The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did everyone get an invitation email?

Hi, I got an email from Sims EA games that addressed me by my username with the following message:

As a dedicated The Sims™ 3 player, we're inviting you to try an early version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. The purpose of this trial is to perform a number of system-related tests in preparation for our game launch and to gather your feedback on our new game.

You have been specifically selected for this trial because of your experience with The Sims 3 and because you have opted-in to receive communications from EA.

The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo will be available to download in your Origin™ “My Games Library” starting on July 16.

Please note that this demo is still software in development and does not represent the final quality of the game. The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo is only available on PC.

Everyone here at The Sims Studio looks forward to your participation and feedback. We hope you have fun creating all new Sims!

— The Sims Studio

Do I need to join a sign-up or is this invitation enough?

Comments

• Options
    HbdachHbdach Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow! I just checked my origin and it has automatically given me the demo to download! This is sweet!
  • Options
    LaellaLaella Posts: 519 Member
    edited July 2014
    That message is their default email, my bf has the demo and he's never played the sims so definitely not a dedicated player lol.

Check your origin account, there should be a copy of the demo there ready to install now. And no, I don't think everyone has it yet.
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wish but no. Not everyone has it yet however they have promised that everyone will have access to it later this summer. Right now it's all just early beta testing before it's released to everyone.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, I didn't get it either :cry:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,722 Member
    edited July 2014
    Neither did I get it...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope and I have all the sims 3 eps and sps.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, me either. I am still waiting, though getting to a bit impatient as I am ready to move on from Sims 3 and all the frustration it causes.
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, silently crying.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope, I wish so.
  • Options
    Simmer5154Simmer5154 Posts: 16
    edited July 2014
    Nope I still haven't gotten the demo :cry:
  • Options
    kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    nope..... D:
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have it yet, but my niece got one today and she's not even planning on buying Sims 4. She's just going to stick with Sims 3. But she did say she'd try out the Demo and let me know how it is.
  • Options
    asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2014
    I finally got an invite yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed it & it's made me excited for the game. :)
  • Options
    ZanarridaZanarrida Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2014
    :cry: still waiting asiamomma82, checking everyday my Origin account. Maybe August 12 I get the demo.
  • Options
    Sims201271Sims201271 Posts: 173 New Member
    edited July 2014
    No... Still waiting.
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    No I do not have it. :evil:
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited July 2014
    nope, do not have it, but EA gave me the Sims 2 ultimate collection to download for free instead! something to play while I wait for the Sims 4 CAS demo, I guess, it's better than being depressed and sad by checking my origin account everyday for it :)

thanks EA! :)
  • Options
    HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got it today! <3
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    No unfortantly I dont have it. I probably wont get it til its released to everyone with my luck.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope...I hope that myself and a lot more people who have been waiting since day 1 are on the wave on invites tonight. Wiahing everybody the best of luck, fingers crossed.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited July 2014
    Good luck everyone!

I just got my Masters degree certificate today and 2 other crucial bits of mail earlier in the week so I feel like my luck has probably run out this week. But I can still hope I get the demo, right? ;)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not yet.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the Demo last week, but never got an e-mail to notify me. So just be sure to keep checking your Origin account each day besides your e-mails! :)
  • Options
    AP_PepperAP_Pepper Posts: 465 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got mine!

But Good luck everyone!
    I have one question about The sims 2 ultimate collection, I was wondering if it was availabe to all players? Or just those who have the sims 2 registered on Origin.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    Not yet.

Evalen, did you resign up the other day when they said we needed to reenter our email and resign up for the news letters?

I thought that was weird. But you have to make sure you use the email address you have logged for Origin Account ID. Not the TS3 ID or the TSM ID. I had two email accounts at one time. One for TSM when I register it. And one for the TS3 when I registered it. Somehow, during that time all my accounts were switched to the Origin ID. But my news letter was going to the email for when I registered TSM years ago.

So, maybe that is why I got it so fast after I resigned up? With the email address I use for my Origin account? Because I first got an email from Origin letting me know I had signed up for the newsletters.

I know I'm rambling. But I hope that's clear. If you Opt Out of receiving the news letter (which I almost did since I already get it) it disqualifies you getting the demo.

Maybe it's just a mess up on Origin if people are using their email for TS3 or if people are using the email they used for Origin's Account?

Cause I think that is right as far as I am concerned.

I also, waited until after 6:00 P.M. (my time) which would be 3:00 P.M. their time without checking or refreshing that day. I had been checking a few times a day. I also had the TS2 Ultimate first, with no Demo, until I went into my spam email and found the one for the demo. I some how believe I wouldn't have gotten the Demo until I actually read the email. Maybe that's not accurate, but that is what happened.

I feel like if I hadn't moved it to my inbox then read it the Demo might not have popped up until I did read the email. Because I had just been in the Origin Application and there was nothing until I read the email.

Maybe coincidence? But I had gotten the email hours earlier but no demo in there until I read it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.