Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Cancellation rumors??

Comments

• Options
    Happychic101297Happychic101297 Posts: 1,002 New Member
    edited July 2014
    when I saw cancelation Ithought it meant they might redo the game lol
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014

It would take something incredibly drastic to cause that to happen. Like LGR sneaking into the Sims Camp or someone breaking embargo to tell the world what TS4 is really like.
    8)
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope not - but you never know.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014

A revamped, improved version of TS2 with some of the best bits of TS3 and you 'd have a great game, but nah. EA would never do that. That would require time effort and consideration of the customers. :roll:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

It would take something incredibly drastic to cause that to happen. Like LGR sneaking into the Sims Camp or someone breaking embargo to tell the world what TS4 is really like.
    8)
    haha i can totally imagine that
    causing all that commotion in the sea lol
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited July 2014

A revamped, improved version of TS2 with some of the best bits of TS3

Yes please!
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    I think it was last week on twitter when a guru stated that the game was still coming out Sept 2nd.

Yeah but what if they cancel it because of that stupid petition on the front page. I hope they don't listen to it because I won't be happy if they do.

Funny how people seem to think the petition is so stupid. So we're supposed roll over play dead and get steam rolled by EA?

Petitions are only stupid when you don't agree with their agenda. To each his own.

Or when they have Zero ( as in 0% ) chance of accomplishing anything. Especially when those that start petitions act like their opinion is the only one that matters on the subject and then act like a bunch of D-Bags against any who feel different then them

^This. Start a petition, I'm all for that, but respect if (maybe in a different thread) someone does not wish to see the content being petitioned for. By the same token, best not to voice your disapproval of content in the petition thread for that content.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    I cannot see anyone breaking the embargo and totally ruining their life for any game - you take a look at the contract they have to sign and believe me - nobody is that stupid to say anything they are not allowed to.

The thing is massive and they leave no leaf unturned - believe me. I had to sign one when I was testing one of the eps for Sims 3 for them - and you would have to be totally nuts to think they don't mean what they say on that contract. You'd think it was National Security they were trying to protect. They mean business. It is not even a little joking matter.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I cannot see anyone breaking the embargo and totally ruining their life for any game - you take a look at the contract they have to sign and believe me - nobody is that stupid to say anything they are not allowed to.

The thing is massive and they leave no leaf unturned - believe me. I had to sign one when I was testing one of the eps for Sims 3 for them - and you would have to be totally nuts to think they don't mean what they say on that contract. You'd think it was National Security they were trying to protect. They mean business. It is not even a little joking matter.

Wow. Reminds me of jury duty. A more intense form of jury duty.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Wow. Reminds me of jury duty. A more intense form of jury duty.

what if someone was nuts and destroyed sims 4 embargo.
    anythings possible, you know things change
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    I think it was last week on twitter when a guru stated that the game was still coming out Sept 2nd.

Yeah but what if they cancel it because of that stupid petition on the front page. I hope they don't listen to it because I won't be happy if they do.

I'll believe its getting cancelled when i see pigs driving an Abrams tank across the Atlantic while playing pong
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The only way it would even be delayed at all is for a major bug if they find one bad enough it needs fixing ASAP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:

I'll believe its getting cancelled when i see pigs driving an Abrams tank across the Atlantic while playing pong

pigs now have phones and can use the geico app . pigs can do anything these days
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:

pigs now have phones and can use the geico. pigs can do anything these days

**Giggles**
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    I read on another thread that according to best buy it's now set for December the 2nd, Are you kidding??

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/765973.page
    Wait? What?

My post that you linked to wasn't a cancellation rumor, it could be considered a delay rumor (at best). :shock: :shock: :shock:

I even clearly say in the first post it could be just a glitch...
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    If you believe what you read on twitter I have a bridge to sell you in London.

Look... I seriously doubt the game is cancelled. Even so, no Guru on twitter is going to make that announcement. Something as large as that wouldn't even come in a blog. That would be an official press release. EA has investors to answer to so leaking information like that could potentially get people in trouble with the SEC.

For the reason ABOVE the Guru's absolutely will NEVER say anything other than what is OFFICIAL. EA may extend "certain" information to vendors shortly before official announcements. However, they TOO would be held to the same restrictions.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    If there was any thoughts of a delay I guarantee EA would not be having a Creators Camp next week. At most during the Camp users may find problems like they did for Sims 3 that got it delayed until June - but if it is smooth sailing - I can't see it being delayed or else they would have delayed this camp as it is always 4-6 weeks before release.

February 20, 2009: Sims 3 original release date

January 16, 2009: Sims 3 Creators' Camp ended.

February 3, 2009: Sims 3 delayed until June 2nd, 2009
    And smack :) (just kidding)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Goth583 wrote:
    They said earlier, prior to E3, that Sept. 2nd was the release date and that the game would not be held back. I do feel they at least spoke the truth about that since TS4 was originally coming out at the end of 2013 and was then pushed back to Sept. 2014.
    Umm... you pretty much managed to counter your own argument in a same sentence.

Let me paraphrase: I believe they are telling the truth since they told us wrong last time <---awesome.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Every minute they delay costs them profit.
    <sarcasm>I'm still really stumped how you know so much about the behind-the-scenes info on this game without working for EA.</sarcasm>

See what I did there? And actually the statement is not really true. Delays <> Less Profit. Release a game with 60/100 reviews and it fizzles, work on it for a year or so and release with 90/100 reviews and you can create a revenue stream for years to come.
  • Options
    Jdavij20033Jdavij20033 Posts: 2,054 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    If there was any thoughts of a delay I guarantee EA would not be having a Creators Camp next week. At most during the Camp users may find problems like they did for Sims 3 that got it delayed until June - but if it is smooth sailing - I can't see it being delayed or else they would have delayed this camp as it is always 4-6 weeks before release.

February 20, 2009: Sims 3 original release date

January 16, 2009: Sims 3 Creators' Camp ended.

February 3, 2009: Sims 3 delayed until June 2nd, 2009
    And smack :) (just kidding)

:wink:
    rifJadC.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Dang't so close...

Pig+Pong_118875_4837694.gif
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Every minute they delay costs them profit.
    <sarcasm>I'm still really stumped how you know so much about the behind-the-scenes info on this game without working for EA.</sarcasm>

See what I did there? And actually the statement is not really true. Delays <> Less Profit. Release a game with 60/100 reviews and it fizzles, work on it for a year or so and release with 90/100 reviews and you can create a revenue stream for years to come.
    Let me fix this for you.

The statement is not really true. Delays <> Less Profit. Release a game with 60/100 reviews and it fizzles, work on it for a year or so and release with 90/100 reviews and you can create a revenue stream for years to come.

There now. See what I did there? Took out the insufferable ego and left the meaningful information which I'll happily concede.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    Let me fix this for you.

The statement is not really true. Delays <> Less Profit. Release a game with 60/100 reviews and it fizzles, work on it for a year or so and release with 90/100 reviews and you can create a revenue stream for years to come.

There now. See what I did there? Took out the insufferable ego and left the meaningful information which I'll happily concede.
    I'm playing and having fun. Don't take it personally...

Besides you are constantly knocking me because, despite the fact I have told you multiple times, you refuse to believe that anyone could understand the process of game development without inside knowledge. Its pretty much a recipe book. And based off what they have told us we can easily discern where they are in the baking process. I mean how else do you think project managers create budgets months (if not years) in advance? Its not exactly rocket science.
  • Options
    MonotramMonotram Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2014
    If they would delay it for 3 months, they could take the christmasbusiness. Every (grand-)parent would be happy to have one gift for their Simsfam-Relatives. It could be possible, that the game isn't bugfree, cause everything they had shown, and that wasn't much, was scripted or recycled, like the video last week.
    Last but not least, a delay would cost money, but EA is no garage-Producer with creditsharks in their neck. They could take that.

But I don't think they will delay it. The marketing at this point was so unprofessionell and unmotivated, that I came to the conclusion, that Sims got not a high priority for EA. A delay would proof, that they care long-term about the game, but I think in this case they would rather ride a dead horse to 2. September to make their cash. They throw Simcity on the market, who wasn't gold, and as far as I know, BF4, one of their cash-cows, was no fun at all for the players.

So, 2. September it is, don't worry :D
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    Let me fix this for you.

I'm playing and having fun. Don't take it personally...

Besides you are constantly knocking me because, despite the fact I have told you multiple times, you refuse to believe that anyone could understand the process of game development without inside knowledge. Its pretty much a recipe book. And based off what they have told us we can easily discern where they are in the baking process. I mean how else do you think project managers create budgets months if not years in advance? Its not exactly rocket science.
    No worries. I'm not taking it personally. I'm also not constantly knocking you so I'm sorry you see it that way. I am regularly knocking your ego because it's annoying. Your knowledge and humor, when not overshadowed by your ego, are enjoyable. I've seen maybe 5 or 6 people on the forums who seem to have some actual knowledge about the business and enjoy picking their brains. The problem with some of your answers are that they rely heavily on "I've got 600 degrees, have been in the business forever and am super smart and you're not so just take what I'm saying for granted. Blah blah...something else condescending...blah blah /sarcasm." Take out the condescending parts and you're gold. Or green, if you're a Fifth Element fan.

Also, to be clear, you seem to be getting very confused about what I've asked in the past. I've never disbelieved that you understand the process of game development. I do have problems believing that you can look at a 15 minute gameplay video, a CAS demo (unless you've had the chance to dig through the code for it, which you've never said) and the scant amount of info we've been given on the game and determine what kind of engine it was built on. But, perhaps I'm just really dense and the truth is that a gameplay engine is the same thing as the process of game development. Or maybe I've just been very bad at expressing myself and you just really haven't understood what I've been asking.

Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper