Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New and different careers for Sims 4

More careers would be great. Advertising is my biggest wish for this. There are so many stages that could be used. Freelancer, copywriter, social media marketer, art director, account manager, ect. ect. The Sims could even choose if they want to follow the artistic side of the career or the client side of it.

What careers would you love to see in The Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited May 2013
    Modelling, nurse, vet, administrater/receptionist, maybe have teens get part time jobs like lawnmowing, throwing newspapers, working at a burger joint, life saver(if not for teens in IP), then back to adult careers-baristas, work at the cinemas as behind the food and ticket counter, Papparazzi(lol)dog walker, landlord, maid/butler, plane pilot. Theres heaps og careers Maxis and EA havent touched on yet, hopefully there will be different types in Sims 4. :-)
  • Options
    VanillaPepper_VanillaPepper_ Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2013
    Hmmm, no one else has any ideas?

How about a Veterinarian career path or different types of teachers (English, math, science and so on)

Is there anything you guys think they could do to spruce up the current careers?
  • Options
    VanillaPepper_VanillaPepper_ Posts: 83 Member
    edited May 2013
    Whitneysim wrote:
    Modelling, nurse, vet, administrater/receptionist, maybe have teens get part time jobs like lawnmowing, throwing newspapers, working at a burger joint, life saver(if not for teens in IP), then back to adult careers-baristas, work at the cinemas as behind the food and ticket counter, Papparazzi(lol)dog walker, landlord, maid/butler, plane pilot. Theres heaps og careers Maxis and EA havent touched on yet, hopefully there will be different types in Sims 4. :-)

Ohh modelling, pilot and paparazzi would be interesting! I like the teen career ideas too. There should definitely be fast food restaurants. That could be a career path too. work from crew up to owner. Great ideas!
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's already been said..... but I NEED a veterinarian career! It's a must this time around! I'm really tired of having to go through the medicine route and work on humans (no offense). I'm in school in RL to become a veterinarian, I want my sim to reflect this.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    edited May 2013
    Librarian-work up from being a restocking library books to Head Librarian, Mailman-work up from sorting mail to Post Master, World Renowned Dancer-work up from stumbling newbie to world class Ball Room Dancer, Comic Book Writer-work up from doodler to World Renowned Comic Book Writer.

Since I'm taking a guess that the careers that will come with the base game will be the same base careers in 3, it would be nice if they could add away for them to be more interactive. Like how the Medical Career in 2 has you going out and giving immunization shots to sims.
  • Options
    NC4DMNC4DM Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see some of these careers

- Lawyers
    - Type of trades
    - Dancer
    - Pharmacist
    - Psychologist
    - Nurse

But a stand alone type job so you don't get promoted and no longer be in it like in Sims 2 you can sorta be a nurse but then you will change and be promoted to a Doctor, which is okay but I would like to opition to stay in the same position and just get a pay raise instead.
  • Options
    luckycrth91luckycrth91 Posts: 91 Member
    edited May 2013
    Chores and careers. Break it down to something like this:

Children and Teen Sims (chores):

- raking a yard
    - taking out the trash
    - cleaning the toilet
    - vacuuming/sweeping/mopping
    - mowing lawns
    - cleaning their room
    - picking up their toys

Teens (entry level jobs):

TS3 had some of these making sense, like receptionist jobs and grocery baggers...but I'd like to see things like:

- flipping burgers
    - waiting tables
    - cashiers

And for YA/AD/ELD Sims:

Well, anything that can be thought of requiring a degree, and/or requiring a high school diploma.

On a side note: I think there should be children/teen programs! (Like scouting and whatnot).
  • Options
    germangirl16germangirl16 Posts: 339 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Car dealer,
    management for any company,
    Pool boy/girl,
    Real Estate,
    Garbage man
    Cable guy
    Pizza delivery
    Lawyer
    Marine Biologist
    Photographer (with a studio)
    Weather man or woman
    Farmer
    Professional dancer
    College professor
    Counselor
    Masseuse
    Therapist
    Priest
    Mailman
    Judge
    Security
    Janitor
    Fashion Designer
    Telemarketer
    Banker
    Drivers Ed teacher
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    Some great ideas here. I think it should ultimately include every career option from the previous incarnations, as well as some that you can follow as per Ambitions, as well as the Self-Employed ones.

I really miss a few of the Sims 2 careers.

I would love some jobs/job levels to be only accessible after a University degree.

Additionally, how about some more "normal" jobs i.e. more variety in offices, shop jobs etc and the ability to make it so that a sim can be frozen on a current level if the player wishes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Bg55642Bg55642 Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would like to see Real Estate, Construction, and more Home Businesses. It would be nice if there were more career paths to choose from when the careers "split" after a certain promotion. Like if you were in the Medical field, after promotion #5, you could choose to be a Child Doctor, Veterinary, Brain Surgeon or run a hospital. :-)
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited May 2013
    Same careers from Sims 1 to 3, and also some new ones. :)
  • Options
    indyChickindyChick Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd like to see internships.

Lawyer, judge, balif, paralegal

Specialized Medicine: General Practitioner, Pediatrition, Nurse, Sports Medicine, OB/GYN, etc.

Specialized sports professions--soccer/football, baseball, basketball, American football, hockey.

Maybe a Build-A-Career feature.

Definitely careers that require a degree.

• Options
    XVampireMariahxXVampireMariahx Posts: 43 Member
    edited May 2013
    A babysitter job for Teens would be nice.
  • Options
    cb4dogscb4dogs Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    I agree I think there should be modeling ! My personal opinions for jobs are being a Cosmetologist , Maid / or butler , Professor , Psychiatrist , Dancer , Landlord , Mailman , Taxi driver , Pilot , Video Game Designer ( there could be different branches for that ) , Vet , Nurse , Chiropractor , Body Guard ( maybe for like famous people ) , Librarian , Nutritionist , Construction Worker . Idk these are just ideas that popped into my head but I think there should be a thing where a sim can Volunteer like at a Soup Kitchen or at a nursing home or some thing like that .

For Teens I think they should be able to make like their own mini businesses for example :
    Dog sitting ( or any pet )
    Babysitting
    Etc .

• Options
    sparkosparko Posts: 460 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I love all the ideas here, I was saying on another threat how I wanted a bigger range of careers.

I wish sims were able to have NPC jobs like Maids and Babysitters too!

Also, as a foreign Language student, it would be nice if they added a sort of... 'translator' job on International relations job with an expansion pack similar to WA. It wouldn't be an ambitions style job but i would just like to have my sim hold the title... be cool if Languages learning was a skill and you could get books with it too (I don't expect this from the base game but maybe in a WA style EP)
  • Options
    JustLiz87JustLiz87 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    Some careers that would be cool to see...

Lawyer
    Veterinarian
    Engineer
    Nurse
    IT

Ambitions careers like in TS3 - stylist, firefighter, etc.

OFB careers like in TS2 - various shop owners and various shop options, ability to run restaurants, maybe add capability to run other venues (use ticket machine like in TS3)

Daycare career like in TS3, but ability to drop your kids off with another daycare provider - this would be cool and a great alternative to babysitters

I like the idea of different teen jobs.

I also love the idea of an advertising career!
  • Options
    griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'd like to see the options to be a therapist, lawyer, vet (in the pets expansion), and farmer. I'd also like to see more low-wage jobs.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited September 2013
    NC4DM wrote:
    I would like to see some of these careers

- Lawyers
    - Type of trades
    - Dancer
    - Pharmacist
    - Psychologist
    - Nurse

But a stand alone type job so you don't get promoted and no longer be in it like in Sims 2 you can sorta be a nurse but then you will change and be promoted to a Doctor, which is okay but I would like to opition to stay in the same position and just get a pay raise instead.

That would be great. Most teachers (for instance) don't get promoted up to administration but they do get raises for experience and for getting more college credits. I'd like to see that in-game, too.
  • Options
    1van_der_vaart231van_der_vaart23 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2013
    I want to see at least some of the following careers in The Sims 4 - some of them were already posted and I think they are a great idea and they would be a nice addition to the game:

~ Footballer (soccer player),
    ~ Car dealer,
    ~ Real Estate,
    ~ Garbage man
    ~ Lawyer
    ~ Farmer
    ~ Security guard
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - FOOTBALLER WITH THE BEST TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD.
    skill.gif RAFA YOU'RE THE BEST!
  • Options
    badler22badler22 Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    careers I would like to see in the sims 4 are below. Many were in previous sims games

business, law-(judge, lawyer), law enforcement, film-(actor, director, animation, papparazi), agent-(acting, sports), politics, science, military, criminal, athletic, culinary, education, journalism, hacker, magic, music, day care, pilot, fashion- (designer, model), medicine- (nuerology,cardiology,physcology, dental), real estate, car (racecar driver, car dealer), accounting, engineering, astronomy, social networking

I think having a prison career would be fairly nice too. Criminals would have somewhere to go. It could be anything from inmate to warden. I think I covered every major career I can think of. I have no idea how careers will work in the sims 4 but I know people are workin hard to make it a great game. I hope the people there will consider what I've wrote.
  • Options
    BBadictBBadict Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    What I would do (and one of a million reasons EA/Maxis would never listen to or hire me to work for them :lol: ) is take all the career paths from TS1 through 3 and put them in! Not all at once because that could be messy! Like for the superstar/celebrity expansion include TS1 fashion career or maybe the stylist career from TS3. Start out with the basics and gradually add as expansions or stuff packs see fit.
  • Options
    anneatanneat Posts: 4 New Member
    There should be ballroom dances or even like imvu where you get spots to put in for different dances that will be cool and airports and other world's abroad I also think it should be like social media sites where u have other people you can talk to.
  • Options
    anneatanneat Posts: 4 New Member
    Different careers will be really good I love books and I like writing them as well and would like to sell them in sims4 as a lbarian career would be good but there is so much more ea can do with sims4 I like the idea of having kids do chores and have teaching careers at a school and being naughty as kids do.
    From primary school to secondary would be interesting to see
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    A babysitter job for Teens would be nice.

they do have this one now
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    I would like to have a good old doctor and police man career like it was in the other sim games without "get to work" style..to let them go alone to work, and advance..