Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canceling Pre-Order???

How many of you canceled your pre-order?
I pre-ordered the Deluxe verison and from many reasons why you can guess why I'm canceling plus as a fan since the sims 1, collector of all sims 2, and almost all of sims 3 but ITF and Katy Perry and I somehow is not a "dedicated fan" enough to get the demo. The demo is not the reason, the demo was the last straw.

ThankS, EA. I now believe why you get the award for worst company.

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE THE SIMS 4 PRE-ORDERED AND UR HAPPY. GOOD FOR YOU, NO NEED TO BASH ME FOR WHY IM CANCELING. THANKS.

Comments

• Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe verison and from many reasons why you can guess why I'm canceling plus as a fan since the sims 1, collector of all sims 2, and almost all of sims 3 but ITF and Katy Perry and I somehow is not a "fan" enough to get the demo. The demo is not the reason, the demo was the last straw.

It's RANDOM on who got the demo!
  • Options
    Hannamez8Hannamez8 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2014
    RANDOM my a**!
    Then why does the message say "dedicated fans" that doesn't sound RANDOM to me!
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe verison and from many reasons why you can guess why I'm canceling plus as a fan since the sims 1, collector of all sims 2, and almost all of sims 3 but ITF and Katy Perry and I somehow is not a "dedicated fan" enough to get the demo. The demo is not the reason, the demo was the last straw.

Oh my god, it's not who's dedicated the most!!! It's completely random! The Demo is even randomised to people who don't even play the sims sometimes. It's a fault in their system.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    edited July 2014
    That's not helping, that doesn't change the fact that I'm still upset with EA. They need to understand their vocabulary then if they wanna send messages like that.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    RANDOM my a**!
    Then why does the message say "dedicated fans" that doesn't sound RANDOM to me!

Nice language.

BTW did you sign up for EA newsletters when registering for the Site?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Thank you even though my language has nothing to do with this, bringing irrelevant topics into this isn't helping/important.

Yes I am signed up. Not when I was registered though.
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2014
    A lot of us are upset with EA as for the demo i got it and my wife didn't so yeah its random to a point. Unless you are given the demo by guru's etc. As for cancelling i did once everything came out as to what was left out.
    Just from that it does not seem like a game i want, maybe when the game play comes out it will change my mind we will wait and see.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited July 2014
    Many of us are upset at not getting the Demo...I am too but it's RANDOM, despite what their stupid wording says (yeah they should work on that but this EA we are talking about), and we will ALL have access to it later this summer, presumably Aug 12th.

Other reasons not to get the game, fine. But not getting the Demo when it's random invites to anyone with an Origin account and everyone will have access to it in a month? :roll:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    This is just stupid, by giving it to random people for what? I understand reviewers but random fans WHO CAN PROBABLY JUST BUY THE BASE GAME is just ridiculous when the message wanna say "dedicated fans". Like c'mon now. I don't even know if I can change my mind, with them leaving out basic stuff especially the no open world is sad. They change their words back and forth so I honestly will have to wait and see reviewers before I bother to give EA any money they deserve. Which is most likely ZERO CENTS.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah but it's upsetting plus we should be getting actually gameplay videos not the same CAS. I was okay waiting till August when Youtubers had it, but with random "dedicated fans" have it, it's highly unfair.
    What I said in my first post clearly states there's other reasons, just that the demo was the last straw. Like have you heard that the reasons we don't have pools and toddlers is because they needed to focus on emotions LIKE ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU SHOULD BE FOCUSING ON. Like that's the whole point improving the game, they act like their making scarifices when it's a necessity as they claimed long ago. They go back on their words before the toddler/pool thing. It's all built up.
  • Options
    CynMorallyCynMorally Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2014
    If you want to cancel your preorder for your own reasons, feel free. But throwing a tantrum and behaving like a spoiled, entitled brat on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. You didn't receive the demo YET. Neither have I, YET. Neither have most people. That's life for you, and if your lack of a game demo is the most worrisome thing currently in yours, be thankful.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't like being a sassy tumblr user but seriously, can you not?

A handful of users just told to you that it is a faulty randomized system, and people who don't even play previous sims games are recieving it in their dashboards on origin.

Just be patient, and wait like the rest of us. :lol:

As for your earlier arguments, it's true, ea isn't the best with their money currently but there isn't a point in fighting it out anymore because the game is two months from release. It's likely they will not be delaying it unless someone can scrounge up a couple hundred thousand buckaroos!

Do you have The Sims 2? How about The Sims 1? try playing those to get some nostalgia flowing and maybe you'll either get the invitation or it'll already be the 12th of August. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CynMorally wrote:
    If you want to cancel your preorder for your own reasons, feel free. But throwing a tantrum and behaving like a spoiled, entitled brat on the forums isn't going to get you anywhere. You didn't receive the demo YET. Neither have I, YET. Neither have most people. That's life for you, and if your lack of a game demo is the most worrisome thing currently in yours, be thankful.

I do feel free thanks.
    Throwing a tantrum? By explaining myself, I'm not begging EA to give me a demo or give me a story I'm freely asking who else has canceled. If you're not canceling why did you bother to even comment other than feeling freely to do so.
    Spoiled brat? Lol what? By not wanting to waste 70+ dollars on a game that gives false hope and ideas. I'm freely expressing my feelings and thoughts and so are you but it's pathetic for you to make personal accusations when you don't even know me. If you don't like what you're seeing from me then keep your invalid comments to yourself because that isn't going to get YOU anywhere either.
    I honestly don't care what you receive because I didn't ask from what I clearly wrote.
    Did I say I'm canceling because of "lack of a game demo" then please read before you get to typing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:

A handful of users just told to you that it is a faulty randomized system, and people who don't even play previous sims games are recieving it in their dashboards on origin.

As for your earlier arguments, it's true, ea isn't the best with their money currently but there isn't a point in fighting it out anymore because the game is two months from release. It's likely they will not be delaying it unless someone can scrounge up a couple hundred thousand buckaroos!

Do you have The Sims 2? How about The Sims 1? try playing those to get some nostalgia flowing and maybe you'll either get the invitation or it'll already be the 12th of August. :)

I appreciate your comment because it isn't rude or distasteful like others, thank you honestly.
    It's not the waiting that's bothering me, its the fact that when pre-ordering the game back then isn't the game that is now. I feel like EA pushed themselves to a deadline they couldn't managed and the only people getting hurt is the fans who are buying this.
    I still do have both of the sims 1 and 2 and the sims 2 was my favorite. I'll probably do play with it but it's going to take hours to download which will be difficult to find the time to do that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I only "know you" based on your conduct on the forums, so the only thing I "know" is that you're whining and threatening to cancel your preorder because EA "upset" you over the fact that you feel you deserve the demo right now because you're a self-professed "dedicated fan" who apparently doesn't understand what "random" means. Enough quotation marks for you, Veruca?
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    CynMorally wrote:

I do feel free thanks.
    Throwing a tantrum? By explaining myself, I'm not begging EA to give me a demo or give me a story I'm freely asking who else has canceled. If you're not canceling why did you bother to even comment other than feeling freely to do so.
    Spoiled brat? Lol what? By not wanting to waste 70+ dollars on a game that gives false hope and ideas. I'm freely expressing my feelings and thoughts and so are you but it's pathetic for you to make personal accusations when you don't even know me. If you don't like what you're seeing from me then keep your invalid comments to yourself because that isn't going to get YOU anywhere either.
    I honestly don't care what you receive because I didn't ask from what I clearly wrote.
    Did I say I'm canceling because of "lack of a game demo" then please read before you get to typing.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CynMorally wrote:
    I only "know you" based on your conduct on the forums, so the only thing I "know" is that you're whining and threatening to cancel your preorder because EA "upset" you over the fact that you feel you deserve the demo right now because you're a self-professed "dedicated fan" who apparently doesn't understand what "random" means. Enough quotation marks for you, Veruca?
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    CynMorally wrote:

I do feel free thanks.

THREATENING, LOL WHAT? Are you serious, you do realize it's ME who's paying for this pre-order and it's ME who's not buying it anymore. There is no threat IF YOU CAN ACTUALLY READ FROM MY FIRST POST. Once again this is your problem, not being able to read instead you let your anger takeover so you can make personal remarks. sad. Did I say I'm canceling my order solely because of the demo? No, once again read.
    Lol but you fail to realize that I'm not making up the words "dedicated fan" It says that in the message, so how is that random. It's already been cleared up with another user on this thread who stated EA failed to use the correct vocabulary. Yet once again you're still unable to read as you're throwing it around that I made up "dedicated fan". Please just stop.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lol im literally laughing right now. How is it threatening, when it's already canceled. I don't understand why people are upset over me not paying 80 dollars to a company that isn't even theirs.

That doesn't make anyone spoiled but expressing their feelings towards a game they were excited about. Like you seem sincerely upset as if I'm taking profit away from you. If you don't like what you're reading why do you bother?
  • Options
    DoritoEvieDoritoEvie Posts: 1,887 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's not that we're upset over you canceling it and declaring it to the world,
    (which is really unneccesary)

it's more about you sounding like you're complaining. You may argue you're not, but your first post obviously stated the following:
    Hannamez8 wrote:

I also know you said the demo is not the reason but it clearly sounds like it..

Why you're trying to yell at people, I don't get. We just stated that the demo is random because we think you sound like you canceled your pre-order because you did NOT recieve the demo.
    tumblr_nbwr2zn6951qhv4h7o8_250.giftumblr_mg2bcqeUgc1rthmb0o1_500.gif

• Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

it's more about you sounding like you're complaining. You may argue you're not, but your first post obviously stated the following:
    Hannamez8 wrote:

Why you're trying to yell at people, I don't get. We just stated that the demo is random because we think you sound like you canceled your pre-order because you did NOT recieve the demo.

I agree its not the opening post that seems to be the main problem but the following which all appear defensive and like tantrum like. at least to me thats how it seems.
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

No one should be upset over my decision that doesn't involve you or anyone else. I simply asked a question that doesn't seem to concern since you're here to complain to me on why I'm complaining lol.
    You can think whatever you want, I don't care. If you're gonna judge me based on how I act, then you should also read what I said a while ago. I said that EA makes false hopes and changes their words with this empty promises. I just wish to no longer buy the game, why do you care? Like if you're buying it LOL good for you...? It's built up, once again like I've said.

I don't understand if people want to make personal remarks go ahead, but please read.
  • Options
    NoogsterNoogster Posts: 627 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:

I appreciate your comment because it isn't rude or distasteful like others, thank you honestly.
    It's not the waiting that's bothering me, its the fact that when pre-ordering the game back then isn't the game that is now. I feel like EA pushed themselves to a deadline they couldn't managed and the only people getting hurt is the fans who are buying this.
    I still do have both of the sims 1 and 2 and the sims 2 was my favorite. I'll probably do play with it but it's going to take hours to download which will be difficult to find the time to do that.

that's true, but hey I'm sure it's worth it! I've been contemplating installing my old sims 2 games now, even though its almost 4 am :lol:

As for your post, it was a little strong for a complaint and there's a few arguments brewing, but try to settle down with like, some hot chocolate or tea (I love tea!!) and maybe install just the base game of The Sims 2? Whenever I'm a little heated up The Sims has never let me down. 8)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    lol im literally laughing right now. How is it threatening, when it's already canceled. I don't understand why people are upset over me not paying 80 dollars to a company that isn't even theirs.

That doesn't make anyone spoiled but expressing their feelings towards a game they were excited about. Like you seem sincerely upset as if I'm taking profit away from you. If you don't like what you're reading why do you bother?

I assure you that the only one of us who is upset here is you. I'm actually dumbfounded by how upset you are over not getting a demo to a video game that everyone will receive eventually, to the point where it was the "last straw" that is causing you to cancel an order. As far as you actually canceling your preorder? I could not possibly care less if, or what, you pay to any company for any product. But understand that the only thing promised to you when you preordered was the limited edition content. You weren't promised toddlers, or pools, and you certainly weren't promised a CAS demo. And you still don't seem to have a full grasp on what the word "random" means. This reminds me of the current World of Warcraft beta, where the first wave of beta invites was "directed primarily at WoW veterans" and the forums shortly thereafter exploded with a wave of "this is unfair, I've been playing since 2004, have all of the games ever made by this company and I didn't get an invite!" :roll: Yes, I did say spoiled and entitled. That's exactly what someone is who cries over the fact that they aren't getting exactly their way, now, now, now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

I agree its not the opening post that seems to be the main problem but the following which all appear defensive and like tantrum like. at least to me thats how it seems.

I didn't mention the demo being the main reason why. If you look, the first response I got was mainly about the demo Thats why the demo is contentiously being talked about because thats all these other posters seem to focus on.
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    So... they remove tons of features from the game but your good, then you happen to not be one of the first to get the demo from a RANDOM draw and THAT'S what made you not what the game? I think the game is crap but if you were excited up until the demo thing, I mean, it's still the same game...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CynMorally wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:

I assure you that the only one of us who is upset here is you. I'm actually dumbfounded by how upset you are over not getting a demo to a video game that everyone will receive eventually, to the point where it was the "last straw" that is causing you to cancel an order. As far as you actually canceling your preorder? I could not possibly care less if, or what, you pay to any company for any product. But understand that the only thing promised to you when you preordered was the limited edition content. You weren't promised toddlers, or pools, and you certainly weren't promised a CAS demo. And you still don't seem to have a full grasp on what the word "random" means. This reminds me of the current World of Warcraft beta, where the first wave of beta invites was "directed primarily at WoW veterans" and the forums hortly thereafter exploded with a wave of "this is unfair, I've been playing since 2004, have all of the games ever made by this company and I didn't get an invite!" :roll: Yes, I did say spoiled and entitled. That's exactly what someone is who cries over the fact that they aren't getting exactly their way, now, now, now.

Duh, I'm upset I've clearly stated that already thanking for repeating me.
    Once again, the main reason isn't the demo people just choose to post here about the demo. No one asked what my reasons and just assuming it's solely because of a CAS demo that I couldn't care less about. It's annoying that random fans who got messages being called dedicated fans is ridiculous. Like what's the point on giving a portion of people just to divide. I understand random, THATS WHY THE ARGUEMENT BEFORE WAS THEIR POOR CHOICE OF VOCABULARY. Now you're just making stuff up, like either read so you don't make false accusations or don't even bother. But EA did say that all life stages were going to be in the game but now they're aren't... So yeah. Cool story.

Aren't getting their way? As if I'm demanding something. I just refuse to waste 80 dollars on empty promises and a crappy company who changes their story to their fans. Just don't say one thing about a product and then not deliver.