon instead of simming. My poor sims must be scared something has happened to me!!!

I just finished all my pralines from NOLA. :( Luckily there is a mail order form in the box!!! lol mmmmmmmmm

I am sad we never got the new orleans world for sims 3 , If i had any chance with CAW i would give it a go but it is so far over my head.

Hello Sara, it is true that the loading screens in sims 2 go much faster on a modern machine. It isn't much of a bother these days. I still love sims 2. Sims 3 is my favorite though, the open world and CAST being the reasons. Oh and all the store stuff!
  • Options
    AenauAenau Posts: 67 Member
    > @Mystyrys said:
    > Aenau wrote: »
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I wasn't sniping or devaluing anyone's opinion. I was stating my opinion that I am annoyed by whining. Discussing an issue with constructive points and feedback is one thing, lashing out with unfounded rumors, uninformed opinions and two year old temper tantrums over not getting their way and right now or else sort of thing, is another. There's too much whining and too little discussing going on.

I in no way intended to indicate you were sniping any one, if it came across as such, my apologies.

The only thing I was trying to point out is that all the negativity being tossed around on the boards is just pointless. Buy the game, don't buy it, you as the consumer have that right, but no one has the right to take digs at others just because their views differ.

Again my apologies Mystyrys, if you thought I was pointing this at you.
  • Options
    babycakemombabycakemom Posts: 725 Member
    I have changed haven't I Krim!! lol...it's been a long time, see what you have missed in my life??? All joking aside, this is the best sim I have made thus far in Sims 4 demo, so I thought I would use him for a while. Hope everything is great in your life...Loving California??
  • Options
    pattyheartpattyheart Posts: 284 Member
    Good almost afternoon to all. We have sunshine here. How is your day happening so far ?
    My Origin ID is PattyHeart <3 Find me at Twitter as animatedword <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top