Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canceling Pre-Order???

Comments

• Options
    Hannamez8Hannamez8 Posts: 71 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Alysha1988 wrote:
    So... they remove tons of features from the game but your good, then you happen to not be one of the first to get the demo from a RANDOM draw and THAT'S what made you not what the game? I think the game is crap but if you were excited up until the demo thing, I mean, it's still the same game...

Did I say I was good that they removed a lot of features? Don't put words in my mouth. No I wasn't excited, I was already thinking of canceling before I even knew a demo existed. But when they gave it out to "random" fans and their message to the fans explaining about toddlers/pool was just phony.
  • Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:
    It's not that we're upset over you canceling it and declaring it to the world,
    (which is really unneccesary)

it's more about you sounding like you're complaining. You may argue you're not, but your first post obviously stated the following:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe verison and from many reasons why you can guess why I'm canceling plus as a fan since the sims 1, collector of all sims 2, and almost all of sims 3 but ITF and Katy Perry and I somehow is not a "dedicated fan" enough to get the demo. The demo is not the reason, the demo was the last straw.

I also know you said the demo is not the reason but it clearly sounds like it..

Why you're trying to yell at people, I don't get. We just stated that the demo is random because we think you sound like you canceled your pre-order because you did NOT recieve the demo.

I agree its not the opening post that seems to be the main problem but the following which all appear defensive and like tantrum like. at least to me thats how it seems.

I didn't mention the demo being the main reason why. If you look, the first response I got was mainly about the demo Thats why the demo is contentiously being talked about because thats all these other posters seem to focus on.

yes I did look :mrgreen: before I posted that is plus I can read and I've been watching this thread. I saw how your opening post could have been seen as complaining and that the first person to respond could make that mistake. I then saw your responses that seem tantrum like and the behavior that followed. :mrgreen:
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

it's more about you sounding like you're complaining. You may argue you're not, but your first post obviously stated the following:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    I pre-ordered the Deluxe verison and from many reasons why you can guess why I'm canceling plus as a fan since the sims 1, collector of all sims 2, and almost all of sims 3 but ITF and Katy Perry and I somehow is not a "dedicated fan" enough to get the demo. The demo is not the reason, the demo was the last straw.

Why you're trying to yell at people, I don't get. We just stated that the demo is random because we think you sound like you canceled your pre-order because you did NOT recieve the demo.

I agree its not the opening post that seems to be the main problem but the following which all appear defensive and like tantrum like. at least to me thats how it seems.

I didn't mention the demo being the main reason why. If you look, the first response I got was mainly about the demo Thats why the demo is contentiously being talked about because thats all these other posters seem to focus on.

yes I did look :mrgreen: before I posted that is plus I can read and I've been watching this thread. I saw how your opening post could have been seen as complaining and that the first person to respond could make that mistake. I then saw your responses that seem tantrum like and the behavior that followed. :mrgreen:

So me laughing at the word random to my first response is throwing a trantrum?
    Lol, okay then. It had nothing to do with the poster I was simply laughing at EA's actions.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Noogster wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Noogster wrote:
    I don't like being a sassy tumblr user but seriously, can you not?

A handful of users just told to you that it is a faulty randomized system, and people who don't even play previous sims games are recieving it in their dashboards on origin.

Just be patient, and wait like the rest of us. :lol:

As for your earlier arguments, it's true, ea isn't the best with their money currently but there isn't a point in fighting it out anymore because the game is two months from release. It's likely they will not be delaying it unless someone can scrounge up a couple hundred thousand buckaroos!

Do you have The Sims 2? How about The Sims 1? try playing those to get some nostalgia flowing and maybe you'll either get the invitation or it'll already be the 12th of August. :)

I appreciate your comment because it isn't rude or distasteful like others, thank you honestly.
    It's not the waiting that's bothering me, its the fact that when pre-ordering the game back then isn't the game that is now. I feel like EA pushed themselves to a deadline they couldn't managed and the only people getting hurt is the fans who are buying this.
    I still do have both of the sims 1 and 2 and the sims 2 was my favorite. I'll probably do play with it but it's going to take hours to download which will be difficult to find the time to do that.

that's true, but hey I'm sure it's worth it! I've been contemplating installing my old sims 2 games now, even though its almost 4 am :lol:

As for your post, it was a little strong for a complaint and there's a few arguments brewing, but try to settle down with like, some hot chocolate or tea (I love tea!!) and maybe install just the base game of The Sims 2? Whenever I'm a little heated up The Sims has never let me down. 8)

Thank you, and yeah I'll try that tomorrow if I have time. I'm honestly fine, it's just people only want to focus and nitpick on my comments. But it's whatever, at the end of the day I just saved 80 dollars on a game that I would of been honestly not excited about.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

Lol, okay then. It had nothing to do with the poster I was simply laughing at EA's actions.

no i'm saying it appeared tantrum like. why i hate text based stuff a persons tone always comes off different. and it was not just that poster but your responses appear snarky and rude. again I could be wrong and you may not mean to come off that way. I do not think a lack of a demo should be the last straw for a game but that is my personal opinion and it is not my money but yours.
  • Options
    CynMorallyCynMorally Posts: 107 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EA did say that all life stages were going to be in the game but now they're aren't... So yeah.
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    empty promises and a crappy company who changes their story

The game is IN DEVELOPMENT. Things change. Be thankful they're not posting actual patch notes every week or two like many games in alpha/beta do, or you'd give yourself a coronary over the sheer amount of things you would end up falsely convincing yourself were "promised" to you and taken away.

As for me, there really is no point in arguing further with socially inept twelve year olds on an internet forum... :roll:
  • Options
    DuncarinDuncarin Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't have it pre-ordered yet. I'm in the UK so i get to see at least 24hrs of the game running for real before i have to pay up. Unless the game is a complete technical disaster (constant crashes etc) i will be buying it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    CynMorally wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EA did say that all life stages were going to be in the game but now they're aren't... So yeah.
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    empty promises and a crappy company who changes their story

The game is IN DEVELOPMENT. Things change. Be thankful they're not posting actual patch notes every week or two like many games in alpha/beta do, or you'd give yourself a coronary over the sheer amount of things you would end up falsely convincing yourself were "promised" to you and taken away.

As for me, there really is no point in arguing further with socially inept twelve year olds on an internet forum... :roll:

Then easily state that, don't say on record that there will be one thing and then flip the script. As for you, you really brought nothing to this thread so I'm glad you're leaving with your wack personal remarks and lol socially inept 12 year old? Was that suppose to be harsh, do you feel better about yourself? pathetic. You can try and make yourself look/feel like the better person when you already stated your comments on this thread and attempted to argue with this "socially inept twelve year olds" Over their opinion and You were the one personally hurt by it, clearly. Makes no sense for one to get bitter over someone canceling their sims 4 game. You didn't even argue with my points, all you did was type in insults as if you're witty and ignore my comments on EA's mistakes. Go ahead feel good about trying to back up a crappy company. Points 4 you.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Duncarin wrote:
    I don't have it pre-ordered yet. I'm in the UK so i get to see at least 24hrs of the game running for real before i have to pay up. Unless the game is a complete technical disaster (constant crashes etc) i will be buying it.

That's good, you don't have to feel tempted into buying a game without knowing how it works.
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    I guess I am more concerned about the game then I am the demo. I didn't get it either. So what. I will get it in August. If you are going to cancel your preorder do it for the right reason. Because you are no longer interested in the game because of whatever reason you have. The demo is only the last straw if you are jealous because you didn't get it. Personally, I think there are bigger things out there to be upset about rather then that.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

no i'm saying it appeared tantrum like. why i hate text based stuff a persons tone always comes off different. and it was not just that poster but your responses appear snarky and rude. again I could be wrong and you may not mean to come off that way. I do not think a lack of a demo should be the last straw for a game but that is my personal opinion and it is not my money but yours.

Didn't mean to come off rude, I'm a sarcastic person in real life so it may be hard to show it/deliver it with my writing style-at the time of night it is right now and other stuff going on-on this forum. It's the fact that they send messages that include the words "dedicated fans" that threw me off. I know this has been cleared up but that is what I meant by my last straw. That it didn't seem so random to me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I guess I am more concerned about the game then I am the demo. I didn't get it either. So what. I will get it in August. If you are going to cancel your preorder do it for the right reason. Because you are no longer interested in the game because of whatever reason you have. The demo is only the last straw if you are jealous because you didn't get it. Personally, I think there are bigger things out there to be upset about rather then that.

If you read my other replies you would know I'm not jealous, and I'm actually tired of repeating myself right now. So I don't feel like repeating myself once again. My reasons are them taking out things that were liked in the sims 3 and removing them in the sims 4, things that were said to be in the sims 4 and come to find out aren't in the sims 4 anymore.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

Didn't mean to come off rude, I'm a sarcastic person in real life so it may be hard to show it/deliver it with my writing style-at the time of night it is right now and other stuff going on-on this forum. It's the fact that they send messages that include the words "dedicated fans" that threw me off. I know this has been cleared up but that is what I meant by my last straw. That it didn't seem so random to me.

no its I think the right word might be buzz words...to make that person who received it feel special. The demo send out is random from what we are lead to believe. I didn't get it yet but am not pre ordering till I find out specs. but please try having a more nicer tone. When your not appearing tantrum like as in other posts you seem very nice. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thats fine if you dont want the game.

Anyway I didnt get the demo either. Im not happy about it but its ok, pretty soon Ill get to play the game in september and Ill forget all about the demo.

As for the game Im disapointed that there are no toddlers, but theres still reasons I want the game and plan on getting it. But thats just me. If you dont want the game anymore thats fine.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Then just cancel your preorder. You don't really need to make a thread about that do you? I wouldn't. But that is just me. Being rude to people on this thread is not going to change anything. Have a nice life.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    Then just cancel your preorder. You don't really need to make a thread about that do you? I wouldn't. But that is just me. Being rude to people on this thread is not going to change anything. Have a nice life.

If you could read then maybe you would of known that's been done already, you're really just repeating nothing new here so you'er comments bring nothing for me. Rude comments? Are you talking about me? Lol are you seriously telling me that I'VE made rude comments, and not these other posters? Okay, now you're reaching real hard. My life is nice, no need to tell me.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    RANDOM my a**!
    Then why does the message say "dedicated fans" that doesn't sound RANDOM to me!

They lied. I heard a swedish person on youtube who doesn't even play the sims got the demo (don't know the full details since I only heard of it). But I just find it ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    EmmaLeen wrote:

Hannamez8 wrote:

no its I think the right word might be buzz words...to make that person who received it feel special. The demo send out is random from what we are lead to believe. I didn't get it yet but am not pre ordering till I find out specs. but please try having a more nicer tone. When your not appearing tantrum like as in other posts you seem very nice. :mrgreen:

I'm honestly not even throiwng a tantrum, like I may say the words upset but literally I as of right now I couldn't care less about this company but I felt the need to say my peace before I leave (paying my money) for this franchise which is nothing wrong for me to express. EA should know that their are many fans who are upset, even read some of the simsvip comments, with the way this game is being delivered and the back and forth with the words. I just had it and I wrote my saying, people responded and I replied and I actually listened to what they wrote unlike a few people here who truly can't read, and or make personal remarks. And I get called the person with the tantrum? I haven't spammed and I gave the same attitude that people give to me so if someone doesn't like it then they need to re-think their decision and not blame me. If you look the people having a hard time with me are honestly upset as if they're losing money and the fact they don't even make legit reasoning comments, all they do is nitpick the word demo AS IF THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON show's lack of argument points as they need to make comments like "socially inept 12 year old" "spoiled brat" "nice language" "have a nice life" ect. Just shows how immature they are to need to take it that far. I haven't made any uncalled for insults and replied back to every one of their points, but they fail to answer mine and continue to insult... But I'm still the one throwing the tantrum? If so, then I honestly don't care.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I I just don't understand why they didn't just give it to reviewers? Like wasn't the reason to give the demo out to certain people is too see their feedback? So why give it to, like the person you mentioned, who never even played the game and have no back ground logic about the sims? But whatever, that's what they want to do then I guess.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:

How many of you canceled your pre-order?

ThankS, EA. I now believe why you get the award for worst company.

I can read just fine. You said you were canceling your preorder. Not that you had done it. But, whatever.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hannamez8 wrote:
    This is just stupid, by giving it to random people for what? I understand reviewers but random fans WHO CAN PROBABLY JUST BUY THE BASE GAME is just ridiculous when the message wanna say "dedicated fans". Like c'mon now. I don't even know if I can change my mind, with them leaving out basic stuff especially the no open world is sad. They change their words back and forth so I honestly will have to wait and see reviewers before I bother to give EA any money they deserve. Which is most likely ZERO CENTS.

You clearly have zero understanding of how the gaming industry works and its very sad that you take that out on people here.

World of Warcraft does the exact same thing during beta testing. if you sign up,invites are completely random and MANY go without even getting one. this is NO different and your anger will NOT change that. you will STILL not get it (the beta testing invite anyway) and all you will do is make an a@@ of yourself here. WOW still wont change either,no matter who flames their disappointment over not getting an invite. Plain and Simple. and No, i dont feel bad if you can not accept facts. And to think EA is STILL going to release the demo to people like you after the beta testing is done. rather disgusting.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited July 2014
    For the record, the email doesn't say anything about "dedicated fans."

As a dedicated The Sims™ 3 player, we're inviting you to try an early version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo. The purpose of this trial is to perform a number of system-related tests in preparation for our game launch and to gather your feedback on our new game.

You have been specifically selected for this trial because of your experience with The Sims 3 and because you have opted-in to receive communications from EA.

I bolded the pertinent phrases. I don't know if that will make you feel any better since I'm sure you are a dedicated TS3 player but since they need to test things like server capacity, they aren't going to be letting every fan jump on at once or they'll just end up with a hot mess to unravel. Hopefully you'll get access to the demo in the next wave of invites.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thing with most of these posts are peoplethreaten to cancel thinking EA are suddenly going to give them the code so they don't loose their custom.
    The likelihood of that happening is slim.
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    lol. I can't cancel my preorder even if I wanted to. It was off a visa gift card that I already threw away. I'm getting ts4 if I want it of not.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited July 2014
    I got the demo and it is very basic but that's the whole point in a DEMO it's for people to tell EA what this they would like to see in the really game so what if only a few people have been picked even if I wasn't lucky enough to get a shot of the demo I would still be buying coz I'm a Sim fan