Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    iampes23 - I really like the colors you used on your deck. The layout of the furniture is nice too. And I love the palm trees! The architecture is really adorable.

golden_glow - All the windows in the kitchen and dinning area is really nice. I love that you gave them a hot tub on their deck. The little girls' room is cute.

gmcrozier - The exterior of the build is really nice. I like the dinning room. The little girls' room is very adorable. I like the family room with the tv and bookcases. Rec'd.

Mederouin - The exterior is really pretty; I love the colors. The master bedroom is lovely. The little girls' room is adorable. Rec'd.
  • Options
    folalafolala Posts: 307 Member

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #148 A Mini Vacation

NAME: Folala

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8394560

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/Folalas/library/Pleasant Cottage

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: built in France (world adventures), 39,997 simoleons, 10x10 lot

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: 2 & 1/2 storey holiday cottage built in France. I thought the hopeless romantic and flirty traits of the adults suited the location and hopefully there's enough indoor distractions to keep Lilith happy.
    The pictures taken in France are in edit town mode as my computer kept crashing when I tried to take them in live mode. I built it in Riverview and play-tested it in MonteVista so that's why the exterior pictures all look different colours.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a
  • Options
    anniepksanniepks Posts: 561 Member
    Folala - I love the idea of their vacation home being in France. It is lovely and screams french country cottage!
    -
  • Options
    ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM A Mini Vacation #148

NAME: Zayven

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8397172

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s418.photobucket.com/user/dreamupreality/media/Pleasant Vacation/Screenshot-2.jpg.html?sort=6&o=0

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: http://s418.photobucket.com/user/dreamupreality/media/Pleasant Vacation/Screenshot-2-2.jpg.html?sort=6&o=39

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10, $39,612

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Standing proudly on a private island, this vibrant home welcomes its family with warm colors and soothing themes. Each family member has their own personal getaway spots, while there's still room for family time and opportunity for bonding. Master Suite, children's double bedroom, 1.5 bath, living room, kitchen, deck dining, all on a 10x10 lot!

Drawing on actual tropical top floors, the roof is tall, vented and open for hot air to travel up into, whereas there's a large open wall space for air to circulate, and a wood stove for chillier nights. It seemed to me the couple was very romance oriented, so I wanted their bedroom to reflect a romantic atmosphere. In line with talking with my Panamanian roommate, the lowered family room also offers coolness and relief from the heat that a kitchen can output, since hot air rises. Most tropical houses have high ceilings on the first floor with vents to pull hot air out. For the twins: bright colors and soft walls house the twin's bedroom. Meshing pink & spice brown & the house theme all together. I noticed Lillith's boots, so her bed is fashioned after leather, and Angela's dress, so her bed is also patterned in a leaf theme. I fashioned separate play areas for them, and made sure to include a half bath for late night potty runs.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: None

Also, thank you so much for your kind words about my build last contest! I'm very new to putting a focus on more elaborate exteriors, so I'll have to start trying to learn!
  • Options
    ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    Folala's reminds me of a fairy tale house in the shape! I haven't figured out how to do those roof/attic spaces yet. The rooster was a really nice touch :) The detail of the exterior is really great.

And I also love Mederouin's little neighborhood. So cool how you built them their own neighborhood on an island. I love the roof designs with all the flowers. How did you do that?
  • Options
    SillyCaileySillyCailey Posts: 374 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [#148 - A Mini Vacation]

NAME: _Princess_Natasha_

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8396292

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/_Natasha_Sim_/library/Summer Mint?sort=6&page=1

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: No

LEVEL: Intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10; Custom Lot in Isla Paradiso; 39,667

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Summer Mint is a micro-mini vacation home. It has 2 beds and 1.5 baths; full kitchen, dinning and living areas; bikes for the entire family; an office for the workaholic mother; and an outdoor BBQ area for the family to enjoy together.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: The uploaded version has NO custom content except the pattern on the wall in the master bed which was created by Peacy. Other CC in the pictures includes the wine from Stylist Sims and the kitchen herbs from SIMcredibledesigns (kitchen). In the little girls' room, ShinoKCRPowerofPinkVasePeonies (from TSR).

Hey there young 'un - trying to get used to these new forums and find my way around and I saw your post so I thought I would take a look :o another Modern, I love that shade of 'mint', very nice little build - really like the two toned cabinets in the kitchen and the post planters on the porch, where did you put the fountain, you did put a fountain somewhere right ;) I really love the color scheme throughout the house and the choice of furniture really suits the build, very nice architecture, love all the windows and decks, and the way it looks like you topped it off with mint whipped cream :D
  • Options
    Megster2000Megster2000 Posts: 15 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #148 Mini Vacation
    NAME: Megster2000

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8397564
    LINK TO MEDIA: http://s751.photobucket.com/user/horton5_ky/library/BnS 148 Mini Vacation?sort=3&page=1

LOT SIZE ADDRESS & FINAL COST: Isla Paradiso, $37,548

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a cute 3 bedroom and 1.5 bath houseboat.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED:

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Well ok folks, that's challenge #148 officially closed! The next challenge should be up shortly :smile:
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2014
    Flying The Nest

Before you take a seat at the local dive bar, you check it for miscellaneous substances. Satisfied you are not going to ruin your new suit, you sit and take in the surroundings. The bar most definitely lives up to it's reputation, you see dark wood, lots of red vinyl and the bar where your newest client is working. He see's you as he pulls his latest customer a pint and holds up his index finger to let you know he'll only be a moment.

So, you get your tablet out and think about whether or not to order a drink, deciding against it, it is only midday to be fair. Your client ambles over and sits beside you.

"It's so cool of you to come and meet me at work, I know Mom and Dad have their hands full at the moment and I really didn't want Mom worrying about this on top of everything else."

"I think it's really great that you are heading off to college Kaiden, and that you want to get your 'digs' ready before you arrive, it's a smart move."

"Thanks, I thought so, so did Mom, that's why she emailed you."

You open the email that Kaye sent you the previous week, along with many mis-spelled words, you can only imagine what it must be like trying to find a moment in a day to write an email with toddler triplets and two children and a teenager in the house, she explains that Kaiden is due to head off to college soon and he wants a small place for himself and maybe a room mate (to help with the bills) ready before he goes, so that he can concentrate on his studies in surroundings that he is familiar with.

"So, what are you going to be studying?" You ask, as this could have a dramatic impact on what you build for him.

"Well, I have decided on a fine arts course, with a skew towards a career as a Chef. Mom's always telling me that I was a natural from the first time I tried out my toy oven!" He laughs. You think back and remember him always having bake sales in front of the house and figure it was a natural career aspiration for him.

"So, you'll need a decent kitchen then, any sort of style?"

"Well, I don't want to be cooking in the stone age, but I have a tight budget. I really want to be a little self sufficient at this stage in my life, so Mom and Dad have agreed to lend me a small amount and I have some savings from working here."

"Ah, that'll be where the room mate comes in I'm guessing?"

"Yep, there's no way I can work and concentrate on my studies fully, so I figured a roomie would be the ideal choice. I've got some flyers all made up so I can pop them around campus and hopefully get someone to help with the bills."

"So, we're looking at two bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms?"

"I'm not that worried about the two full bathrooms, to be honest, I'd rather the money went into the kitchen equipment."

"OK, any other requests?"

"No, I know i'll just love anything you come up with, as long as I have a place to cook, a place to sleep and somewhere to just relax I'm happy!"

"Wow, I wish all my clients were as laid back as you."

"I bet!! Now, what can I get you to drink? On the house??"

"I'll just grab a coffee actually, I need to get started on your project."

Requirements:
    • 20x20 lot
    • 2 Bedrooms
    • 1.5 Bathrooms
    • Well equipped kitchen
    • Your choice of colors
    • Budget is $35,000

Optional Challenge
    Make a flyer to help Kaiden find a room mate

Deadline, Wednesday August 27th, Midnight CMT
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM [#148 - A Mini Vacation]

NAME: _Princess_Natasha_

LINK TO LOT: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8396292

LINK TO MEDIA: http://s745.photobucket.com/user/_Natasha_Sim_/library/Summer Mint?sort=6&page=1

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 10x10; Custom Lot in Isla Paradiso; 39,667

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: Summer Mint is a micro-mini vacation home. It has 2 beds and 1.5 baths; full kitchen, dinning and living areas; bikes for the entire family; an office for the workaholic mother; and an outdoor BBQ area for the family to enjoy together.

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: The uploaded version has NO custom content except the pattern on the wall in the master bed which was created by Peacy. Other CC in the pictures includes the wine from Stylist Sims and the kitchen herbs from SIMcredibledesigns (kitchen). In the little girls' room, ShinoKCRPowerofPinkVasePeonies (from TSR).

Hey there young 'un - trying to get used to these new forums and find my way around and I saw your post so I thought I would take a look :o another Modern, I love that shade of 'mint', very nice little build - really like the two toned cabinets in the kitchen and the post planters on the porch, where did you put the fountain, you did put a fountain somewhere right ;) I really love the color scheme throughout the house and the choice of furniture really suits the build, very nice architecture, love all the windows and decks, and the way it looks like you topped it off with mint whipped cream :D

Unfortunately, a 40K budget meant no fountain! LOL Thanks for the kind words and for always supporting my work! :) Many hugs for you!

• Options
    This new challenge is really going to be a challenge! It's tempting tho since small builds are quick builds and are wonderful when you're crunched for time! I may give it a go if I don't get too busy with RL! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
  • Options
    mederouinmederouin Posts: 67 Member
    Zayven wrote: »
    Folala's reminds me of a fairy tale house in the shape! I haven't figured out how to do those roof/attic spaces yet. The rooster was a really nice touch :) The detail of the exterior is really great.

And I also love Mederouin's little neighborhood. So cool how you built them their own neighborhood on an island. I love the roof designs with all the flowers. How did you do that?

Hey Zayven, glad you liked it, the roof design is actually something I picked up from Build n' Share, all you have to do is place columns so that every square of where you want to place your plants is covered by building grid, so you can place things there essentially. After that you use the small fencing to build a pergola of sorts. Then all you have to do is with the moveobjects on cheat just place the plants up there, heather works the best because it is a ground cover plant and spreads out rather than stands up so you get more coverage for you money. After that just delete the extra columns and your done. For my mini vacation house I also placed the roofington roof curves, I think they're called, they're under roof objects and from Island Paradise, just to give the roof extra definition Hope that helps you.

“As an architect you design for the present with an awareness of the past for a future which is essentially unknown”
    -Herman Foster
  • Options
    LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    Advanced results from Best laid plans III are up finally!

Thank you for your patience!
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12410689/#Comment_12410689
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • Options
    Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    Congrats ArikaB!!! How are all our builds coming along???
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • Options
    I'm mostly finished with my build. I just have to put it together. It's a very fun build! I even played Kaiden through university.
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    > @FaithofKaela said:
    > Congrats ArikaB!!! How are all our builds coming along???

Thank you! And thanks for the feedback, Lebanna! You're right - I should have added more clutter to the twins' room.
    I haven't actually started building this one yet, because I'm playing Kaiden through graduation and into University. Aaaaaand my game keeps crashing. On the up-side, though, it's giving me more time to think about what kind of build I want to do...
  • Options
    SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    Oh, man, this would be a great build for me to get back into the swing of things with - I haven't played any Sims 3 since my daughter was born. I love designing dorm/apartment/small house space for college students, though. Maybe I'll see what I can do while my baby is sleeping at night.
  • Options
    @SimsIslandheart I hope you can manage to build something :) We would love to see the result!

• Options
    oXseashellXooXseashellXo Posts: 678 Member
    I'd really like to participate this time. It's such a small build, I think I could finish in time. I just haven't had much time to play this summer and when I do, I spend more time playing instead of building.
  • Options
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @SimsIslandheart I hope you can manage to build something :) We would love to see the result!

Thanks, @Lebanna - I'm really excited to get back into building.

To anyone who knows the answer: I just realized I have a question about this challenge - is Kaiden an existing Sim somewhere, or can we just imagine what he's like and create him? I tried using the "Search" function for the forums, but it brought up a number of Sims named "Kaiden" who seemed unrelated to each other, and the only one with a mother named "Kaye" is in a post with a bunch of broken images. I'm asking because I'd like to have a playable Kaiden for the optional challenge with this one.
  • Options
    Lebanna wrote: »

Thanks, @Lebanna - I'm really excited to get back into building.

To anyone who knows the answer: I just realized I have a question about this challenge - is Kaiden an existing Sim somewhere, or can we just imagine what he's like and create him? I tried using the "Search" function for the forums, but it brought up a number of Sims named "Kaiden" who seemed unrelated to each other, and the only one with a mother named "Kaye" is in a post with a bunch of broken images. I'm asking because I'd like to have a playable Kaiden for the optional challenge with this one.

You can just make him. I think his only trait is that he must be a light sleeper. Check out best laid plans, best laid plans II and best laid plans III (BNS Challenges).
  • Options
    anniepks wrote: »
    You can just make him. I think his only trait is that he must be a light sleeper. Check out best laid plans, best laid plans II and best laid plans III (BNS Challenges).

Great! Thanks for the tip, @anniepks!

• Options
    paneingerpaneinger Posts: 214 Member
    I'm gonna try and enter this time. Things have been really crazy lately and I haven't done any builds since the spring designer challenge, but this one sounds fun! I attempted the Best Laid Plans III (and it was going so good ;-; ) but just didn't have time to finish. This should be fun though =] 35k is an impressive budget - both in the sense that I wish I would have had 35k to start off college with and the challenge of building a nice little house!
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Can we build in any world or does it need to be the uni town?
  • Options
    aricarai wrote: »
    Can we build in any world or does it need to be the uni town?
    You can build in any world. As we don't expect everyone to own University life.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top