Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else get their demo code today?

Comments

• Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's really hard not to feel left out when I keep seeing the threads of the great sims people are making in the demo. I keep trying to stay positive and not obsess, but I've been failing miserably. I even dreamt last night that I got the demo but people kept pulling me away from my computer so I never got to use it. I've been playing Sims religiously for 13 years now (wow) and I'll stick around for as long as they make games, but waiting for this demo is really starting to stress me out. They need to release it for everyone. I understand why they haven't, but the demo feedback is the most positive reaction fans have had for the Sims 4 in months. They really need good publicity and making the true fans stress like this isn't really helping.
    Anywho, I'll keep waiting and hoping. I'm looking forward to the game and I really can't wait. =]
    I also had a dream last night that I got the demo. It's ok. *Pats back*
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's really hard not to feel left out when I keep seeing the threads of the great sims people are making in the demo. I keep trying to stay positive and not obsess, but I've been failing miserably. I even dreamt last night that I got the demo but people kept pulling me away from my computer so I never got to use it. I've been playing Sims religiously for 13 years now (wow) and I'll stick around for as long as they make games, but waiting for this demo is really starting to stress me out. They need to release it for everyone. I understand why they haven't, but the demo feedback is the most positive reaction fans have had for the Sims 4 in months. They really need good publicity and making the true fans stress like this isn't really helping.
    Anywho, I'll keep waiting and hoping. I'm looking forward to the game and I really can't wait. =]
    Seems there were a lot of people who dreamed about the demo last night o_o
  • Options
    natpat100natpat100 Posts: 223 Member
    edited July 2014
    90 pages and still no demo
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope no demo nd i amrefreshing my origin on regular base unless i am playing a game so technicly i am still waiting

k9jpjp.jpg

If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    itz_jake_16itz_jake_16 Posts: 222 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope the next wave is soon, and you all get in, or at least 99.99% of you!
  • Options
    acidsugar112acidsugar112 Posts: 733 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope you all understand it is just a demo of CAS not any gameplay...yes you can create a sim and upload it to the gallery but you do not get to actually play TS4...I know everyone would like to test it out but you are going to make yourselves sick doing this...just go play TS3 or go out to the park...or hang with some friends...it cannot be healthy to obsess over a demo like this...

Some people have the demo and are showing it...if you really want to see go check it out...then move on...this is very sad...being angry at who got the demo and trying to speculate on why is not going to help you at all...the demo will be released for everyone at the end of the summer...just focus on then and do what you normally would on the weekend...the demo will be released soon enough for everyone to look at...but as I said...it is just the CAS and only YA that is all...no gameplay.
    the_joker_illustration-t2.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope we all get it
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    JEE! I loaded my old account and I thought this could be it, but no TS2 Store Edition? what was that even. I have no idea. :shock:
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    LOVE_LOCKDOWNLOVE_LOCKDOWN Posts: 324 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope you all understand it is just a demo of CAS not any gameplay...yes you can create a sim and upload it to the gallery but you do not get to actually play TS4...I know everyone would like to test it out but you are going to make yourselves sick doing this...just go play TS3 or go out to the park...or hang with some friends...it cannot be healthy to obsess over a demo like this...

Some people have the demo and are showing it...if you really want to see go check it out...then move on...this is very sad...being angry at who got the demo and trying to speculate on why is not going to help you at all...the demo will be released for everyone at the end of the summer...just focus on then and do what you normally would on the weekend...the demo will be released soon enough for everyone to look at...but as I said...it is just the CAS and only YA that is all...no gameplay.

We know thats its only YA. We know everything you mentioned. I dont feel why you felt the need to post this. It is a little insensitive.
    http://sir-greendown.tumblr.com/
    2i0aybc.jpg

To find these sims4 creations type SOULB1 under origin ID.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Yeah well sorry we didn't all get the demo!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

*facepalm*
  • Options
    edited July 2014

We know it's only CAS but some of us have wanted this for a very long time and for many of us, looking at other people's pics makes us want it even more. It would have been fine if EA had done a secret beta or a sign up sheet for us, instead they are being vague and frequently ignoring us.

As for what I normally do at the weekend, gaming plays a significant role in that, and I've been following the Sims franchise for a while. I'm naturally interested in the demo and would like to play it. :)

EDIT - wow, I hit 3000 posts! :)
  • Options
    MissPrimadonaMissPrimadona Posts: 70 Member
    edited July 2014

Walk a mile in our demo-less shoes and then we'll talk. We're all aware that all you can do is create sims and upload them to the gallery. I'm sure we've all seen the numerous demo videos on YouTube and seen the beautiful creations other simmers have made--that only makes us want it more. Hope you are enjoying your demo! :)
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Indeed, and people telling us we are obsessing over it, just the same way they will be expect that they have the demo and we don't. :roll:

I know it's just CAS mode and just YA, but that's exciting enough as it is. It's a new way of making sims without sliders and we haven't experienced that yet, and videos can only do so much. [and often end up making you feel worse because you want to just jump in and get started yourself]

tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sure i am Happy for those that did get the sims4 create a sims demo but, you need to think that there are alot of simmers also waiting to get the demo. So Please show a little bit of compasion to the simmers waiting to recived there sims4 create a sims demo, me the main reason i am waiting for the demo is it will pass my time while waiting for september 2. And create the sims familys i will went to play in advance.

k9jpjp.jpg
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    TigresslullabyTigresslullaby Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Seems there were a lot of people who dreamed about the demo last night o_o

Good to see I'm not the only one. My fiance thinks I'm crazy because I can't stop talking about it.
    And to the people saying "It's just a demo and not even complete", yeah, we know. For me my favorite part has always been making the sims themselves so this is what I'm looking forward to most in the game. Might seem odd to some people, but to each their own.
    Origin id: DontBlink21

=] Happy Simming!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    But this thread is still going. The question was asked on the 10th. This is the 12th. So, those still posting, the questions was did you get your demo on 'today' The 10th. And most didn't. So, why carry on? It's looong, and pointless now. It's the 12th. it's not 'today' as in on the 10th. EA will give everybody in the world a chance to download the CAS demo soon enough. It is a beta test (few are chosen).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited July 2014
    xf6qmE.gif

*waits nervously again*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    But this thread is still going. The question was asked on the 10th. This is the 12th. So, those still posting, the questions was did you get your demo on 'today' The 10th. And most didn't. So, why carry on? It's looong, and pointless now. It's the 12th. it's not 'today' as in on the 10th. EA will give everybody in the world a chance to download the CAS demo soon enough. It is a beta test (few are chosen).

Fine. If someone could change the title, that would be great... :roll:
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2014
    Some hope that the more longer this thread gets the more chance we'll have more people from EA/Origin notice simmer's needs.
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

Fine. If someone could change the title, that would be great... :roll:

:P Agreed. Maybe it should read, "Have you gotten the Demo, yet?" or something because it is 90 pages long already. :P
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    Some hope that the more longer this thread gets the more chance we'll have more people from EA/Origin notice simmer's needs.

:? Bless your heart, about as much chance as those of us wanting them to delay the game and do it right.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully they will at least see that we aren't going to magically stop expressing our concerns.
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:

:? Bless your heart, about as much chance as those of us wanting them to delay the game and do it right.

Also why make a new thread about the same/similar thing?
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Azarinop2 wrote:
    Cinebar wrote:
    Azarinop2 wrote:

Also why make a new thread about the same/similar thing?

My point exactly! Then we'd have people complaining that we did a double thread.