Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS3 vs TS4: Launch Comparison

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    If EA would've given the pro-TS4 simmers a little more information and a slew of daily pictures, then there would be more pro-TS4 threads and general excitement. Unfortunately, all EA is giving out is bad news and the people who dislike what they are hearing are making all the threads and setting the tone. This game looks bad and the release seems like it will be a total disaster so far, EA is not doing one thing to stop that impression from ruling every forum I visit.

I don't think they necessarily need to give more info to the "pro-TS4" people specifically. I think they have tried to do that with the Yibsims system and it hasn't worked well for them. Actually, when you have a franchise and it's biggest strength and asset is a strong community, you don't mangle it by treating some individuals as "more equal than others." Anyhoo, if EA/Sims staff would just be more forthcoming with information with everyone simultaneously, it would cut out a lot of the extremism.
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    If EA would've given the pro-TS4 simmers a little more information and a slew of daily pictures, then there would be more pro-TS4 threads and general excitement. Unfortunately, all EA is giving out is bad news and the people who dislike what they are hearing are making all the threads and setting the tone. This game looks bad and the release seems like it will be a total disaster so far, EA is not doing one thing to stop that impression from ruling every forum I visit.

I don't think they necessarily need to give more info to the "pro-TS4" people specifically. I think they have tried to do that with the Yibsims system and it hasn't worked well for them. Actually, when you have a franchise and it's biggest strength and asset is a strong community, you don't mangle it by treating some individuals as "more equal than others." Anyhoo, if EA/Sims staff would just be more forthcoming with information with everyone simultaneously, it would cut out a lot of the extremism.

Yeah, I didn't phrase that very well. I didn't mean "pro-TS4" people as being Yibsims, I meant "pro-TS4" people as the ones on this forum right now that want to buy the game and would love to have something to talk about besides how awful the "I don't want TS4" people are with their complaints.

EA should be releasing information publicly to everyone and giving the people who want to be excited about this game something game related to be happy about, stare at a hundred times a day and make redundant threads to talk about.

Edited because I got the weirdest censor and reworded something to "I don't want TS4"
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    edited August 2014
    QDog wrote:
    There were loads of complaints about TS3 both before its release and immediately afterwards. Before release, people constantly complained about the pudding faces, about story progression and EA forcing you to play just one family (we were all used to micro-managing families with TS2). There were also (fewer) complaints about the UI, about the RPG elements of the game, etc. Many simmers swore they would stick to TS2 forever.
    After release, people complaint about saving error 12, about glitches and their computers not being able to handle the game, about missing interactions (particularly, romantic interaction and family), etc.

Thinking about it, it was not much different than what's happening with TS4.

This is how I remember it. And yet, there are a gazillion loyal TS3-ers now. I predict similar for TS4. As you say, not much different then than now.