Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Kaztomp's Thread for D.N.A. Builds - *Bristlecone Park - pg 17 - for Anettesb*

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaztompKaztomp Posts: 519 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Anette,

I am SO very sorry for not being in touch before now.. I have had to deal with a fairly large drama here at home, involving one of my foster boys. He had an accident on Monday afternoon and ended up in hospital. He had broken and fractured a few bones and required surgery. I have been spending most of my days and nights since then, up at the hospital keeping him company and helping look after him.

I was only able to let my DNA team mates know last night and now I am able to let you know as well. This minor catastrophe has set my build schedule back at least a week! I am hoping to get back into the build next Monday, when my foster son will (hopefully) be able to come home. Until then unfortunately, I have very little time to spend on the build as I am busy running up and back between the hospital and home - bearing in mind I still have four more boys to look after as well.. aaargh!! My life is insane right now - LOL!!

Again, please accept my apology for not being able to contact you earlier about this delay. I will let you know more as soon as I know when my foster son is allowed to come home - keep your fingers crossed that it's next Monday!

Cheers!
    xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your build is absolutely gorgeous so far! I am looking forward to seeing more!

-I am so sorry to hear about your foster-son. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hospital stays and kids= no fun! I have had my share of them. Boo! Take care, hun!
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am sorry to hear about your foster son having the accident and needing to spend time in hospital. I hope that the healing process from the broken and fractured bones and surgery goes well. Sending special thoughts to you.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    oh Kaztomp don't vorry about the build I figured something had happend and was worried for you and your family, hope your boy gets better soon.
    Just focus on him and the rest of the family I can wait.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    thought

maybe using the fogemiter for some codes... don't know... but pigions might be nice... well just a few thoughts... I don't mind very few colectibels also.... but some things could just be fogemiters if for an efect
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    :( So sorry to hear about the accident of your foster son! I hope he recovers soon and come home soon. Take care dear Kaz! ((Hugs))
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited June 2014
    :D Just to let everyone know dear Kaztomp is going well and her injured Foster son will be home sometime next week to convalesce. She was devastated not to be able to finish Anette's build. As I am in phone contact with Kaz, I have taken over the build, using everything Kaztomp has put in place so far. So this one will be a collaboration from us both. Here's hoping, after a well earned Holiday, Kaz will again be back building for DNA very soon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for letting us know Vicki! Good to hear that both Kaz and her foster son are doing well. Give her a hug from me. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    It is great that Kaztomp is going well and that her foster son will be home next week. Sending special thoughts and a smile to her. :) It is great that Annette's build will be a collaboration build. That makes the build even more special. I hope you have fun and enjoy working on the build Vicki :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Glad that Kaz's son is doing better

and yes you both working on it will be interesting
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    To all my wonderful, amazing friends - THANK YOU!!

The past couple of weeks have been some of the worst I have endured in RL - but to know I have this awesome group of friends here makes it that much easier to bear the trials and tribulations that have been thrown my way of late.

Your well wishes for both Trent and myself are greatly appreciated and accepted with much heartfelt gratitude. I am humbled beyond belief at the support I have received from my DNA team mates and the kind words of encouragement and prayers said on my behalf, from all my Sims3 friends.

Three years ago, when I first joined this Community, I had no idea of the friendships I would make or the many things I would learn. Since then however, I have come to realise that one does not need to live next door to someone to call them a friend. This amazing site has brought many new friends into my life, people I have never met, but who are so important to me that I am bereft when I can't log on to say "Hi" or "How are you today?"..

Friends made here are just as important, if not more so, than some of those I have in RL. Friends here do not judge me when I am absent, nor do they question why I have to be absent. Friends here have faith in one another. I do not need to "prove" anything - I can, in other words, just be me. No need to act a certain way, no need to fake a smile when I don't feel like smiling, no need to pretend I am something I am not.

Some say the internet has given us the ability to hide away our true selves and take on different personas - this may be true for some, but for me personally, I believe we become more like our real selves. We can be who we really are without fear of judgment. Me? I'm more real here than I am in RL.. because in RL I suffer with PTSD and agoraphobia.. in RL people just want me to smile and be happy; so I plaster on a fake smile and pretend for their sake that I am happy. Then, when I get home, I'm a miserable sad git, who feels worse for being such a fake person.

Here? Well here you don't have to see me smile - you can imagine it if you want but I am under no pressure to make you believe I am happy. I simply tell you all that I'm having a crappy day (or week) and lo and behold, you all still like me! No judgment, no "smile, be happy" comments - just friends wishing you all the best. This.... this is why you are all so amazing! This is why Sims3 is my drug of choice - lol!

xx *hugs* xx
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    oh Kaz

I pasionatly HATE when people tell me to just smile... shrugs

as you know (I think) I got PTSD too + what ever it came with of anexity
    so I know what you saying about feeling fake... and haveing to pretend... and... it is not fun

I'm with you here I can be me... and just me....
    it is esier to be a little social here... than out in the world... on a crappy day

hugs
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    :thumbup: :thumbup: Agreed ladies, What a wonderful place where one can sit down to relax and create something beautiful. Something that takes time and uses your mind in a healthy way, working the old grey matter in our heads :wink: All the while knowing another lovely human with their own set of life problems will appreciate this work and that you are actually bringing great pleasure to someone else's life. Like you say, no judgements, just good old fashioned appreciation and the development of good friendships through the mutual enjoyment of this Game and what it gives.

Applause to The Exchange for bringing us all together here. Here's to Sim friendships long may they endure :wink: Big Hugs.....xxxooo

PS For KAZ now School Holidays have started and dear little enterprising Trent is a coming home

business-commerce-scream-screamed-in_house-programme-in_house_training-dcr0124l.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I agree! :D This is such a lovely, creative and friendly community! I am proud to be a part of it! Thanks for your friendship and support! ((Hugs))
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kazzi-kins....

Please have a good day without any young, hooligan daredevils that mastermind insidious plans of wanton reckless behavior involving catapults, human sling-shots, Houdini-ism, underwater shock therapy, electrocution, parachuting, hang gliding, roof surfing or.....oh good grief, I'm probably just giving them ideas.

Just please....don't kill 'em today.....

:twisted: T
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Anettesb - your build is ready :)

I present...

Bristlecone Park
    A Festival Lot

Created by Kaztomp and Glenkarri

Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8338729

Many, many years ago, back in the day of Viking marauders, hunters and gatherers, this ancient Norse hall was used as the village gathering place.

Through the years that have followed, it has suffered through dilapidation and disuse, until it was eventually restored and rejuvenated. This glorious building has weathered many years of change throughout its history.

From being a grand hall, to becoming a barn for farmers to store their grains and animals, to being a place for circus folk to set up their carousels, rides and game - to nowadays - where it is used once again as a place for the local folk to come and enjoy seasonal festive fun!

Important Note:

Sadly, as much as I tried a dozen different ways, I was unable to get the DNA paintings to "stick" to the build. You might see evidence of them in some of the following pictures but unfortunately, every time I placed the lot, the dang things would disappear! I spent about 2 days researching different ways to do it, but nothing seemed to work. My only suggestion Anettesb is for your sims to paint the pictures, place them in their inventories, then have them visit the lot and hang the pictures themselves. It does not matter which "season" you do this in, they will automatically revert to the "common" mode.

On the plus side - I was able to get the graffiti to stick! But regardless how many hours and days I tried, my tester sim refused to paint that one picture you really like! The graffiti is located on the playground build.

BristleconePark.png

BristleconeSummer.png

BristleconeSpring.png

BristleconeFall.png

BristleconeWinter.png

CozyTime.png

UnwindTime.png

UpstairsFun.png

Enjoy!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bristoecone Park is a great festival lot! :) Sims will have lots of fun visiting it! There are so many things for sims to enjoy seeing and doing there! Great design of and layout of the build! Very nice introductory background history details description of the build! It looks very nice how you have done the photos of the park showing how it looks in the various seasons through the year! Sims will enjoy visiting the lot all through the year and see and do new things! The hot air balloon looks great there! Great different colours of it for the different seasons. Sims will enjoy travelling in the balloon. Great titles for each of the seasonal pictures of the lot. Sims will have fun riding the carousel in Summer and Spring. It looks nice how you have a different colour scheme of the items for each of the seasons. Nice furnishing of the interior of the Hall. Sims will enjoy eating food from the buffet tables. It looks great how you have recoloured the buffet tables to suit each of the seasons. The seasonal decor on the walls looks great! It looks nice how you have placed the hearts on the wall in Spring, and the pumpkins in Autumn. The festive banners on the walls in Winter look great. Sims will have fun upstairs playing the various games, listening to the drums being played and dancing to music from the stereo.
    It is a great build and it is extra special that you both worked on it together! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    fantastic... my sims will have so much fun...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hi Kaz, Welcome back! :D ((Hugs)) Lovely to see you building again! The festival lot looks so much fun! Love all the activities available for the simmies! Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I wish I could give both you and Glenkarri

a rec each

the fact that we can't do that is the only downside of 2 or more makeing abuild... only 1 get the official rec
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    :mrgreen: Never mind Anette, that you are happy is Rec enough.. Great finishing work Kaz, it's a fun place that's for sure, thanks for joining in again, take care xxxooo :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Glenkarri wrote:
    :mrgreen: Never mind Anette, that you are happy is Rec enough.. Great finishing work Kaz, it's a fun place that's for sure, thanks for joining in again, take care xxxooo :lol:

yea and you know the rec is also for you

oh and I made a new requests... didn't writt any prefered creator... BUT it is linked to this lot :wink:
  • Options
    DAVERTON MANOR

Annoyingly, I am not allowed to post links or pics - but I just wanted to post this in my own thread so I can begin to increase my ranking!

So please accept my apologies for not having any pics or links to Daverton Manor in here :(

I helped my good friend Glenkarri with this build because (a) she knows me so well and (b) because I can't resist historical architecture!

Sadly, my ranking doesn't allow me to post images or a url - but if you go to Glenkarri's thread "Creations by Glenkarri - page 44" you will find the original post including all the pics and the link!

Cheers everyone!
    Kaz
    xx *hugs* xx