Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FICTIONAL CHARACTER CAS CREATIONS

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    AxisPeace wrote:
    I tried making some cartoon characters... including Korra. :P The tools are easy to use and hard to master... ahem. That's my excuse anyway.
    I think that's a very accurate description of CAS. Plus, making cartoon characters with it is hard because it wasn't really designed to do extremes. I did most of the Futurama crew and it was really hard trying to make things exaggerated enough to fit.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    AxisPeaceAxisPeace Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    AxisPeace wrote:
    I tried making some cartoon characters... including Korra. :P The tools are easy to use and hard to master... ahem. That's my excuse anyway.
    I think that's a very accurate description of CAS. Plus, making cartoon characters with it is hard because it wasn't really designed to do extremes. I did most of the Futurama crew and it was really hard trying to make things exaggerated enough to fit.

Yeah, I saw those. You did a nice job considering the restrictions! Futurama certainly was an amitious choice too :-o

To be fair the game wasn't designed for this, so I don't know if I would say I'd like more crazy-looking Sims. I remember the bug that was in Sims 2 that let you keep making various body parts infinitely large or small... gosh that was scary... I don't need that but a bit more exaggerated features might be nice, especially given the cartoony style they've gone with.
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    I started off attempting a household inspired by Sailor Moon. Attempted being the operative word, here's what I actually ended up with which is far from Sailor Moon-ish but hey, it was only Inspired by. I used their english anime names.

sailormoon1_zps1eede372.png
    Left to Right: Serena (Sailor Moon), Darien (Tuxedo mask), Raye (Mars), Ami (Mercury), Lita (Jupiter), Mina (Venus)
    serena1_zps42c4977d.pngraye1_zps3ec71d71.png
    ami1_zps1fc97732.pngdarien1_zps0b915d56.pngmina1_zps854f947c.pngLita1_zps6b795b34.png

PS. I'm hopeless at creating male sims still so "Darien" looks horrible.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    AxisPeace wrote:
    ebuchala wrote:
    AxisPeace wrote:

Yeah, I saw those. You did a nice job considering the restrictions! Futurama certainly was an amitious choice too :-o

To be fair the game wasn't designed for this, so I don't know if I would say I'd like more crazy-looking Sims. I remember the bug that was in Sims 2 that let you keep making various body parts infinitely large or small... gosh that was scary... I don't need that but a bit more exaggerated features might be nice, especially given the cartoony style they've gone with.

Well, somebody upthread asked if someone could make them and my kids love Futurama so I tried. I was originally just going to do Fry but couldn't resist trying the rest (except Bender, of course, though one daughter wanted me to do the human version of him form one of the eps, LOL).

Very true that it wasn't intended for extreme exaggeration. It would be nice to have a controlled form of it, though, but I could see how that might get out of hand and possibly cause glitches in the game if overused.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    Here's an old school one for you guys to create.
    I present Kojak.
    Screen_shot_2011-01-02_at_1_08_50_PM_7103.png

screenshot_original.jpg

Kojak
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
    Is anyone going to attempt to make a Jonathan Brandis Sim :?:
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,774 Member
    edited July 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    Disney princesses

mrpgwXI.png

so who is whom? If the left one is suppose to be Cinderella and the right Aurora-I really think their hair colour should technically be the other way around. Aurora is suppose to be the 1st of the only 3 blondes in Disney Market (Aurora, Rapunzel and Elsa) Cinderella has more a 'strawberry blonde' or aburn hair in the original Cinderella movie.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    2011simone wrote:
    Disney princesses

mrpgwXI.png

so who is whom? If the left one is suppose to be Cinderella and the right Aurora-I really think their hair colour should technically be the other way around. Aurora is suppose to be the 1st of the only 3 blondes in Disney Market (Aurora, Rapunzel and Elsa) Cinderella has more a 'strawberry blonde' or aburn hair in the original Cinderella movie.

They both have yellow hair with auroras being slightly darker, they don't have either shade in CAS :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lARA CROFT tombraider

zB7IsRD.png
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    2011simone wrote:
    Disney princesses

mrpgwXI.png

They both have yellow hair with auroras being slightly darker, they don't have either shade in CAS :D

Nope Cinderella does NOT have blond hair. You have the two backwards! Aurora's hair colour should been Cinderella's and Cinderella's should be Aurora's. I don't give a care about the 're-colouring' that's been done in the latest Cinderella related DVD that hair colour is WRONG for her.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MadameLee wrote:
    2011simone wrote:
    MadameLee wrote:
    2011simone wrote:
    Disney princesses

mrpgwXI.png

Nope Cinderella does NOT have blond hair. You have the two backwards! Aurora's hair colour should been Cinderella's and Cinderella's should be Aurora's. I don't give a care about the 're-colouring' that's been done in the latest Cinderella related DVD that hair colour is WRONG for her.

Well mine are the latest princesses, if YOU want to make the traditional princesses that is up to YOU! I did them for my daughter who is in to the modern Disney princesses. Think you need to take a chill pill and learn some manners young lady!
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    SnazzySpike1SnazzySpike1 Posts: 380 Member
    edited July 2014
    Amazing job on the Laura croft CAS.
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Larryad wrote:
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:
    I present Kojak.

screenshot_original.jpg

Kojak

Great job! Is this on the gallery? If so, I know I'm downloading Sept. 2!
  • Options
    LarryadLarryad Posts: 336 Member
    edited July 2014
    Assuming that everything in the gallery stays there, yes he is out there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    could people with the CAS demo try to create some adult HP characters? (Don't care whom)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    *bump*
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can someone make Meredith, Christina and lexi from grey's anatmony?
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just a few Sim Wars characters...
    ANewHope2_zps4a5c9043.jpg

ANewHope1_zps71772af0.jpg

I didn't spend a lot time on these and, to be honest, I focused more on capturing the character than the actor, but I think they came out pretty good. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been making Doctor Who Sims! Here are the ones that are finished:

Donna:

FSKfAhG.jpg

Eleven:

QsAzXac.jpg

Rose:

wI8a8du.jpg

Ten:

hC9JiJz.jpg

Amy:

EkKZUOs.jpg

Clara:

mKuuFI4.jpg

I'm still working on Martha, I'm having trouble getting her face right!

They're all up on the Gallery. I have the same username there so feel free to find and download them :)

AHHH! ROSE IS THE BEST ONE! SO PRETTY!
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited July 2014
    jordan4240 wrote:
    I took on the challenge of creating (most of) the characters from Once Upon a Time and Wonderland. I posted the results in bits and pieces in another thread, but I thought it would be nice to see them all together...

I love this. The only exception is that I feel that Snow is a bit plumper than you made her. Thank you, hoping to download them and favorite them when the time comes!

Oh! The red queen with those lips! Gorgeous! Well done.
  • Options
    Rostri-JoduRostri-Jodu Posts: 718 Member
    edited July 2014
    jordan4240 wrote:
    I took on the challenge of creating (most of) the characters from Once Upon a Time and Wonderland. I posted the results in bits and pieces in another thread, but I thought it would be nice to see them all together...

I love this. The only exception is that I feel that Snow is a bit plumper than you made her. Thank you, hoping to download them and favorite them when the time comes!

Oh! The red queen with those lips! Gorgeous! Well done.

Yeah, she's more from the pre-baby days, like really early on in Season 1. Anywho, I can't wait to make Storybrooke with the new build tools. I think I'll be able to be far more accurate than ever before.

Enjoy!
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited July 2014
    Jimbo_Jr wrote:

is that pitbull
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited July 2014
    I tried making some characters from GoT

34q7j1e.png
  • Options
    katrinakrakishkatrinakrakish Posts: 355 Member
    edited July 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    lARA CROFT tombraider