The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    I got my demo!! :))
    Really,when? and congratulations

it was sent at 5:36 am (AEST) this morning . I signed up for the demo yesterday and got it today. EA is awesome!
    Lucky!! (EA Australia is actually pretty awesome)

I went from ecstasy to agony. It's only for PC! :(

Send it to me :-) :D joking
    If you have a mac why not bootcamp it?
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited July 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

it was sent at 5:36 am (AEST) this morning . I signed up for the demo yesterday and got it today. EA is awesome!

So you're now in posession of a demo you cannot actually play?

I know you probably weren't aware that it was PC only, but it does make me wonder how many other demos have been wasted on Mac users :(
  • Options
    kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014
    still no demo .. :C
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

I know you probably weren't aware that it was PC only, but it does make me wonder how many other demos have been wasted on Mac users :(

I wouldn't say it's wasted on MAC users because the EULA lets you install in 5 PCs so if they had a laptop or something, too they could download it as long as they log into their Origin. At least until there is the game for MAC users.

You know, a friend's PC, but log into your account and play it. Or something like that. Maybe.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    mattific17mattific17 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

It's making me itching! I can see it in the game library but can't download. Noo :cry:
  • Options
    KoolPHKoolPH Posts: 124 New Member
    edited July 2014
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:
    mattific17 wrote:

It's making me itching! I can see it in the game library but can't download. Noo :cry:

If you have a mac you can use bootcamp to run windows on it. Henceforth making you able to play the demo :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope more waves are going out today.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited July 2014
    Me too. No demo for me. :( It annoys me so much that many who want it have not been lucky whilst so many who didn't want it got it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    KoolPH wrote:
    What time aproximently does EA send out the demos?

4pm eastern.

It s 4:33 am eastern now so we still have a little under 12 hours to go if we get any waves today.
  • Options
    Vilin213923Vilin213923 Posts: 519 New Member
    edited July 2014
    KoolPH wrote:
    What time aproximently does EA send out the demos?

4pm eastern.

It s 4:33 am eastern now so we still have a little under 12 hours to go if we get any waves today.
    12 hours from now so, 6AM my time. Might be a nice thing to wake up to.
  • Options
    1paddywaddy1paddywaddy Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    You have got to be kidding me?!, I woke up this morning feeling super anxious and opened my emails straight away. Nothing. Checked Origin. Nothing, Oh man, I really really hope I get the demo sometime soon.

Congrats to all those who got it, just a question, does signing up more than once increase or ruin your chances, been pondering this since last night? :?. Anyway, congrats.

What time would you reckon that waves will go out in England, ive asked this before but with the signing up deal I was wondering if it had changed?
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    You have got to be kidding me?!, I woke up this morning feeling super anxious and opened my emails straight away. Nothing. Checked Origin. Nothing, Oh man, I really really hope I get the demo sometime soon.

Congrats to all those who got it, just a question, does signing up more than once increase or ruin your chances, been pondering this since last night? :?. Anyway, congrats.

I hope not :/

I woke up this morning, same routine for me. Well at least I got that other thing that I wanted, but now I want the demo even more >:c
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    What time would you reckon that waves will go out in England, ive asked this before but with the signing up deal I was wondering if it had changed?
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014

I'm not sure... Well, I'm guessing around 9 p.m
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

I'm not sure... Well, I'm guessing around 9 p.m

Ok, at least we don't have to give up all hope. Wishing everybody in the world who wants the demo good luck! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Still no demo for me :( I really hope that today is the day for all of us and that everyone who is on this thread will get it!
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    People are making multiple Origin accounts?

Not only is that rude and disrespectful to the rest of the people that are waiting *just like you* but it could potentially put you out of the running too.

it's one thing if you already have multiple accounts that are actually being used. But making them for the sake up upping your chances of getting the demo, that's actually just making it harder for Everyone else.

Say you've got 5 accounts. What if those accounts all receive the demo? Now you have an extra 4 copies of the demo that you don't need that could've gone to someone else that now hasn't got it because you did instead.

Not to mention, if they're tracking IP addresses or e-mail similarities, then they may take you off the list altogether or suspend your accounts and then you've botched your chances of getting the demo.
    This- we all want the demo, making other accounts doesn't get you the demo quicker it's just a bit rude to all those who are waiting just like you.

Yes, I don't mean to be rude to anyone who's done that but I agree with this.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a fan of the multi account thing either. I have so many online accounts though that I can't even remember the passwords of the ones I have sometimes, don't need any more!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kama674 wrote:
    People are making multiple Origin accounts?

Not only is that rude and disrespectful to the rest of the people that are waiting *just like you* but it could potentially put you out of the running too.

it's one thing if you already have multiple accounts that are actually being used. But making them for the sake up upping your chances of getting the demo, that's actually just making it harder for Everyone else.

Say you've got 5 accounts. What if those accounts all receive the demo? Now you have an extra 4 copies of the demo that you don't need that could've gone to someone else that now hasn't got it because you did instead.

Not to mention, if they're tracking IP addresses or e-mail similarities, then they may take you off the list altogether or suspend your accounts and then you've botched your chances of getting the demo.
    This- we all want the demo, making other accounts doesn't get you the demo quicker it's just a bit rude to all those who are waiting just like you.

Yes, I don't mean to be rude to anyone who's done that but I agree with this.

I don't want to sound rude, but I disagree with making other accounts, be patient and then go insane like the rest of us have to. If EA find out that you've got multiple accounts to try and increase your chances of getting the demo, your chances of getting the demo are busted.
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am still demoless :cry:
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    kake123123kake123123 Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2014

aww dont worry ^^
  • Options
    tinydancer80tinydancer80 Posts: 282 Member
    edited July 2014

So am I, and so are many others. It's only about 3 more weeks until we all have the demo... that's not too bad.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    nothing here, and despite my login not changing the Sims 3 website kept saying it was wrong >-> but it worked on the Origin website and client.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Reaction-GIF-Angry.gif[/img]
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    edited July 2014
    super-sad-cat-depressed-kitten-13595918793.gif

Demo? Where are you?
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited July 2014

So am I, and so are many others. It's only about 3 more weeks until we all have the demo... that's not too bad.

I dont want it in 3 weeks. Someone who craved, begged and watched every youtube video will get it same day with someone who has no idea that the demo even exists?

NOT FAIR
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif