Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I was also wondering if signing up more than once could increase or decrease your chances of receiving the demo.
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    me too :(
  • Options
    HelenamisHelenamis Posts: 241 Member
    edited July 2014
    tumblr_n0hm1lRB2e1stgrfzo1_250.gif

Demoless :(
    Origin-ID: Helenamis
    Youtube Channel: Youtube.com/birdofhope01
    - A Sims 4 review and lets play will be up shortly after the release for my country: 4th September.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Still demoless. Also, do you have to be logged out of Origin to receive the demo? Or will it show up while still logged on?

that's a pretty good question. I second this.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,513 Member
    edited July 2014
    just checked origin and I still don't have it.
  • Options
    SimChelle1982SimChelle1982 Posts: 2,666 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, I know a few regulars on the forums who have gotten it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, it's just luck. There are people who have never played The Sims at all who received the demo (from what I've heard), there are people who never registered on Origin, people who only have base games....and then there are those who have every game, EP, and SP, who registered everything here and on Origin, who only play through the launcher, who only play through Origin...and throughout all those groups, there are people who received the demo, and people who haven't.

I can't imagine EA is sifting through the requests, going into each account to see what games people have, if they've played through Origin, etc. It's probably as random as it feels. :)

With that being said, I just got home and no luck unfortunately. :(

For my fellow members of Team Demoless, try not to get too upset. It's not going to come any faster based on your anger levels. There are just the chosen ones...and then us....

......how do they refer to us again?....

.....oh that's right....

THE PUBLIC

lol :)
    15172699815_7cdb04275d_o.png
  • Options
    thesims3fan4thesims3fan4 Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    I was also wondering if signing up more than once could increase or decrease your chances of receiving the demo.
    Most likely increase
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    It's just so hard to be patient. The upside is there is a New Big Store Set coming out in August before August 12th so that will help a little bit.

It will have pc and most likely comes with a venue as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Most likely increase

I've signed up 3 times and still haven't got it.
  • Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Still no demo. :(
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Still demoless. Also, do you have to be logged out of Origin to receive the demo? Or will it show up while still logged on?

Although I don't know about the demo -someone a couple days ago asked this question about the Sims 2 Ultimate collection. They didn't know if Origin should be off or if they should stay signed on.

Today while talking to customer service about why I hadn't received the Ultimate collection yet -as they were talking to me in one window & I was signed into Origin in another -suddenly Origin refreshed & the collection was there.

Truthfully, I don't think it matters. A lot of people sign on to Origin & then refresh the 'my games' page.
    That's what the 'my games' page did with me today -it refreshed itself & the game was there.

At this point try everything! :D Good luck!
  • Options
    stylsimstylsim Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Most likely increase

I've signed up 20 times and still haven't gotten it.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Most likely increase

Yeah technically I signed up around 12 times, so hopefully I have it at home right now.
  • Options
    jordan4240jordan4240 Posts: 172 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Have they even had a new wave since the demo sign up was announced? It makes me wonder if the sign up is just to keep us quiet.... :roll:
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's just so hard to be patient. The upside is there is a New Big Store Set coming out in August before August 12th so that will help a little bit.

It will have pc and most likely comes with a venue as well.
    Ew I officially stopped playing ts3 before island paradise came outand I never bought the store stuff
    But YAY for you lol
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ok everyone, someone just tweeted me that they received the demo in the last 20 minutes. Don't want to raise hopes, but just wanted to let you know. It seems there are still some being sent out tonight. :)
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ok everyone, someone just tweeted me that they received the demo in the last 20 minutes. Don't want to raise hopes, but just wanted to let you know. It seems there are still some being sent out tonight. :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    hanelisehanelise Posts: 44
    edited July 2014
    I also just received the demo. Looks like they're going out! YAYYYYY
  • Options
    vicky1qavicky1qa Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am currently speaking so an EA/Origin adviser about the demo. I will tell you what they after i am done. Anything you want me to ask?
  • Options
    hanelisehanelise Posts: 44
    edited July 2014
    CHECK YOUR ORIGINS GUYSSSSS.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

I'll still be suprised if I get it. I'm hoping tomorrow much bigger bigger waves will be sent out.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    hanelise wrote:

Right now? Have you been refreshing? When is the last time you checked?

AAAHHHHH
  • Options
    vicky1qavicky1qa Posts: 158 Member
    edited July 2014
    hanelise wrote:

Congrats :( you just refreshed and it was there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Another person on Twitter....36 seconds ago!! Ahhh!!!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    just checked origin and I still don't have it.
    Oh, bummer! I keep hoping that you'll get the demo, CLP. I know how much you've been wanting it. Of course, not just you. Everyone should be getting it who wants it.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top