The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Once and for All: Are You Buying?~~A Neutral Poll~~

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    cord7cord7 Posts: 29 Member
    edited August 2014
    no i'm not buying, there's no toddlers, pools, terrain sculpting, newspapers,no having one building on foundation and another not, every sim is stuck with a smart phone(not everyone has or wants one), the overly small worlds,teens being the same size as adults, and other things i can't think of now
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2014
    Man, I'm so used to saying on the fence because I've been on it for so long. I'm gone for a few weeks and I come back and hear about babies. I guess you could say that was the final straw for me. That's just too long of a list of cons for me, and I really do want to want the game if that makes any since, lol.

I'll try to take a field trip to civilization tomorrow to download the CAS demo but that's probably it for me on the Sims 4, I'll be sticking to 3. I actually got the demo on July 16th but haven't been able to download it because I use my phone's internet sharing in this rural area where we barely have reception and I refuse to wait 38 hours for a download.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    KitKat383838KitKat383838 Posts: 1,405 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm weak that the poll is almost perfectly split between yes and no xD.
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I've pre-ordered and the money I spent wasn't even my own, it was a gift fully paid so... But I'm not as excited as I used to be, the baby news was really disappointing.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not buying it yet -- but if it looks like it's going in a better direction in a year or two, after patches and maybe an EP or so, I might go ahead and pick it up then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,312 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm waiting. :):mrgreen:
    new.png
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2014
    I will not be buying it yet until I see an honest review and if i still don't find it worth the money I will wait for a drop in price. There are things about the game that I really like, like CAS, but there are too many things missing/changed and I believe for the wrong reasons.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nope. I won't be buying TS4 - Ever! I recently saw the video of a baby aging into a child... It physically hurt me to watch it.

Anything that I play this game for had been left out in favour of a bunch of nonsense that I will never use. I also refuse to pay for content that should be in the base game regardless of how 'fleshed out' it may be.

Congrats EA, Maxis - whomever. You have lost at least one customer.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited August 2014
    I voted, Yes btw. Then checked the results. It's neck and neck between those who will purchase and those who won't. Have you calculated the sample size forthe results to be statistically significant?

Did you post your poll elsewhere? Otherwise it's restricted to people that visit the forum and not truly representitive of the population but you should be able to get some good data if the sample size is accurate
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited August 2014
    Been a fan of The Sims games since the first one. So YES I am buying because I want to give them the benefit of the doubt and try it. Hoping and praying I love it like I did the first three the first time I played...

However, based on what they included and took away from the base game will impact my decision to buy EPs. If their first EP is just a way to implement old features into TS4 (new life stages, swimming pools, CASt, etc) then I will be done. Basically--I want to see them be creative with new EPs... not intentionally keep stuff out of the base game just to take advantage of us and milk us later.
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited August 2014
    Wow, currently 46% Buying, 46% Not Buying, and 8% Undecided. =S
  • Options
    Daboogadie2Daboogadie2 Posts: 352 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm not buying it. Nothing against it, just not for me.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    edited August 2014
    With all the things we already know have been removed and/or are missing, the fact so many basic things still aren't in the base game, the small lots and world spaces, I just couldn't really justify spending $70 on this, pre-order cancelled.

Maybe once the game is half price or bundled up with the EP's that should be part of the base game by now I'll give it a second look.
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2014
    yes, I like how u can make them I like how you can do the houses, I like how u can travel to different worlds and remember who you meet and keep them as friends, I like the way they interact with each other. Its nice, I am looking forward to messing around with it.
  • Options
    Porcelain21Porcelain21 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I was on the fence for a while but recently moved over to the not buying group of people. It's not worth the money. Fall and winter are video game release seasons...I've got better games to spend my money on, this year. Sims 4 seems poorly made. I can't justify the price tag, let alone how much extra money it will cost me to buy up-grade features so I can make it half decent. Boo-urns!
  • Options
    Sims3Fan2009Sims3Fan2009 Posts: 266 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm buying the Sims 4, I already pre-ordered the game last year when I found out about it. I'm excited about the building features and that I can finally have mixed race children not look oddly shaped for my generations of Sims. I love that they are making the sliders easier to use and that we can customize what Sims look like with posture and butt sliders. I never really cared for dealing with the toddler sims so to me it's not really a big problem and a welcomed change for the gameplay.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2014
    *IF* this is any indication of the overall fanbase than just those who took this poll. Then it would depict that the direction of TS4 have ALIENATED half or more than half the player base because some missing and/or altered key components in TS4 base game shatters enough different play styles. (I have no idea how EA could think TS4 could be more successful "without" half or more than half the fans. Newcomers to this series, I would imagine, would not make up for all the lost long-time but no longer loyal fans. But who knows, they claimed to have researched so let's see within seven to ten days of September 2nd what the results would be compared to TS2 and TS3.)

I voted...

NO
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2014
    Ultimately I will be buying but I'm not sure when though. It's true I'd prefer the game was delayed again so that it could be possibly improved but I still am interested in getting it eventually.
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited August 2014
    No. I might pick it up a off ebay sometime when it's $10.00.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg