Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant wait for sept 2nd!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited August 2014
    What I don't get is why so many people are still complaining about the game. I mean, we already know what the game is and isn't going to have. And I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain about the game because...you do. And a lot of the complaints make sense. I totally understand why a lot of people won't be buying it. But my question is, why are you still here complaining about it? You're beating a dead horse. I feel like you're just riling yourselves up more. Are you just trying to convince other people not to buy the game? I mean...good luck with that. Are you trying to change EA's mind about things? EA doesn't care what you think. :? They'll make a lot of money off this game whether or not you choose to buy it.

Again, I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain about the game. If you want to, go for it. I'm just wondering why? What you get out if it if you're not going to be buying/playing the game?
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't wait for the 2nd as well!! I'm going to be in here with so much popcorn watching the forums collapse into even more chaos upon the game's actual release.... :lol::lol:
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not just because I will be playing the sims 4 that night after work, but also because the forums will then require you to own the sims 4 to post, so unless some of the haters buy the game just to post negatively about it the board should be cleaned up by then.

LOL. I'm sure the owners will have NOTHING negative to say. Nothing at all, because the game will be perfect and bug-free. You sound like someone who's never before purchased a new game. You think people who actually spend money on this game and experience problems will be quiet?
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What I don't get is why so many people are still complaining about the game. I mean, we already know what the game is and isn't going to have. And I'm not saying you don't have a right to complain about the game because...you do. And a lot of the complaints make sense. I totally understand why a lot of people won't be buying it. But my question is, why are you still here complaining about it? You're beating a dead horse. I feel like you're just riling yourselves up more. Are you just trying to convince other people not to buy the game? I mean...good luck with that. Are you trying to change EA's mind about things? EA doesn't care what you think. :? They'll make a lot of money off this game whether or not you choose to buy it.

Again, I'm not saying you don't have the right to complain about the game. If you want to, go for it. I'm just wondering why? What you get out if it if you're not going to be buying/playing the game?

I've seen a few changed their minds on here. That doesn't matter, anyway. If you complain, it's probably very little will be done to address your concerns. If you DON'T complain, nothing will get done. It's like voting. If you don't vote, you really can't complain about the people in charge.

Additionally, I've been working on renders the last few weeks. It takes up to an hour to for the computer to finish, and I like to tab out and to do SOMETHING, anything at all. Were it not for that, I doubt I be here nearly as much.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Candyr277 wrote:
    My oh my how quickly this thread devolved. I am excited to have a new game to play on September 2! I wish the game was out the day before though so I could enjoy it on the holiday but alas, game release days are on Tuesdays in the states.

Haters is not the correct term for the people who keep complaining about TS4. A this point they are more like stalkers. They are pretty much an ex boyfriend or girlfriend that can't/won't move on after the end of a relationship. It's over. They know it is because they in fact ended the relationship after their significant other changed (TS3>TS4). Yet for some weird reason they can't move on and let that other person live their life in peace. They want to stand outside of their window telling them how horrible they are, spamming their Facebook page, and tweeting them all types of obscenities. God forbid they have a new romantic interest (i.e. people who like TS4). They will be run out of town by pyscho ex who can't be like Elsa and "Let it go". Nope. They want to keep stalking their ex until they change back into who they want them to be so they can love them again. :roll:

And people say that those who dislike the game are rude. :shock:

I simply made an analogy and it made you feel uncomfortable because you didn't like what I said.
    "The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    They don't delete them, they just conveniently removed them to ideas and feedback.

I'm still not understanding how that is censorship?

Not to mention the fact that I see plenty of negative posts in this section of the forum that are months old.

It is censorship because there have been many legitimate threads moved there, which have been on topic yet they have removed them from the TS4 section to hide negative opinions.

Also I never said they removed all of the threads, there would be outrage if they did, but they do move an awful lot to I/F. :)

These are EAs forums. It is a publicly held corporation and not a government entity. They can move/remove anything from their forums that they'd like because again these are their forums. If some rando came into your house every single day complaining with no cursed end in sight that they didn't like your new car, or your new hairstyle or some new tattoo you go, you'd kick them out of your house wouldn't you? Maybe after 1-2 visits you'd let it slide but you really wouldn't after that.

These forums are not owed to you or anyone else for that matter. The EULA doesn't not give us rights to their forums. It does give us the license to play their games.

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Candyr277 wrote:
    My oh my how quickly this thread devolved. I am excited to have a new game to play on September 2! I wish the game was out the day before though so I could enjoy it on the holiday but alas, game release days are on Tuesdays in the states.

Haters is not the correct term for the people who keep complaining about TS4. A this point they are more like stalkers. They are pretty much an ex boyfriend or girlfriend that can't/won't move on after the end of a relationship. It's over. They know it is because they in fact ended the relationship after their significant other changed (TS3>TS4). Yet for some weird reason they can't move on and let that other person live their life in peace. They want to stand outside of their window telling them how horrible they are, spamming their Facebook page, and tweeting them all types of obscenities. God forbid they have a new romantic interest (i.e. people who like TS4). They will be run out of town by pyscho ex who can't be like Elsa and "Let it go". Nope. They want to keep stalking their ex until they change back into who they want them to be so they can love them again. :roll:

I simply made an analogy and it made you feel uncomfortable because you didn't like what I said.

'Haters', to me, are more like upset patrons roaming a cheap carnival bazaar. They can see the snake-oil salesmen for what they are, and get upset that the rest of the people are falling for what they feel is rubbish. The get angry that the carnies barking up the sales are trying to insult their intelligence, so they decide to stick around and point out the disingenuous nature of their outlandish claims.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited August 2014
    People have the right to complain and rant about things they dont like. That doesnt make them haters. It doesnt make someone a hater for voicing their opinion.

I cant wait for sept 2nd. I am getting the game. But I still have things I complain about that Im not happy about. But theres still a lot that apeals to me but the whole thing is I just want to try the game and see if its good for myself. But that doesnt mean Im all positive on the game. I still have the right to vent about the lack of things in the game.

And honestly if the rants were all taken down and everything was censored then that would be the downfall of the site because no one wants to be censored.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm getting my game sept 4th :?
    :D
  • Options
    twotones121214twotones121214 Posts: 266 Member
    edited August 2014

I've seen a few changed their minds on here. That doesn't matter, anyway. If you complain, it's probably very little will be done to address your concerns. If you DON'T complain, nothing will get done. It's like voting. If you don't vote, you really can't complain about the people in charge.

Additionally, I've been working on renders the last few weeks. It takes up to an hour to for the computer to finish, and I like to tab out and to do SOMETHING, anything at all. Were it not for that, I doubt I be here nearly as much.

Fair enough. I just honestly wanted an answer :lol: I'm also curious, has EA changed their minds on anything due to customer complaints/concerns? Not trying to be inflammatory I'm just curious. I would love to know. I know they made the Sims an offline instead of online experience, so I guess that is one example. It's a big one though and I can't imagine with the game out in just a few weeks they can do much else. If we're lucky maybe they'll release a (FREE) patch with some of the stuff players want. :)

Edit: I really agree with what Candyr277 is saying. Outside of the Sims games, EA owes you nothing. You don't have to be a member of their forums, and if you do, you have to abide by their rules. I understand a lot of the upset over the Sims 4, but are you really going to start complaining about the forums now? If you hate it that much, get over it and move somewhere else. I can't tell you how many bustling Sims forums there are on the web. Go to MTS or even Tumblr! I mean if you really want to stay here and whine about the forums, go for it, but I see no reason to back you up :lol: Regardless, EA is not censoring these forums. There's is no government conspiracy about shutting up the people who don't like the Sims 4. God. /rant over :P
    tumblr_lxi0ubopEk1qhycbto1_500.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    Not just because I will be playing the sims 4 that night after work, but also because the forums will then require you to own the sims 4 to post, so unless some of the haters buy the game just to post negatively about it the board should be cleaned up by then.

You are in for a surprise, because there will be a lot of people who buy the game and have no idea of all the things that don't meet their expectations. Those will be your new haters.

How can you say that?
    I can easily say that you will absolutely love it.

I can't say that and neither can you.....You know why?
    Cause it's not out yet.

Easy. Statistics.
    Everyone is not going to love it. Some will, some won't.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    NomPlayNomPlay Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think the word 'hater' is a strong one as there are valid reasons why people don't like the game however I will be thankful once people stop telling me that I shouldn't like the game and that I don't have a brain for wanting to buy it V_V
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why can't people just say they're happy to be able to play the game soon? Why must you mention us "haters"? This thread was asking for a fight the minute you mentioned "haters."
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:

I hate to say it but that is exactly what it seems like! xD

They'll end up getting back with their ex too ;D
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    SimChic1 wrote:
    Why can't people just say they're happy to be able to play the game soon? Why must you mention us "haters"? This thread was asking for a fight the minute you mentioned "haters."

Because it's become a war between the two sides of the coin. I've seen many solely positive threads who have been 'hated' on or whatever you call it. People are on the defensive because tension is high.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    NomPlay wrote:
    SimChic1 wrote:

Because it's become a war between the two sides of the coin. I've seen many solely positive threads who have been 'hated' on or whatever you call it. People are on the defensive because tension is high.
    And I've seen solely negative threads for us to rant having been overrun by positives telling us our opinions are wrong :? I just don't get why people can't understand both sides.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Candyr277 wrote:

'Haters', to me, are more like upset patrons roaming a cheap carnival bazaar. They can see the snake-oil salesmen for what they are, and get upset that the rest of the people are falling for what they feel is rubbish. The get angry that the carnies barking up the sales are trying to insult their intelligence, so they decide to stick around and point out the disingenuous nature of their outlandish claims.

Hmmm, but everyone knows that Carnie games are rigged. So why would any "intelligent" person continuously go there at all only to point out something that already been stated countless times? The Carnie will make their money regardless, so the know-it-all patron might want to consider stop wasting their time and directing their energies to more productive things like child trafficking, animal cruelty or some other worthy cause that can make the world a better place.

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Ignore
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't get why a lot of you are asumming your a hater, or that people who are not happy with lack of features are haters. I am sure the OP means those trolls and people who constantly insult EA and them as a business.

Remember, when you assume you make an 'A**' of 'U' and 'ME'
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:

Haha! So now the people who dislike this game, or is disappointed by it, are "psychos" and "stalkers"? And we're like "exes IRL who cannot move on after the end of a relationship"? Wow! :lol: I've definitely heard it ALL now!

Nice comparisons to horrific real-life events. You're a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. :wink:

• Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited August 2014
    It's not that some people don't like the game that bothers me , it's when they act like everyone who buys the sims 4 is a total idiot , and they use names like 'sheep', 'money waster' ,'lunatic' - I have to deal with bullying at my school , I don't want to deal with it on the internet as well.