Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA needs to rename this thing and start over

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AsuraAsura Posts: 300 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know you are all disappointed, but QUIT asking for something so unrealistic. EA would have to go bankrupt if they were to do that. As a company, they would publish it even if it was pure garbage. Face it - nothing will change.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited July 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    faytheful wrote:
    I completely agree. This should be The Sims Tactile Edition, and The Sims 4 should be built from scratch. (I can dream) After I decided not to buy on release day I thought the game could be improved later on, but things like CAST, bigger worlds without loading screens and story progression cannot simply be patched in. Even if they add pools, toddlers and who knows what else at a later date, these limitations are what we're stuck with. Now, I'm not sure I'll ever buy this game.

Speaking of loading screens, I was playing Sims 2 yesterday & almost died of boredom with the length of time it took to load. And the loading screens we have to go through to add different worlds like the shopping district, downtown & vacation destinations.
    I spent most of my time in the loading screens. And since the game is full screen I couldn't play another game while waiting. I was about to pull out my hair.
    Then I thought of Sims 4.........

:lol: You really have to play TS2 in windowed mode. The game takes something like 15 minutes to load with all my CC, so I always keep something to read in another window. You get used to it, if that's any consolation? :D
    yea going to have to try that. I usually play another game while Sims 3 is loading.
    So I will have to change Sims 2 to windows mode because after Sims 3 two loading screens in the beginning I think I got spoiled :-)
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:
    faytheful wrote:
    It's depressing to know EA is alienating some of the game's fans & basically running them off from their gaming experience with this particular game.
    EA has to know what they are doing because its being voiced here & other places on the internet.
    Yet they still persist in going through with it. This is puzzling to me as well as they have to know they're
    going to lose revenue. And why would a company deliberately choose to lose revenue ?
    This doesn't make sense to me.

They made the Sims Medieval. They made 2 and stopped! That sits on my shelf doing nothing. Maybe this is what will happen with Sims 4 and then they can go on and make a better Sims 5. This one sounds to me like a bust, they should just scrap it and start all over again. But with the new demos and game play I could be wrong.

"They made the Sims Medieval. They made 2 and stopped !"
    Yea doesn't make sense to me. I bought Sims Medieval for a dl & had to have my money returned to me
    because they gave me the wrong game & when I called EA to let them know, rather than giving me the right game, they gave me money back. So I guess the game was discontinued.
    Again, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why they would make games then discontinue them or a certain series then stop midstream. That's just wasting money.
    I have no idea what is going to happen with Sims 4 since so many are unhappy...
    I think the only thing we can do is sit back & wait to see what EA sales results are after
    the game is released. That is about the only way to really tell if the game is a flop or not.