Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    Sapphire_Sim16Sapphire_Sim16 Posts: 127 Member
    edited July 2014
    Depp273 wrote:
    I finally got the demo !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I signed up for the demo today and I received it later today !!

Congrats, I'm really glad for you! But this is incredibly unfair. I signed up for it on the first day and I know a ton of other people did as well and we're still waiting :evil:

Try signing up in the morning or during less popular hours. Maybe it will be easier for them to see your email
  • Options
    Heather0325Heather0325 Posts: 77
    edited July 2014
    I hate EA so much, this whole system thing is ridiculous. I signed up like 30 times and nothing. It's been days, close to a week since I signed up! I want to say "screw it" and give up but I can't! EA got me hooked on thinking I could actually get this demo, it's like a drug to check Origin constantly!

Thank god for Destiny beta and the Walking Dead episode 4 releasing! Or I would have lost my mind. At least EA was kind enough to help me get the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    aaand im pretty sure this is it for the week.
    there may be another wave next tuesday but i doubt any other day.. -.-
    i dont really wanna be checking this anymore.

im officially out... i think lol
    noo, im done.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    bosslaydee wrote:
    aaand im pretty sure this is it for the week.
    there may be another wave next tuesday but i doubt any other day.. -.-
    i dont really wanna be checking this anymore.

im officially out... i think lol
    noo, im done.

For real, they sent out like possibly 15-20 more invites today, which is the maximum we will ever get this week since 20 is sooo many like omg. -.- And tomorrow, they will start sending out 3 a day like usual -sigh-
  • Options
    KyokoTanemuraKyokoTanemura Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Didn't get the demo. I'm from Germany.

So many people saying they got it gave me hope that was destroyed once again.

My BF says I am obsessed and he is right but I can't help it. :-(
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,514 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know I'm thinking tomorrow will be a big day for waves going out. Surely their not going to stop this week. I bet only 20 people max got it today.

For sure this isn't going to help them test out the server on the gallery but that's just me. They need to bring in a lot more people.
  • Options
    Caitlyn2Caitlyn2 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Could it be due to them still building up the servers for the gallery? That would make sense at least
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't know I'm thinking tomorrow will be a big day for waves going out. Surely their not going to stop this week. I bet only 20 people max got it today.

For sure this isn't going to help them test out the server on the gallery but that's just me. They need to bring in a lot more people.

Don't worry. That isn't just you. What bothers me the most is that you of all people didn't get one. I mean come on. Really. You are really dedicated to the series and for you not to get one after all of these waves, just bothers me. The lack of communication is bothering me too. They don't tell us anything. While we are scrambling on the forums, they are sitting back and watching us. They tell us nothing. Something. Anything. Some information to confirm if there will be a wave or not not today. Or tomorrow. There is literally no communication. Are we asking for too much? Are we? All we want is some info about the next wave but they tell us nothing. I was one of the first people to sign up for the demo, but did I get it? No. Meanwhile, my friend who didn't even sign up for the demo, has no sims games, doesn't care about the series at all. He got one.
  • Options
    hanelisehanelise Posts: 44
    edited July 2014
    The gallery only has at most like 450 people on at the same time so I'm not sure, honestly. I have The Sims 3 base game, most of the expansion packs and stuff packs, and the Sims 2 Ultimate registered and I got my invite today. I also signed up on the first day of it being available, and I've talked to EA support a few times about it. Who knows.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Caitlyn2 wrote:
    Could it be due to them still building up the servers for the gallery? That would make sense at least

Could be but next week is the last week the waves will be going out unless they extend it so I hope they get it built up soon if that's the case.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hanelise wrote:
    The gallery only has at most like 450 people on at the same time so I'm not sure, honestly. I have The Sims 3 base game, most of the expansion packs and stuff packs, and the Sims 2 Ultimate registered and I got my invite today. I also signed up on the first day of it being available, and I've talked to EA support a few times about it. Who knows.

That's not enough to get the servers ready and for testing that's why I'm thinking 1 or 2 more big waves are coming this week and next.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well...there's still hope for tomorrow! Let's hope those fellow Simmers on this forum page who hasn't gotten their demo receives one tomorrow. <3:mrgreen:
  • Options
    JohkuJohku Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is impossible, I've given up. At least they sent me the Sims 2 collection when I sent them a photo of my game :). I'll concentrate on that.
  • Options
    MonotramMonotram Posts: 143 Member
    edited July 2014
    Caitlyn2 wrote:
    That doesn't take that much time, if the planing fits. 40 days for release there should be somekind of plan...
    As I already said: Bad PR.
  • Options
    Depp273Depp273 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2014
    This is just one massive train wreck with more trains just smashing into one another. Ugh. EA can do no right.
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    With the way things have been going, I fear that we could be demoless forever. I hope I'm wrong.
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, still demoless. :( I'm going to give it until tonight and then simply stop checking. This is really wasting my time,. :x Sad to see that EA can't even handle a simple thing like that correctly, this is horrible along with the rest of sims 4 marketing.
  • Options
    Jimboola11Jimboola11 Posts: 1,850 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    With the way things have been going, I fear that we could be demoless forever. I hope I'm wrong.

Well apparently (unconfirmed) it goes on general release 12th Aug. So there's that.

But this is just silly, you'd think we were asking for the moon on a stick! :shock:
  • Options
    ShalaJariasShalaJarias Posts: 10
    edited July 2014
    I actually just woke up to the Demo invitation in my email :D

Unfortunatly I have to work now but after work I can play ^^
  • Options
    Hallonsaft11Hallonsaft11 Posts: 1,377 Member
    edited July 2014
    I had the wierdest dream about getting the CAS demo this morning.
    In order to get the beta I had to go into The Sims 3, create a new family consisting of a single father, his teen daughter and child son. Then I had to move them into a house, play them until I got attached to them and then sacrifice the son to recieve the Sims 4 CAS beta. :?

So fed up with waiting right now!
    Luckily me and a bunch of friends are going out to see one of my favourite artists perform tonight (around the time the next wave should go out) so I will keep my thoughts away from this stupid beta for tonight! :mrgreen:

A good cup of coffee is always best served together with someone you like
  • Options
    GainjaGainja Posts: 167 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nothing.

Anyone else finding you can't pull yourself together and do other things cause you want to keep checking Origin and the forum?
  • Options
    KyokoTanemuraKyokoTanemura Posts: 91 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Gainja wrote:
    Nothing.

Anyone else finding you can't pull yourself together and do other things cause you want to keep checking Origin and the forum?

Yeah :roll:
  • Options
    jordan4240jordan4240 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I had the wierdest dream about getting the CAS demo this morning.
    In order to get the beta I had to go into The Sims 3, create a new family consisting of a single father, his teen daughter and child son. Then I had to move them into a house, play them until I got attached to them and then sacrifice the son to recieve the Sims 4 CAS beta. :?

So fed up with waiting right now!
    Luckily me and a bunch of friends are going out to see one of my favourite artists perform tonight (around the time the next wave should go out) so I will keep my thoughts away from this stupid beta for tonight! :mrgreen:
    Oh my.. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    So I sent this to the gurus, basically because I'm ****** off:
    What was the point of the sign-up if it wasn't on a first-come-first-serve basis?

The sign-up appears to be BS, I signed up early on the first day and still haven't gotten it.

But others that signed up much later have gotten it before me, how is this fair?

And then I tweeted them my username because my Twitter account doesn't match up with this one. I don't expect anything to come of it, but it makes me feel better that they might at least know now how ticked off I am by this set-up.
  • Options
    nanhemaynanhemay Posts: 81 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I just can't believe how much people have gotten the demo just a few hours after they signed up ._. I signed up an hour after it started and haven't got it. Im really jelly :D
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top