Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cant wait for sept 2nd!

Not just because I will be playing the sims 4 that night after work, but also because the forums will then require you to own the sims 4 to post, so unless some of the haters buy the game just to post negatively about it the board should be cleaned up by then.

Comments

• Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    We're not "haters." Please stop using that word...
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    some people really need to know the definition of the word "hater" :roll:...people aren't "hating" people are baffled as to why EA decided to pretty much give out a non life simulation game
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ok...? :roll:
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    Not just because I will be playing the sims 4 that night after work, but also because the forums will then require you to own the sims 4 to post, so unless some of the haters buy the game just to post negatively about it the board should be cleaned up by then.

Has this actually been confirmed yet, that you'll need the game in order to post?

Also by cleaned up I assume you mean any negativity about the game will be removed? Ah don't you just love censorship. :roll:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2014
    LOL Save me a seat, I'm just going to grab my popcorns!
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited August 2014
    Pot, meet kettle.
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2014
    Are you sure about that?

That would be awesome. I don't understand all the hate for something that has not even been played. I feel like they are all running around like Chicken Little....instead of yelling "The sky is falling" it's "There are no toddlers" :lol:

I can understand if the game had been played and than were disappointed.

Oh well...

I am excited for Sims 4. :D
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    Also by cleaned up I assume you mean any negativity about the game will be removed? Ah don't you just love censorship. :roll:

If EA were engaging in censorship then all of the negative posts would have been deleted a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

If EA were engaging in censorship then all of the negative posts would have been deleted a long time ago.

They don't delete them, they just conveniently removed them to ideas and feedback.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    some people really need to know the definition of the word "hater" :roll:...people aren't "hating" people are baffled as to why EA decided to pretty much give out a non life simulation game

From the Urban Dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

hater
    A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.

Sounds like what a lot on both sides do to me, so it is quite an appropriate choice of adjectives. Although this is posted in a personal sense, it does apply to how many express their feelings of this game.
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:
    They don't delete them, they just conveniently removed them to ideas and feedback.

I'm still not understanding how that is censorship?

Not to mention the fact that I see plenty of negative posts in this section of the forum that are months old.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why is someone a hater because they feel this game is not worth it is going to cost when it has less in the core as far as basic/core features than it did before in all other three?

I would call that person savvy about their money.

I can't wait for Sept. 2nd, either, because I do want to see what those who went ahead and bought it knowing it was rushed, feel about it after they play it.

Granted their ideas of fun aren't mine. I don't like having to unlock couches. That is what all my questing games are for, though they might give me better gameplay in the rpgness since I can actually 'gain' something to advance my character in those not merely a piece of furniture I like better than all the rest, but locked so I have to unlock it through some silly, mundane chore.

They may love that stuff in The Sims but I don't and I think it became to rpg eee for me the way it is at the moment. That doesn't make me a 'hater' I prefer other genres not take over The Sims sandbox, life simulation games.

ETA: meant to add yes, I want to see what you guys say, and if the AI is really brand new like promised, or if multi tasking makes weird glitches as already reported...if they fixed all that, or if Sims (already reported) still block doors with their musical instruments. Those things were promised not to ever happen in this game if you remember. I will wait it out to see how many report these things still happening next month.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Why is someone a hater because they feel this game is not worth it is going to cost when it has less in the core as far as basic/core features than it did before in all other three?

I thought it was bad enough when people were claiming Sims 4 will have less core features than Sims 3 did at launch but you are saying Sims 4 will have less core features than Sims 1?

Come on :roll:
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    Faith12368 wrote:
    nekobear wrote:

From the Urban Dictionary: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hater

hater
    A person that simply cannot be happy for another person's success. So rather than be happy they make a point of exposing a flaw in that person.

Hating, the result of being a hater, is not exactly jealousy. The hater doesnt really want to be the person he or she hates, rather the hater wants to knock somelse down a notch.

Sounds like what a lot on both sides do to me, so it is quite an appropriate choice of adjectives. Although this is posted in a personal sense, it does apply to how many express their feelings of this game.
    :roll: :roll: :roll: if you really think that we are "hating" go right ahead :lol: but this game is a total hot mess in the end...it's no longer a sims game...and it's people like THIS who call names such as "hater" and then get called a "sheep" for buying it...you pick at people well then tough it out that you get called something back
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:

I thought it was bad enough when people were claiming Sims 4 will have less core features than Sims 3 did at launch but you are saying Sims 4 will have less core features than Sims 1?

Come on :roll:

What do you call no hot tubs and no pools in TS4 when TS1 had them in base? I would consider those core features all the way back to TS1.

What do you call not being able to place vacant lots but have to depend on what has placed by EA all the way back to TS1? I call it TS1 reboot.

I don't know if you did play TS1, but think of it's neighborhood, you can't move those vacant lots and neither can you in TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    kovu0207 wrote:

I'm still not understanding how that is censorship?

Not to mention the fact that I see plenty of negative posts in this section of the forum that are months old.

It is censorship because there have been many legitimate threads moved there, which have been on topic yet they have removed them from the TS4 section to hide negative opinions.

Also I never said they removed all of the threads, there would be outrage if they did, but they do move an awful lot to I/F. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2014

You are in for a surprise, because there will be a lot of people who buy the game and have no idea of all the things that don't meet their expectations. Those will be your new haters.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jacqui72jacqui72 Posts: 101 New Member
    edited August 2014
    ok i have a question what the difference between wanting the game and delaying it ?
    either way if they don't delay it ppl will be tick off and if they delay it the ppl who are looking forward to it will be tick off
    so either way we all can't have what we want in life can we as life would be pity boring
    i just don't get it , yes i peed they no pools , no toddlers , no cars ecct but all of these can be added on
  • Options
    Candyr277Candyr277 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2014
    My oh my how quickly this thread devolved. I am excited to have a new game to play on September 2! I wish the game was out the day before though so I could enjoy it on the holiday but alas, game release days are on Tuesdays in the states.

Haters is not the correct term for the people who keep complaining about TS4. A this point they are more like stalkers. They are pretty much an ex boyfriend or girlfriend that can't/won't move on after the end of a relationship. It's over. They know it is because they in fact ended the relationship after their significant other changed (TS3>TS4). Yet for some weird reason they can't move on and let that other person live their life in peace. They want to stand outside of their window telling them how horrible they are, spamming their Facebook page, and tweeting them all types of obscenities. God forbid they have a new romantic interest (i.e. people who like TS4). They will be run out of town by pyscho ex who can't be like Elsa and "Let it go". Nope. They want to keep stalking their ex until they change back into who they want them to be so they can love them again. :roll:

"The great will not be constrained by the small." - BioShock

Unknown.jpeg

• Options
    cman20102010cman20102010 Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2014
    CK213 wrote:

You are in for a surprise, because there will be a lot of people who buy the game and have no idea of all the things that don't meet their expectations. Those will be your new haters.

I should be clear when I refer to haters, Im not referring to people that have legitimate problems with the game or where the franchise is headed. The Haters Im referring to are the ones that came into any positive thread someone makes about the game and ridicules those who like it many times insulting people who like it and calling them names, I have seen this happen to many threads where someone post something they are excited for in the game then they are insulted and the thread turns into a mess.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Candyr277 wrote:
    My oh my how quickly this thread devolved. I am excited to have a new game to play on September 2! I wish the game was out the day before though so I could enjoy it on the holiday but alas, game release days are on Tuesdays in the states.

Haters is not the correct term for the people who keep complaining about TS4. A this point they are more like stalkers. They are pretty much an ex boyfriend or girlfriend that can't/won't move on after the end of a relationship. It's over. They know it is because they in fact ended the relationship after their significant other changed (TS3>TS4). Yet for some weird reason they can't move on and let that other person live their life in peace. They want to stand outside of their window telling them how horrible they are, spamming their Facebook page, and tweeting them all types of obscenities. God forbid they have a new romantic interest (i.e. people who like TS4). They will be run out of town by pyscho ex who can't be like Elsa and "Let it go". Nope. They want to keep stalking their ex until they change back into who they want them to be so they can love them again. :roll:

And people say that those who dislike the game are rude. :shock:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited August 2014
    CK213 wrote:

How can you say that?
    I can easily say that you will absolutely love it.

I can't say that and neither can you.....You know why?
    Cause it's not out yet.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    What do you call no hot tubs and no pools in TS4 when TS1 had them in base? I would consider those core features all the way back to TS1.

Sims 4 will have emotions, multitasking and your Sim can actually leave his home lot.

I've already listed more features.
    kovu0207 wrote:
    It is censorship because there have been many legitimate threads moved there, which have been on topic yet they have removed them from the TS4 section to hide negative opinions.

Also I never said they removed all of the threads, there would be outrage if they did, but they do move an awful lot to I/F. :)

Ah, it's that old selective/not really censorship that EA is engaging in. Will those monsters stop at nothing? :lol:
  • Options
    animexlifeanimexlife Posts: 36 Member
    edited August 2014
    What I don't get is if you're not haters, then why do you hop into threads made by people who are happy with the game, only to bash the game, possibly even that person, and bring negativity all around. There must be a dozen or more threads started about disliking the game as it is, go to them...leave others alone. :!:
  • Options
    cman20102010cman20102010 Posts: 136 Member
    edited August 2014
    animexlife wrote:
    What I don't get is if you're not haters, then why do you hop into threads made by people who are happy with the game, only to bash the game, possibly even that person, and bring negativity all around. There must be a dozen or more threads started about disliking the game as it is, go to them...leave others alone. :!:

I agree with this.