Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why You Should Buy TS4.

14655906980_6f73ef71e0_o.png

Who could resist a chair of that size?

Comments

• Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited August 2014
    Why would that make me want to buy TS4?
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited August 2014
    LGR would love that.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    LGR would love that.

:lol::lol:
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'm already pre-ordering the Sims 4, since I just got pushed that way from the information from the Simmers that went to Creators Camp. I heard you could make a teddy bear that size, and have a sim carry it around and it would look like godzilla or something :lol:
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    LGR would love that.

:lol:

I thought of that when I saw the picture.
    I'm already pre-ordering the Sims 4, since I just got pushed that way from the information from the Simmers that went to Creators Camp. I heard you could make a teddy bear that size, and have a sim carry it around and it would look like godzilla or something :lol:

Yeah, letting us scale items was a pretty neat feature. You can even take a toy car and scale it up so it looks like a real car. It's better than nothing, I guess. :lol:
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Yep, a chair this size is necessary. This is what we should focus on. Who needs the 70 things cuts from the game so far when we have giganto-chair? Maybe the big chair symbolizes a big as s, which is what I would feel like if I ordered this game.
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

This is a good example of why I wouldn't be buying it. Wasted time on being able to increase the sizes of objects in the game for weirder story pictures instead of an actual game for PC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited August 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

This is a good example of why I wouldn't be buying it. Wasted time on being able to increase the sizes of objects in the game for weirder story pictures instead of an actual game for PC.

Like she said it is a wast after cutting about 65 stuff out of the game.Or should it be oh wow i can make my sims that big for no reson what a joke.
  • Options
    JazminAdoreJazminAdore Posts: 1,434 Member
    edited August 2014
    This is actually one of my favorite things about the game. It makes me want to recreate The Big Comfy Couch.
    hqdefault.jpg Sorry the pic is so blurry
    1238765_10201357648636928_204929354_n.jpg
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    That chair is so much better than life stages or anyrhong useful in game. You got me, I need giant chairs :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    edited August 2014

Yes, you could do that ... but why would you want to.

In all seriousness ... I guess that is how they made the stuffed animals in the kids room. I wonder if the dollhouse is actually then a big dollhouse or was it a smaller one that was enlarged.

Though, I can see how to torment sims with this. I wonder if you made the toilet that big if the sim would still be able to use it.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2014
    Sk8rblaze wrote:

Yep, a chair this size is necessary. This is what we should focus on. Who needs the 70 things cuts from the game so far when we have giganto-chair?

There you go -- that's the spirit! :lol:
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    It is pictures like this that make me tempted to try to create an Alice in Wonderland themed town in TS4. :lol:
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited August 2014
    If anything, that picture & the ability to super-size random items confirms Sims 4 is geared toward younger players. Just my opinion.

That is something I'd expect to see in LegoLand.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited August 2014
    There is a cheat to make things bigger:
    Pressing Shift + ] – Increases the size of objects

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-cheats-hot-keys-controls-list/#more-39719 (last cheat)
  • Options
    Porcelain21Porcelain21 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited August 2014
    That might have been kind of cool if we were able to make the sims, themselves, larger too. But we can't because poor, broke EA who charges so little for everything doesn't have the funds to animate dumb things like sims of differing height. :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,871 Member
    edited August 2014
    mikmaker wrote:
    There is a cheat to make things bigger:
    Pressing Shift + ] – Increases the size of objects

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/04/the-sims-4-cheats-hot-keys-controls-list/#more-39719 (last cheat)

Can you use it on the village that they are passing off as a world?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited August 2014
    My question is: How were they able to allow this for objects but not sims?

The reasoning behind having Sims all the same height is to avoid having to code all of the animations for all the different heights of sims. Wouldn't they have to code all the animations for different sizes of objects? For example, the dollhouse. The dollhouse is an interactive object in the game, so doesn't it make sense that they would have to code the animations for each size that the dollhouse can be?

Why is this more feasible for objects than sims?
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    Because they didn't code new animations for larger sized objects. The sims interact with them as if they were the initial size. I think it's mostly for decorations, although they may not have limited it to just decoration items. If someone wants a painting on their wall, they can make it bigger to fit in the space they have, etc. Yes, some people will think it's fun to take things to extremes, but it really does have a much more practical use.
  • Options
    Porcelain21Porcelain21 Posts: 111 New Member
    edited August 2014
    My question is: How were they able to allow this for objects but not sims?

The reasoning behind having Sims all the same height is to avoid having to code all of the animations for all the different heights of sims. Wouldn't they have to code all the animations for different sizes of objects? For example, the dollhouse. The dollhouse is an interactive object in the game, so doesn't it make sense that they would have to code the animations for each size that the dollhouse can be?

Why is this more feasible for objects than sims?

If, hypothetically, the dollhouse is re-sized and not just a larger object in this game...wouldn't they have to code scaled animations for the smashing sequence?
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2014
    Okay, now this is dumb. I heard that we'd be able to change the size of objects, but not this this extent.

Seems like EA's having a blast getting rid of over 70 staple features and adding in the stupid things that nobody asked for! :roll:
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2014
    While making something that large does border on the ridiculous, it could come in handy if someone is designing a community venue and wants to create a street sign (like the giant donut in the Simpson's TV show). So, as they had put the feature in the game, why limit what people could do with it?
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    Would this work for the baby object? Or crib? :-o
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    This is actually one of my favorite things about the game. It makes me want to recreate The Big Comfy Couch.
    hqdefault.jpg Sorry the pic is so blurry

As much as I love story telling for my own entertainment and in the past sharing those stories with people, I need gameplay not bigger stuff.

I can see how I would like to make a Hobbit video or something (I have done a lot of medieval and LTOR things for my games and videos) but that stuff isn't all I do in these games. I don't just tell stories and share with others. I 'need' gameplay. And this is just something I think could have been saved for later and charge a high fee to get instead of charging me a higher fee for things we could always do in the bases, like go swimming at a pool in a desert town. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.