Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New and different careers for Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    I love all the ideas so far. I'd like to see beauty therapy, make up, nail tech, hair dresser etc. I'd also like to be able to own/run a spa and have spa related jobs like yoga instructor, massuese etc.
  • Options
    belenesfelsbelenesfels Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like an acting/directing career. Going to auditions, filming on different sets, doing promotions, photoshoots, attending award ceremonies, and having paparazzis and a celebrity system like in sims 3. I've always wanted to have that for my celebrity sims. Otherwise I see no point in playing them.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Plummy part time jobs for adults (fast food/retail etc) as well as part-time versions of some of the careers (business admin etc). Not everyone has good jobs and is well-off.

Combined regular/active careers/professions, where you can choose to do the daily grind rabbithole on it's own, but also have active opportunities/events that take you out into the community venues or sims homes to complete tasks for bonus pay/rewards.

E.G: Like getting called to work as bar staff at a party (either while at work, or by a friend hosting an event). You have to make the drinks people ask for (speech bubble with drink picture - like figuring out what meal to order for your date in TS2:NL). You would have to learn the icons and your ability to meet requests would improve as you learn more drinks.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    Would really love a teacher!
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    TuiamaiTuiamai Posts: 49 Member
    Military career (no active!). And a teacher, a vet - may be a taxi/bus driver =). No active-police and doctor. Lawyer.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    I would like to see lawyers; politicians; firefighters, even if we never see them in action. There are many jobs out there in RL. Since most of the careers are rabbit holes, seems there's a whole avenue left unexplored.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    knt1229knt1229 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Personally, I think all the careers are boring. I liked the detective career at first, but, it became repetitive and boring real quick. The rabbit hole careers are also dull. I like the occasional pop up you get where you have to make a choice that will effect your sims performance, though.
  • Options
    Stephy1231Stephy1231 Posts: 21 Member
    I would love a fashion career and teacher sounds nice too!
  • Options
    InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    idk maybe a landlord
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Animator would be cool, with a 3D-CGI branch and a Cel Animation branch... ;)
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Plastic Surgeon
    Assassin
    Dancer
    Actor/Actress
  • Options
    shionnyashionnya Posts: 44 Member
    I would love modelling and lawyer!
    design, architect, archaeologist, tourism career, vet, etc
  • Options
    panther718panther718 Posts: 30 New Member
    I want a repairman career!
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    - A career that involves handiness and mechanic would be nice- you could start as a mechanic that goes to repair stuff and end up in something like an engineer or something...
    - Education
    - Politician
    - Gardener or Biologist. Something plant related that could use gardening skill and plants.
  • Options
    POLLYANNA2POLLYANNA2 Posts: 172 Member
    Teacher - You can be primary if you have level 2 in at least 4 skills and can only teach high school if you have level 5 or 6 in two skills
    Childcare Worker (even cooler if this was an active career and we had toddlers)
    Lawyer (can either be a prosecutor or a defense attorney or corrupt and become friends with all the criminals in town.
    Plumber/Carpenter, Hairdresser - we need more blue collar jobs
    Politician! - I miss campaign fundraisers and asking for donations. I would also like Politician to loose their jobs if they are caught doing questionable activities like cheating on spouse.
    Farmer - working to owning your own farm
    A more fleshed out Journalism branch, I don't like how it's been combined with writing. Also I would like the option to go print or television. It would also be cool to be able to send them "undercover" like, back to highschool or more to another town until they get a juicy story.
    Librarian - where you have to read and tutor other sims. You might also be responsible for getting more people to go to your library. Build it up kind of like the resorts in Sims 3 IP
    Body Guard - This would be a cool active career if you follow a certain sim around. Potential for good romance story. Also the chance that you could get injured in a fight.
    Academic (you have to get level ten in the skill you're going to be an academic in before you can apply for the job and you have to publish or perish.)

I would also love the choice of which organisation to work with and the ability to hire a PA when you get to say level 8, who will do anything you ask.
    YouTube%20Forum%20Banner_zpsu3ts3wnz.png
    ou can read my Sim-Lit here:
    https://pollyannasims.wordpress.com/

• Options
    Noita_0Noita_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Lawyer.