Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Olympus

Comments

• Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    To everyone whining and crying that Sims 4 is "rushed and ruined and lacking and dumb" because it was originally supposed to be an online game code named "Sims Olympus."

Has anyone stopped to think than maybe the ‘Sims Olympus online game’ information that leaked wasn’t actually an early version of Sims 4 and is instead an online Sims game they’re still working on that’s unrelated to Sims 4? Like Sims Medieval was to Sims 3. It could even be another Facebook type game like Sims Social.

Well then, if that is the case that means in five years they couldn't get this game together enough with over 100 people working on it to add toddlers and pools and build larger hoods that contain more than twelve houses in two worlds.

Which theory do you prefer?

:thumbup:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    No. The same evidence that proves Olympus' existance also proves its connection to TS4, and that TS4 began as an online game.
    It does imply that TS4 was an online game at first, or at least had a lot of online aspects to it but it doesn't show any connection between TS4 and Olympus.

Here's a link to the second page where Gibeau says they listened to the feedback about SimCity and decided from that to make TS4 an offline game.
    http://venturebeat.com/2013/07/23/eas-frank-gibeau-on-interview-part-1/2/

Notice the date they decided to do that, After SC. That means this game has either been revamped and redone to make it a single player experience since 2013, or he is a liar. That's only about a year and half ago. If it was online, that means it was some type of MMO or something. They stressed from the time of the announcement this game would be offline "Single Player" this is after SC which released in 2013.

I don't think he means they just changed it to where you don't have to log in to play. Look at Olympus then look at TS4 early Sims we saw in renders etc. They are the same Sims. Even down to a red Victorian looking couch.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well, the whole Olympus thing seems to be the most likely reason for the sad and sorry state of the game that is coming on on September 2nd. If they truly have been working on this train wreck for the past 5 years, that is truly truly sad.

No one is using Olympus as an excuse to not like ts4, it's just cited as the most likely reason for why there is almost nothing in the game and why so many corners have been cut. It's not like if we knew nothing about olympus and yet were being offered this same exact product everyone would be happy. Everyone would be just as upset, there just wouldn't be a big glaringly obvious reason for all the cuts.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    Still waiting to hear what the OP would consider proof. <Jeopardy music>
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    No. The same evidence that proves Olympus' existance also proves its connection to TS4, and that TS4 began as an online game.
    It does imply that TS4 was an online game at first, or at least had a lot of online aspects to it but it doesn't show any connection between TS4 and Olympus.

Here's a link to the second page where Gibeau says they listened to the feedback about SimCity and decided from that to make TS4 an offline game.
    I'm not talking about what Gibeau said, I'm talking about this:
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/63437610043/more-corroboration-for-patrick-kelly-the-sims-4

Confirmation of the connection that Patrick Kelly told us about between Olympus and TS4:
    PROJECT: Olympus, Sims 4

Plus an indisputable statement that TS4 was once an online game:
    Sims 4. Got to work on clustered servers, chat systems, scaling and performance, and other internet style stuff when it was an internet based game. Also became python internals guru.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

I'm not talking about what Gibeau said, I'm talking about this:
    http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/63437610043/more-corroboration-for-patrick-kelly-the-sims-4

Confirmation of the connection that Patrick Kelly told us about between Olympus and TS4:
    PROJECT: Olympus, Sims 4

Plus an indisputable statement that TS4 was once an online game:
    Sims 4. Got to work on clustered servers, chat systems, scaling and performance, and other internet style stuff when it was an internet based game. Also became python internals guru.

I actually, A. misunderstood/misread your post that I responded to and B. saw your Honeywell link later.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    averee90 wrote:
    I stopped reading at "to everyone whining..."
    :lol: Me too.

LOL then he edited it. I guess he got cold feet. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Claire17 wrote:
    averee90 wrote:

It's worth skipping to Cinebar's reply though:)

Yes, it always is worth it! :D
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2014
    Might as well get my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in while I can. I have never seen such lack of enthusiasm from the fans for an upcoming Sims game. If I remember correctly, the reaction was about evenly divided for the Sims 3 launch. The barbs and insults just flew back and forth.

The difference then though, was that the fans were arguing about playing style, and while there did seem to be some minor things to be cut (compared to TS4), no one ever accused TS3 of being built from the ashes of an online game, simply because it started out its life as a single-player game.

You almost have to feel sorry for those who are trying to defend this game, though, because, in the long run, they'll be the ones who discover the limited gameplay. There will be one of two reactions from the ones who buy the game: "What a ripoff!"...or..."We need a new EP *NOW*, EA!

(And I bet EA never does put either the pools or the toddlers back).
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    bflury wrote:
    averee90 wrote:
    Ha, I didn't even read it that far :)

LOL! :P
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I changed the first sentence for those that are overly sensitive to being called out for what they're doing.

And after all these posts, still no one has shown actual proof that Sims Olympus was the original idea for Sims 4. Just more complaining about how "Sims 4 is bad because blah, blah, blah."

*Sigh*. And what exactly are you doing?

And the Sims 4 IS going to be bad.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Just wondering, is it purposeful or accidental that the most immature and ridiculous whiners have toddler avatars?

And your avatar is probably much older than what you actually are. :wink:
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    To everyone whining and crying that Sims 4 is "rushed and ruined and lacking and dumb" because it was originally supposed to be an online game code named "Sims Olympus."

Has anyone stopped to think than maybe the ‘Sims Olympus online game’ information that leaked wasn’t actually an early version of Sims 4 and is instead an online Sims game they’re still working on that’s unrelated to Sims 4? Like Sims Medieval was to Sims 3. It could even be another Facebook type game like Sims Social.

I hope they release the on line version too then. :mrgreen: *I'm not a crazy complainer. I just wanted to comment I'd like to try an on line Sims.*

I tried TSO, thinking 'cool, Sims online!'. Boy, was I disappointed. Nothing but chat rooms separated by loading screens. It sucked with a vengeance. And not in a good way. From what I've heard, though, they are making a mobile version that might be online. So, you just might get your wish.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

Sorry but I stopped reading (yes again) where it said:
    GamesBeat: EA got voted the Worst Company in America? How do you respond to that and try to change that perception, if it is indeed a widely held opinion?

Gibeau: We take it very seriously and want to see it change.

Because a couple years ago when EA first got their "award", one of their higher-ups said something like this: "We don't care if we got that award." So is Gebeau fibbing, or was the higher-up at the time fibbing over whether or not they take it seriously (their receiving the "award")?

Ah, here's the right quote, along with a link to the article:
    "We're sure that bank presidents, oil, tobacco and weapons companies are all relieved they weren't on the list this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-04-ea-responds-to-worst-company-label-from-consumerist

So yes, they initially dismissed consumers' complaints about the company.

But a year later, another exec says something totally different?

My point:
    No. They're liars and I don't trust a single thing any of them say.

What I don't understand is why some continue to believe and hang onto their every word, when they've proven over and over again that their word is complete rubbish.
  • Options
    Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited August 2014
    If the Sims does ever go online in its own game further down the line, I would probably try it. I bought SimCity when it was released and, yes, experienced all the server issues that occurred at launch. But now I still play it - it has a Single Player mode now and all the hooopla over the SimCity failing (I actually like playing SimCity) and thus being a precursor to every attempt for the Sims going online is silly! It can definitely happen, and if that day ever comes, I will give it a chance. :D
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    To those saying Sims 4 is "rushed and ruined and lacking and dumb" because it was originally supposed to be an online game code named "Sims Olympus."

Why would EA's then president lie on record?

Also, we have pictures and videos of Olympus, some, like the blond girl with a pink streak that made right into TS4 official promotions.

It's factual.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I changed the first sentence for those that are overly sensitive to being called out for what they're doing.

And after all these posts, still no one has shown actual proof that Sims Olympus was the original idea for Sims 4. Just more complaining about how "Sims 4 is bad because blah, blah, blah."

If you haven't seen proof, you are too dumb to figure out Google.

Hint: go to Honeywell's.

I also recommend Special Ed, in your case.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    To those saying Sims 4 is "rushed and ruined and lacking and dumb" because it was originally supposed to be an online game code named "Sims Olympus."

Also, we have pictures and videos of Olympus, some, like the blond girl with a pink streak that made right into TS4 official promotions.

It's factual.

Never heard of these "facts" If i am missing something then point me in the right direction. Even so, I think they did a good job of turning Olympus into Sims 4

~Kaleb
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

It's factual.

Never heard of these "facts" If i am missing something then point me in the right direction.

I'm not your nanny, kid. But I'll take pity on someone so stupid they can't figure out search...
    pguida wrote:
    The article has pictures, info and quotes from people who worked on the game.

EA president has once confirmed TS4 was an online game that was switched to offline.
    And EA president acknowledged as much.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16268/article/ea-simcity-s-o
    nline-debacle-inspired-the-sims-4-to-be-offline/

So, a lot of the limitations we are seeing in TS4 are not "to make it run better and smoother".

In fact, the team was given little aunder two years to completely salvage a failed project and now they are rushing to get it done in Q2, when investors want it.

It's an interesting read.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited August 2014
    This link will sums it up

The game's interface and icons screams mobile/online!!

The limited gameplay says it all too. This game was in development for 5 years but the final product has been in works for only one year after they cancelled their plans after Simcity debacle

Even premade characters are the same too

243px7k.jpg

tumblr_mspf2fkM5g1sh6xelo2_r2_1280.jpg

Even the sim action queue is in the same place!! left in the lower screen

maxresdefault.jpg
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014

The limited gameplay says it all too. This game was in development for 5 years but the final product has been in works for only one year after they cancelled their plans after Simcity debacle

243px7k.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Exactly.

The proof is right there, and has been there for monthes lol.

Google is your friend.
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Never heard of these "facts" If i am missing something then point me in the right direction.
    I'm not your nanny, kid. But I'll take pity on someone so stupid they can't figure out search...
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
    Where's the OP? Cat got his tongue? Overwhelmed by the evidence? Off somewhere constructing a tin foil hat?
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    Just wondering, is it purposeful or accidental that the most immature and ridiculous whiners have toddler avatars?

Why are folks like yourself and the rest of them on such a mission to call out those dissapointed at the LITERAL JUNK that's being released next month? What is the problem? Do you refuse to see the bad so you can have a new Sims game? Be on with you then and be happy and stop stirring the pot!!

How does others anger fit into your life? I don't understand. "negative threads" are pretty evident in their title. Stay out of them.

I stay out of the cheer leading threads because threes no reason to go instigating my opinion on people who are ecstatic for a less than stellar product. I'm complaining with others in the negative threads. I don't get the drama, I really don't.
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014

243px7k.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Looks great and I love that concept art. I wonder what it takes to get hired for concept art because I'd ******* love to get hired to do 2D character drawings. <3
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif