Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Forums will be read only from Friday.

Hi guys. Thought I'd let you know if you haven't heard already.
They're updating the forums to include more ts4 sections or something.

Info here:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768170.page

The forums will be read only from Friday for several days.

Not sure how the mypages or the store will be affected but some contests here that are closing soon or require frequent posting on will be affected by this.

Just a heads up for people here who have things ending in a few days...

Comments

• Options
    RosieFluxxRosieFluxx Posts: 1,342 Member
    edited August 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

But how will we survive without the forum for days?!

Oh gosh... panicking already!

True forum addiction right here haha

Thank you for the heads up Rockley! x
    dec7bd7e-5d9d-47af-8ab4-5d5e68212e68_zps1731c338.jpg
  • Options
    RockleyfamilyRockleyfamily Posts: 5,730 Member
    edited August 2014
    I know. It's gonna be so lonely. On the other hand I'll probably get loads of work done cos I won't be able to procrasrinate here.
  • Options
    MarvelissaMarvelissa Posts: 9,456 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't believe they'd pull this with two days' notice.
    ... oh wait, yes I can believe it. It's EA. Sucks though.

I might be able to get some stuff done but yeah it'll be so lonely! >.<
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Mafia Stats:
    Games Played: 59 | Wins: 31 | Losses: 27 | Draws: 1
    Scum: 14 | Town: 40 | Third: 5
    Scum Wins: 5 | Town Wins: 25 | Third Party Wins: 1
    Alive: 18 | Nightkilled: 16 | Lynched: 18 | Endgamed: 3 | Other: 5
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Not only with two days notice, but the day after the final set has been released in the store. :( Won't be able to share pics or talk about it or anything for ages after it's released. :(
  • Options
    Starburst_SimsStarburst_Sims Posts: 19 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Oh :(
    Well thank you for the heads up...that kinda sucks though. At least it won't be completely dead, I mean they're revamping it for TS4 so that's good I guess.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited August 2014
    read only... for days?!? are they crazy?
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    and it is just on flash mob day too!!!!
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    also where did you get this info? it sounds like it isn't true, as it would be more than normal stupide
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/768170.page
    Here is the announcement ^

And yes, they are crazy. And have awful timing, doing this on FM day. :(

Why the heck do they think it's acceptable to have the forums read-only for SEVERAL DAYS and announce it only two days in advance? EA pulls the stupidest stuff sometimes.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    wow

and it is in the morning on the 8

how many days is several days? I like to know that EA... and Hydra don't even say that or let us post questions.....

thats the most STUPIDE timing ever EA (and they not known to make good timing

added to that, that they didn't do any proper info (like top of all my pages) or email for important things like this... a few hours and this type of warning... not fun... but several days and this warning... NOT OK

any way thank you for the warning

I do not like that they force me to get a new avatar...
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    Well this is terrible for everyone ele, but for me it has worked out kind of well. I go away on Saturday for a week and I won't have internet access, which means I wouldn't be able to get on the forums anyway. :)

I hope that it doesn't cause too many issues for everyone else and flashmob.

I would assume it will be down for at least the weekend.

Thank for letting us know Rockley.

Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    what I don't like about this

a) it is flash mob day (they couldn't know)
    b) Several days over a weekend!
    c) Hardly any warning unless you just happen to see it in the forum
    d) Not letting CS know (Danish CS said it wasn’t true), and any way only telling in 1 post in GD, not on our walls.
    e) Just a few hours (less than 24) after releasing the last set
    f) Deleting our avatars, what’s that about?!?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    The short and inconspicuous notice is what really gets me. For example... perhaps they couldn't have known it was flash mob day, or even just not cared, sure, but they could've given us more notice and FM could have planned for it.
    I don't know what I'll do about FM. My time to post a gift would be about 12 hours after this starts. I'd want to just post my gift early, except my gifts are not done (working on them now) and I was planning on using on those last few hours to put on the finishing touches and get them ready to post. >-<

I took the avatars thing as "you will have to set your avatars again, they will be defaulted." I don't know though.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    The short and inconspicuous notice is what really gets me. For example... perhaps they couldn't have known it was flash mob day, or even just not cared, sure, but they could've given us more notice and FM could have planned for it.
    I don't know what I'll do about FM. My time to post a gift would be about 12 hours after this starts. I'd want to just post my gift early, except my gifts are not done (working on them now) and I was planning on using on those last few hours to put on the finishing touches and get them ready to post. >-<

I took the avatars thing as "you will have to set your avatars again, they will be defaulted." I don't know though.

If the my page qork and you can post on the mob victems page... you can post there... and yes don't think they know
    as we have no end of maintain date... postponing FM is hard... going early I don't see as an option
    but they do know about new releas fromt he store!

yup the info level is what gets me to... :evil: really gets me... not even danish CS knew....!!!! they said Rockly was makeign a joke and it wasn't true... now they pokeing the tech guys and informing them better info is a MUST :twisted:

even the have to set avatar again will = I loos some of my avi as we can no longer put a badged on our avi.... I just saved the pictures might need to learn the other picture on uploade thing... or just use her with out badged (I checked she is still in my studio).... they better not mess witht he studios....
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think we might have to upload pictures to use as our avies, instead of using sims we uploaded to the exchange. At least on the forums. It might continue to be sims on the My Pages. That's just my guess though.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I think we might have to upload pictures to use as our avies, instead of using sims we uploaded to the exchange. At least on the forums. It might continue to be sims on the My Pages. That's just my guess though.

if thats the change.... well then I'm saved... and can keep my avi... sort of
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'd find having to upload pictures for avvies pretty irksome, personally. :? I hope that's not what they're doing.

Really I'm just annoyed with this whole thing. >-<
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for posting the link marvelissa, I'll put it in the op to make it easier for people to find.

anette I don't like the avi thing either, I still have the lil badge thing in the corner that you used to be able to put on with the old mypages, same as you. I don't want to change my avi I like my avi, I'll be furious if it has to be a ts4 sim. I don't mind the picture thing, that could be fun, I'd prefer normal sim avi's though.

I can't believe CS didn't know, like what if the forums were down and people were contacting them about why, it's mad!
  • Options
    sunsetsorbetsunsetsorbet Posts: 3,171 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks for posting the link marvelissa, I'll put it in the op to make it easier for people to find.

anette I don't like the avi thing either, I still have the lil badge thing in the corner that you used to be able to put on with the old mypages, same as you. I don't want to change my avi I like my avi, I'll be furious if it has to be a ts4 sim. I don't mind the picture thing, that could be fun, I'd prefer normal sim avi's though.

I can't believe CS didn't know, like what if the forums were down and people were contacting them about why, it's mad!

They haven't said anything about the avies on our My Pages changing. Just right click -> view image, and use that if you need an image file. You can keep your same with avi with the badge that way.

But I really don't know what they're doing with our avies. That was just my guess.
    My SimblrMy ShowcaseMy StudioMy Page
    tumblr_inline_ncxfq7fK9U1t2rf78.png
    (no ts3 wishlist, because I own the store)
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited August 2014
    :O
    The only thing that I am hopeful, and excited, for is that they are finally listening to our pleas and keeping the website up and combining it with TS4. This could mean that we won't have to say goodbye to each other. And if they aren't combining the forums, well, maybe this means we have a chance later. D:
    Anyways, the reason why I think it's a combination is because it's taking several days, and they said create a new avatar, not upload. :wink:
    Also, for those of you who don't want to lose your current avi, just take a screenshot/save image of it and upload it when the time comes. If no one knows how I guess I'll make a guide for everyone.
    For those of you who have custom avi's, just make sure you have a backup photo in your system so you can just upload it again without the sims. ^-^
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That's an interesting thought. I actually wouldn't mind too much if they made the TS3/TS4 forums combined, I think, as long as it doesn't affect the TS3 Store or anything. I've been dreading the time when people start switching; I'm not switching and don't want to have to say goodbye to my friends :(

And I was thinking similarly about the avvies; I need to screenshot mine or something.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014

I have saved the picture... but don't know how to use that type of custum avi... where you use a custum picture...

I prefere a sim 3 avi also (I really don't want a sim4 avi)

I gues you all right if they combining the forums we get to stay toghtere and that be nice....
    I just want them to give more INFO... and BETTER info
    the CS decided to say follow on FB... I don't do FB do to abusive ex... I get the FB info from otheres on the forum... can't get that if they can't post.... oh if any one see important info about the forum... on FB during down time... could I then get you to post to me on my wall (if that is working)? Thank you

yea the fact that CS didn't know is very bad.....
    lucky he is in the same room as those doing this... he say they be working 12 hours shifts from friday and over the weekend.... and now he would go poke them and tell they did bad in informing :mrgreen:
    (I called 2 times just to tell them get a grab... as first time I didn't have the link)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:
    That's an interesting thought. I actually wouldn't mind too much if they made the TS3/TS4 forums combined, I think, as long as it doesn't affect the TS3 Store or anything. I've been dreading the time when people start switching; I'm not switching and don't want to have to say goodbye to my friends :(

And I was thinking similarly about the avvies; I need to screenshot mine or something.

adding more forums = ok

combining any forums (maybe exsept the stuffpack forums) NOT ok
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I didn't mean combining any existing forums. I hope they don't do that; that would not be good. By "combined" I just meant having the TS3 and TS4 ones on the same site, if that wasn't clear.

I second your wanting info. They're not telling us much about this downtime. I dislike being kept in the dark like this.
    Mafia Stats:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Marvelissa wrote:

I second your wanting info. They're not telling us much about this downtime. I dislike being kept in the dark like this.

it is just unprofesionel

some people speculat they want to combine sims3 forums... like all 4 store forums... I truly hope not