Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

From the coming Friday the forums will be READ ONLY!! Is EA throwing the bomb?

Comments

• Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    lets not forget losing or purchuse history for or sims3 store content

I hope not .

I hope not either i hope the sims3 store and content are still here.There is alot of store stuff that i want.I hope it is not a sad day for us. :cry:
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    the only bomb EA need's to drop is a delay! nuff said! & before I get my head chopped off by others even for me who was excited about the game and even had it pre ordered (not anymore) has to draw the line at some point and realize too much has been lost in this game...to me it's no longer a life simulation...just sims with emotions :roll:...anyway most likely they are cleaning the forums & updating whatever need's to be updated smh
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope our bookmarks don't go. I have a lot of helpful and fun ones saved. Also I hope they add a Sims 2 forum since we now have the ultimate edition.

That would really be nice to have a TS2 section. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    lilhunny wrote:
    theyre trying to get u nerds to go outside

:mrgreen: Yes, step away from the pc. I have a bad habit of walking away and still being logged in while I am outside for a couple of hours. Then people say to me, 'omg, Cinebar! you are here all the time'. Not really it may be hours before I actually come back from outside. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2014
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    edited August 2014
    So....let's drop a bomb on them. 30 minutes before the forums go "read only" everyone start a thread listing at least one of the horrors being unloaded on us. Let's try to have at least 4 pages of nothing but what is missing, the fact that it's nothing but an iPad game, etc. Let's give those that only come here on the weekends something REAL to read!
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2014
    Just to be on the safe side (this is EA people) back up your store content and purchases.

So to continue....is this site gonna become consolidated you think. Cause lets think back.....we could register on the Ts3 site a month before it was launched (some of us even got to post before it even went live....so does this mean we not getting a separate Ts4 site?

So the deleting our current avatars... so we still get our same usernames? So we don't get to register our new base game on a new site and get to choose a new user name?

Interesting...so I will be stuck with my current user name?

????
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited August 2014
    Haiden wrote:
    Just to be on the safe side (this is EA people) back up your store content and purchases.

So to continue....is this site gonna become consolidated you think. Cause lets think back.....we could register on the Ts3 site a month before it was launched (some of us even got to post before it even went live....so does this mean we not getting a separate Ts4 site?

So the deleting our current avatars... so we still get our same usernames? So we don't get to register our new base game on a new site and get to choose a new user name?

????
    I think the s4 should have a site of it's own or they can't even do that right? :? I mean this is s3's D; I don't think putting s3 & 4 together is much of a good idea...some people who are playing s4 probably want to have a fresh acct and new name
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited August 2014
    Halimali1980,

Making the forums read only won't do them any good, especially since most likely it will only be for a few days. People will still hear about them leaving stuff out of the game, and they're still get angry if they they're going to get angry. Than when the forums are back up, people will post angry rants on the forum. Also anyone who would not buy the game over it, will still end up canceling their pre-order.

If they had been really smart they would have chosen a later release date to begin with. If they only had couple more months they might even have been able to keep toddlers in the game. If they had just chosen November 2 instead of September 2 as the release date, they might have been able to include more stuff that people had expected in the game.

Don't bother demanding that they delay the game through, once they've decided to make the cuts, its pretty much too late.
  • Options
    HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited August 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    Haiden wrote:

????
    I think the s4 should have a site of it's own or they can't even do that right? :? I mean this is s3's D; I don't think putting s3 & 4 together is much of a good idea...some people who are playing s4 probably want to have a fresh acct and new name

Well that's what I thought. I imagined "The Sims.com" would be renamed "The Sims4.com" and the would have a new forum instead of it linking back to this one. It might still happen...but who know lol
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    I hope it's just to fix the forums. I don't think I have ever spent this much time with Liam.

I'm also really tired of the threads flashing when I read them. Seems to be worse when there are multiple images and gifs. Won't stop me from posting them, though!
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    I want to keep my avatar an one way or anouther i will have it.They are telling me i can not keep what i made? well tuff for them they can not tell me which avatar to use it is my right.
  • Options
    princesstunechiprincesstunechi Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    pfff if it's something bad I'm definitely not sticking around for the phenomenal ***** war of the simmers
  • Options
    princesstunechiprincesstunechi Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2014
    I think that if they are going to drop a bomb, its probably going to be erasing the negative forums that have caused some trouble
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited August 2014
    nekobear wrote:

Frankly I don't think they care. We will be assimilated, or be eliminated. That is my conviction, that is my belief.

What is going to happen though is...
    sticker,375x360.png

Dasvidaniya,

Comrade Krammy
  • Options
    s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    edited August 2014
    They are probably going to say they made it online after all. Wouldn't surprise me, this thing is already a derailed train wreck and it hasn't even left the station!
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    s_stutler wrote:
    They are probably going to say they made it online after all. Wouldn't surprise me, this thing is already a derailed train wreck and it hasn't even left the station!

Reading about the planned achievement system (kept track of through Origin), sounds like you'll already have to be online and connected to Origin in order to get credit for any achievements you complete. They said back when they put the badges up on the My Pages that you'd be able to earn progress even when playing offline, then things would update when you go online...well, that never worked for me. :hunf:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2014
    pfff if it's something bad I'm definitely not sticking around for the phenomenal ***** war of the simmers

I'll stick around -- but might want to pick up some popcorn... :mrgreen:

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    I want to keep my avatar an one way or anouther i will have it.They are telling me i can not keep what i made? well tuff for them they can not tell me which avatar to use it is my right.

No, all our avatars will be blank afterwards we just need to re add them.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    edited August 2014
    Its because thy are turning the forum into a facebook style forum, to match their new facebook style game.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited August 2014
    Its because thy are turning the forum into a facebook style forum, to match their new facebook style game.

:cry:
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    peoplespartypeoplesparty Posts: 250 Member
    edited August 2014
    I cant Re-Add mine Because I Uninstalled The Sims 3
    635811694122995745-1577902652_halloweenpumpkinhead.gif

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just hope this means we get the demo so we can make Sims 4 style avatars, else it will be yet another kick in the teeth for those of us who have no demo. As for the layout, I hope it stays looking like this.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    Hopefully they clear all the ranting posts whilst they are at it so we can read something decent
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    Hopefully they clear all the ranting posts whilst they are at it so we can read something decent

Why should they censor the forum? Those ranting have as much right to post as those who like the game, providing they stay within the forum rules.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg