Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd be really surprised if there was a weekend demo release. Pleasantly surprised but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • Options
    KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    edited July 2014
    I heard of a few people via Instagram (I have a problem...) that they just received the demo in their Origin account with or without an email before it today. I looked today, still no demo or email -sigh-

I'm seeing these things too. But the ones I saw were from Australia.
  • Options
    nanhemaynanhemay Posts: 81 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I heard of a few people via Instagram (I have a problem...) that they just received the demo in their Origin account with or without an email before it today. I looked today, still no demo or email -sigh-

I'm seeing these things too. But the ones I saw were from Australia.

Aww Lucky people, Im in Australia and i haven't gotten it yet. I still have a little hope though :)
  • Options
    natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    This makes no sense at all! I've been waiting for the demo since it was released, then they make a sign up sheet, I was literally one of the first that signed up, and yet, people that signed up a day after, get it before. I'm done EA. Because quite frankly, you don't care. I know its just a game, but its a game I WANT TO ACTUALLY PLAY.

Maybe it's better that I didn't get the demo because it won't spoil it.

Leaving the forum, because I've lost all hope.

Bye. :D
  • Options
    Depp273Depp273 Posts: 236 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I've stopped checking my e-mail or my Origin account. If I get it, I get it. That's the thing with EA - they're so sure their customers will hang on and wait for them and be fans no matter what happens so they think it's ok to treat us like this. They never learn from their past mistakes, so they never grow as a company. Which is why they're still terrible and in my opinion, the worst gaming company out there (Ubisoft follows right after)
  • Options
    isami10isami10 Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    13 days left until August and this **** demo is not released to us.

Yesterday when I was watching a new CAS video on youtube for a simmer, he showed the gallery and it said 210 people online! I wonder if a company cannot handle few thousand people uploading to its servers how on earth they wanted to make this game online first place?

210 is a very low number. Yes these were online. Lets assume that the actual number of people having the demo is double or triple which means less than 1,000. Is EA that poor to invest in its servers? is it a small company and unable to handle at least 5,000-10,000 simmers for a beta? This is a big joke

EA does not want to spend anything. It just want to cut costs and eat people's money. Proof can be sensed in many ways:

1- Cancelling the whole Sims 2 forums and I think the same will happen to Sims 3. Why can't you keep the forums as they are? People have written tons of guides and useful info about Sims 2 and that all gone! why?

2- Sims 4 staff shortage! Yes the team developing the game are doing their best but with that number of staff they wont be able to put all the important features in the game. There is no time! and the ******* company wants our money now rather than tomorrow. SO whatever cannot be fine tuned is just being cancelled. The Gurus are fully occupied each with a certain task. so surely toddlers and pools were not assigned to anybody to work on because there is nobody there to handle them. EA just does not want to recruit more developers to work on a game that is guaranteed to make money for them.

I completely agree with you, if they were having problems with the gallery when it was only the beta of the freaking demo, how the hell do they expect to handle the servers when the Sims 4 comes out? Once again they prove how unprepared they are for any kind of situation... I feel like they are just lazy now, for example making teens the same height as adults. Is it a big problem? No, not really, but they wont have to make many animations that way... Same with the always wanted height slider... And we have to hear their **** excuses "We would have to make animations with all heights and it would take too long...". EA is rich as ****, just get more animators! But noooo, they dont want to spend too much on making a good game for the public and honestly, that is just disrespectuful to us, who pay for a game we expect to be well and carefully made, not something theyre rushing to do because of the deadline.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hey Guys, An actual gameplay/walkthrough of the sims 4 has come out But..Its in German. Still :D Its something! You can change the captions to english. I hope everyone gets their demo today :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uut_YLu10fI
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BeachParrotBeachParrot Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2014
    English Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M

And I can't say I'm impressed... At all.
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited July 2014
    nanhemay wrote:
    Hey Guys, An actual gameplay/walkthrough of the sims 4 has come out But..Its in German. Still :D Its something! You can change the captions to english. I hope everyone gets their demo today :)

no freakin way, THANKS!
  • Options
    Severus28Severus28 Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2014
    English Version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M

And I can't say I'm impressed... At all.

Thank you for the english version!
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 371 Member
    edited July 2014
    nanhemay wrote:

Thanks for the link. Nice demo, even though it must be staged as the exact same things happened that happened at E3.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
  • Options
    SimGal11SimGal11 Posts: 106
    edited July 2014
    nanhemay wrote:

Hmm, I don't like how it's set up. It's kind of boring. And the loading screens make me sick... EWW! But, it runs smoothly and looks pretty fun!
  • Options
    SimGal11SimGal11 Posts: 106
    edited July 2014
    Also, anyone get a demo yesterday?
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    No demo yet. (cries for three hours straight)
  • Options
    Jimbo_JrJimbo_Jr Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2014
    sorry for the double post.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2014
    No demo for me...
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,513 Member
    edited July 2014
    natpat100 wrote:
    This makes no sense at all! I've been waiting for the demo since it was released, then they make a sign up sheet, I was literally one of the first that signed up, and yet, people that signed up a day after, get it before. I'm done EA. Because quite frankly, you don't care. I know its just a game, but its a game I WANT TO ACTUALLY PLAY.

Maybe it's better that I didn't get the demo because it won't spoil it.

Leaving the forum, because I've lost all hope.

Bye. :D

Don't give up. You might be included in the waves going out over the next 2 weeks.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No demo. I was hoping maybe we would get the video AND demos today :lol:

Oh, hopefully next week!
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    No demo for me. But it actually really like how the sims 4 is coming along lol. It looks fun and very interesting and differently lol thank you for the link :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No demo for me ._. Does anyone know if you get an email when the demo arrives in your origin or it just pops up in your origin without email? It's much easier for me to check my email than check origin.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    nanhemay wrote:
    No demo for me ._. Does anyone know if you get an email when the demo arrives in your origin or it just pops up in your origin without email? It's much easier for me to check my email than check origin.

Ive heard people getting emails and then seeing it in their origin and people not getting an email at all (I assume it may have would up in the spam).
  • Options
    CowplantedCowplanted Posts: 78
    edited July 2014
    Some people have gotten an email, some haven't. It's very strange that it's not just one way or the other, but checking both is probably best;;
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2014
    nanhemay wrote:

Some report getting NO email.
    Some report getting both.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    HD101900HD101900 Posts: 174 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's 2:22 where I am and I'm in eastern time. Do you think that if there doing a wave it would be in an hour or so?
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Usually a wave comes about 2 hours from now.