Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Totally random - What do you hope will be the first expansion?

So yeah I know the game isn't even out yet but I know that everyone is anywhere from a tiny bit disappointed to stark raving mad that something is missing from the base game. So with that in mind, what do you hope for the first expansion? Please let's keep the discussion civil with no EA bashing.

Myself I am hoping for an "Ambitions" type expansion. The stuff that came out for Sims 3 in Ambitions was awesome. If anyone has read any of my other posts they will see that the self-employment option is one of the things I will miss the most in base game Sims 4. Painting and writing, as self-employed, were my favourite things to do in Sims.

A close second would be apartment buildings....but REAL apartment buildings. A building where all the apartments in it are actually useable by other sims. I don't know if this is something they can even do, they gave it a good try in Sims 3 but didn't quite make it. So yeah, this is something I would really like to see at some point.

Comments

• Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    Seasons! Or some super gigantic family themed EP, similar to Generations, but with a LOT more content.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    Some sort of family life expansion...with the M.I.A. toddlers.
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    edited August 2014
    well at least the idiot was banned, too bad they can't remove his posts as well.

So Crow, you are talking about something like a Generations expansion then? Again I never really enjoyed the whole family thing, but I know most people do and I am definitely in the minority on that expansion.

Honestly, I think from all the forums and comments and stuff I have read, I think it is likely that a Generations type expansion will likely be the first, although of course my wish is the Ambitions thing....but your guess is definitely the more likely if they pay attention to the users.

edit: Whoops sorry...Phineas too guessed that....I missed Phineas' comment trying to avoid the other crap posted.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    I'd like an Ambitions or career type EP if it added in all the normal jobs that they took out.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    EyeLuvMySimEyeLuvMySim Posts: 25 Member
    edited August 2014
    I really enjoyed World Adventures, so a travel/vacation EP would interest me. Or anything that adds more (realistic) career options!
  • Options
    CrowRidgeStudioCrowRidgeStudio Posts: 233 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    So Crow, you are talking about something like a Generations expansion then? Again I never really enjoyed the whole family thing, but I know most people do and I am definitely in the minority on that expansion.

That's what I'm hoping. It's funny, because I always considered the toddlers not to be one of my favorite life stages. But now that they're gone, The Sims doesn't feel complete to me anymore. Turns out I really want them back.

• Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member
    Something that gives us pools :D lol
    Seasons would be nice, but weather EP's come along a lot later.
    Maybe a career EP that gives you more choices for jobs and opportunities.
    what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member

That's what I'm hoping. It's funny, because I always considered the toddlers not to be one of my favorite life stages. But now that they're gone, The Sims doesn't feel complete to me anymore. Turns out I really want them back.

HA.....I never had a pet with the Pets expansion, but now they aren't in this one I was wishing they were. It''s because of the new animations I just imagine pets being much more interesting and maybe less trouble to take care of. That was the only reason I didn't like them in Sims 3, they took up more time than my job.
  • Options
    vogueliciousvoguelicious Posts: 61 Member
    I'm hoping a jumble of additions, pools and toddlers would be great but also extra content on top like generations, with maybe some seasons added in :smile:
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Hopefully something with toddlers in it. Gererations like expansion. Would be near if they added a pre teen stage or something too.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    jennemm75jennemm75 Posts: 309 Member
    I want a mixture of Generations and Open for Business like the sims 2. I loved that EP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    A close second would be apartment buildings....but REAL apartment buildings. A building where all the apartments in it are actually useable by other sims. I don't know if this is something they can even do, they gave it a good try in Sims 3 but didn't quite make it. So yeah, this is something I would really like to see at some point.

This would be great! I always forget how much I enjoyed apartment life in TS2! It worked so much better in TS2 than TS3.

• Options
    katelynnmcdanielkatelynnmcdaniel Posts: 304 Member
    Generations would be nice.
  • Options
    NeyosGurl1NeyosGurl1 Posts: 257 Member
    I will like a family/vacation (a real vacation not like WA) type of expansion.
  • Options
    ChimericalPeaceChimericalPeace Posts: 38 Member
    I'm hoping for an Open for Business, Ambitions, and Freetime mix; World Adventures with a few Ambitions-styled careers, such as archaeologist and adventurer; or a mix of Apartment Life, Nightlife, and Late Night sans paparazzi.
  • Options
    I'm hoping for an Open for Business, Ambitions, and Freetime mix; World Adventures with a few Ambitions-styled careers, such as archaeologist and adventurer; or a mix of Apartment Life, Nightlife, and Late Night sans paparazzi.

Open for business would be good! I think we should start a petition for no paparazzi in anymore sims games! LOL

• Options
    mewsistermewsister Posts: 137 Member

Open for business would be good! I think we should start a petition for no paparazzi in anymore sims games! LOL

I hated the paps and the whole celebrity star thing, it was fun for about 2 mins.
    Whenever one of my normal Sims got like 4 or more friends suddenly they were a celebrity :\

what-doth-love-be.gif
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I want a seasons EP first.
    He/Him
  • Options
    ChimericalPeaceChimericalPeace Posts: 38 Member

Aside from the careers in Freetime, I think OFB and Freetime should have been a single expansion. I loved the idea of celebrities, but the paparazzi ruined it for me; at least we have cowplants in the base game... Hehe!

@mewsister It was too easy to unintentionally become a celebrity. Honestly, I think being a celebrity would have been more interesting if it had been handled better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited August 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Devynsims00Devynsims00 Posts: 3,392 Member
    Seasons... with the ability to control Aliens coming in and out of my world/town. I am totally over being probed without my consent.

But if I cannot get Seasons, I'll gladly take Generations-type or University :smiley:
    OJGRGDT.gif
  • Options
    BrandiBugBrandiBug Posts: 1,313 Member
    I want a generations EP with toddlers :P
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    GleestickyGleesticky Posts: 508 Member
    I would really love a EP where the Sims go on vacation like in Sims 1 and Sims 2.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,463 Member
    I really want either seasons first or a vacation ep.