Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be willing to buy a toddler's XP if?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    No. Hell no.

I refuse to pay extra for something that should have been in the base game. That goes for pools as well.
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I'll wait for the Toddlers EP to be in the dollar bin at GameStop to get it. I ain't paying full price for something that by all rights ought to have been in the base game. Period. They can spin it any way 'til Sunday, I ain't buying their excuses.

This!

I am waiting for all the iterations of this series to go bargain prices, if I still hold an interest in the game. I haven't been so disappointed by the Sims team before and now I am using the money I am saving by not buying on release for charities and probably a serious kickstarter game. I am sad not to be part of a Sims series, but I refuse to support this mess.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,581 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kamb64 wrote:
    I am not paying for what we were supposed to have already.

Paying for it is one thing. I don't want to have to wait nearly a year for it. And that's if they make it the first EP, which I doubt they'd do. I'd much rather they patch toddlers in, once they get their coding all finished.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simmadness24simmadness24 Posts: 828 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be buying a toddler's EP regardless of what goes in it. So as long as there's toddlers lol. I think they're cute and sad they won't be in the base game but I got over it and will be getting it anyway.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    No. Hell no.

I refuse to pay extra for something that should have been in the base game. That goes for pools as well.

Toddlers are a key part of human development; it's the toddler stage when humans start learning about the world and testing their limits. They should be part of the Sims automatically, no EP needed -- then to expand interactions there can be an EP similar to Generations that expanded interactions for all age groups.

Pools, on the other hand, could be handled in an EP if they give us something new that's never been in any other Sims game -- I'm thinking of variable depth pools and different height diving boards/platforms. Sims would have to learn to swim -- they wouldn't automatically be born with the skill. They'd start by wading in shallow water, then graduate to a little deeper, then finally able to swim in deep water. Different flavors of swimming: recreational swim which increases Fun faster but Athletic slower, and lap swimming that increases Athletic faster but Fun slower. Add in a bunch of different pool toys and activities (water polo, pool volleyball, etc.), maybe even add wading pools if it comes out after toddlers are added. That would be the kind of major change that would justify an EP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Zppy972Zppy972 Posts: 568 Member
    edited July 2014
    No I want toddlers patch in.
  • Options
    FrostFlowerFrostFlower Posts: 42 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I would never buy an expansion for toddlers. I would, however, buy an expansion if it added toddlers AND preteens AND both life stages were fully fleshed out, not just an afterthought, AND it included significant content for the other ages as well.
  • Options
    benz0sbenz0s Posts: 271 Member
    edited July 2014
    "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" Is the quote I am giving to them. I am not going to pay for something that should and has naturally come with the game before. You can't sell me something that I should have been given in the first place.It's not looking too good for this game in my eyes.
    Excellently phrased.
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't buy an expansion just about toddlers. That would be stupid of EA to even consider making. It would have to be a family-oriented expansion and I would hope it adds tweens since the jump between child and teen is just too huge in TS4. Toddlers need to be vastly improved upon as well. They need more interactions and more stuff to do.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited July 2014
    I rarely play toddlers. I just age them up with a cake.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2014
    Just no. And no matter how people spin it, it is just greed if they did this.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    No. Simply put, no.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?