Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be willing to buy a toddler's XP if?

ยซ1
I was thinking about what it would take to get me buy an expansion pack for toddler's considering how I feel about them being cut. Frankly, it would be a lot. In addition to what we had; I would want the following options, to even consider purchasing an expansion for what I feel like should already be there. I don't mean just a toddler's xp; more like a more robust Generations.

1. Opening cabinets and banging on pots and pans.
2. Getting into toilets and trash.
3. Riding toys
4. Coloring and occasionally coloring on the walls.
5. Lots of clothing options. Osh kosh b'gosh, Baby Gap, and Carter's style.
6. Bubble baths and wading pools
7. baby swings
8. Useable rocking horse.
9. Lots of interactions with family, other children and toddlers and pets. When they are added.
10.Bath toys
11.Fear of storms

I know that many of you would never purchase an expansion for toddlers. But, if you would consider buying one, what would you want added?

edited: to clarify meaning.

Comments

• Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't buy a XP just for the toddlers.
  • Options
    SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited July 2014
    "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" Is the quote I am giving to them. I am not going to pay for something that should and has naturally come with the game before. You can't sell me something that I should have been given in the first place.It's not looking too good for this game in my eyes.
  • Options
    AoralysAoralys Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    "I myself love playing with and developing children in my Sims games. That being said, I can completely understand, for people who are not interested in family life, how tedious child rearing in the Sims' games can be. I have also seen many posts of people hoping to have far more child interactions, such interactions which may really annoy those of you who want little or nothing to do with child rearing. For this reason, I am ok with the removal of toddlers for now in the hopes that they will dedicate a whole expansion to truly fleshing out children and children's activities for those who crave more while keeping them separate for people who feel bogged down by raising Sim kids. In the long run it would make more people happy, those that want to devote half a game to all things children can have the expansion and those who want nothing to do with more raising children can steer clear of it."

This is a comment I just posted in another forum. I could see EA making the decision to cut toddlers in the base game but add them back in an expansion at a later date as a means to please more people. Sure it may seem like an affront to those who like toddlers at first, but there are more opinions out there, and maybe it truly was a decision made to make more people happy and not less. I may have wishful thinking that this was the reasoning and that there really is a whole expansion dedicated to children and family activities on the planning board I'm just going to wait and see.
  • Options
    cord7cord7 Posts: 29 Member
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't because I'm not even buying the base game,
    and knowing EA the toddlers would still be worse then in 2

who can play in toilets, have bubble baths, can actuality interact with other toddlers and child sims (child sims can even talk to infants when someone's holding the infant) can try to hug pets only to like there strangling them, has a hug interaction called huggle with other toddlers, can play some games with child sims, can learn nursery rimes form sims child and up, can play peek a boo with sims child and up, and of course could be taught to walk, talk, and be potty trained by sims teen and up. I'm pretty sure i forgot some interactions.

In free time the activity table was added where toddler and child sims could play with blocks and draw pictures (so could they not draw with the one in 3?) and other stuff i forget. Then in apartment life when play equipment other then a swing set was added toddlers got a spring rider witch i think was what was cloned to make the rocking horse i saw on mod the sims.

So most of that list was in the sims 2 (the spring rider for rocking horse) and for clothing options i think there are more in the base game 2 then 3

Edit: I forgot about how toddlers would sometimes dance if a radio/stereo was on, but you can make them they have to do it by them selfs
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would buy an EP just for toddlers because I do think they would include more gameplay for toddlers that has not been there in the past. People need to understand, EA is a business at the end of the day and if they had to cut a life-stage, I can certainly see why it would be the toddlers (just look at the uproar it caused). Toddlers are the one thing people would be willing to play. TS3 had many fans seeing red and claiming they would never play (myself included), but eventually many of those fans got just as hooked to TS3.

As long as EA includes more gameplay, making toddlers be a bit more like a real toddler, then I would definitely purchase an expansion to include them.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am not paying for what we were supposed to have already.
  • Options
    DesiraiDesirai Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll buy it just because I've already bought every other Sims expansion.. Sims 4 won't be any different.
    What if I told you.. you don't have to have 98723987297 animated GIFs in your signatures!?!??
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'd CONSIDER buying it if toddlers are a minor part of a big expansion pack. Not the major part.
  • Options
    mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not buying the base so wouldn't buy and EP with them either. I don't think you will ever see them added. I think they would need to make a change to the base coding to do it. It wouldn't be a minor thing to do. Just don't see it.
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    I'd CONSIDER buying it if toddlers are a minor part of a big expansion pack. Not the major part.

Yes, I should have said that. I personally would be offended if they came just as a toddler's xp, and was thinking more along the lines of a more fleshed out generations.
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    No and ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ no.

I do not care if it came with all the bells and whistles.

I will not pay for something that was suppose to be in the base game then be told later, "No sorry, no toddlers."

IF E.A. does come out with a Toddler expansion pack, they can take it and stick it where the sun does not shine.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    "Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine" Is the quote I am giving to them. I am not going to pay for something that should and has naturally come with the game before. You can't sell me something that I should have been given in the first place.It's not looking too good for this game in my eyes.

Well said.
  • Options
    WissaWolfWissaWolf Posts: 636 Member
    edited July 2014
    Put it in through a patch. If they think they must make an expansion for it, then it shouldn't be one revolving just on toddlers. Maybe something like Generations, with toddlers as an addition, not one of the main features. For something like pools, it could be added in Seasons or Vacation. These should be one of the first expansions made, as they include necessities.

People who buy these expansions will be the first to get back the omitted features, but soon other people will have basic stuff like tots and pools in base game through patching. Like you know how they exclusively advertised memories for Generations, but now everyone has them whether or not they own that game? Same with breast slider from Late Night.

They should try to make these pools and toddlers the best they can, to make up for the fact they left them out.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited July 2014
    Dezmeria wrote:

I will not pay for something that was suppose to be in the base game then be told later, "No sorry, no toddlers."

IF E.A. does come out with a Toddler expansion pack, they can take it and stick it where the sun does not shine.

This sounds highly unbelievable.
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    Dezmeria wrote:

This sounds highly unbelievable.

I am the type of person to where if I say "NO" I mean "No" there is nothing that can be said or done to change my mind.

Yes, I am THAT stubborn. :P
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll wait for the Toddlers EP to be in the dollar bin at GameStop to get it. I ain't paying full price for something that by all rights ought to have been in the base game. Period. They can spin it any way 'til Sunday, I ain't buying their excuses.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2014
    They would need to patch the game free to add the new life stage(hopefully at some point a tween stage also). An additional Family type to Exp pack would be fine.
  • Options
    MulhollandGenMulhollandGen Posts: 22
    edited July 2014
    Yes.

When it hits the 5 dollar bin at Walmart.
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    Goth583 wrote:
    I would buy an EP just for toddlers because I do think they would include more gameplay for toddlers that has not been there in the past. People need to understand, EA is a business at the end of the day and if they had to cut a life-stage, I can certainly see why it would be the toddlers (just look at the uproar it caused). Toddlers are the one thing people would be willing to play. TS3 had many fans seeing red and claiming they would never play (myself included), but eventually many of those fans got just as hooked to TS3.

As long as EA includes more gameplay, making toddlers be a bit more like a real toddler, then I would definitely purchase an expansion to include them.

It would have made more since for them to take out YA not toddlers. I will not buy an EP for what should have been in the game in the first place. Put them in a free patch and make an EP with everything the OP stated and I might consider buying it then.
  • Options
    solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    edited July 2014
    There is not amount of content that would make me spend extra money on something that should have been included in the base game. I am tired of the money hungry company that is EA. I will not buy an expansion just to get toddlers! That is BS!!!!
  • Options
    MissTexasBMissTexasB Posts: 372 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would be willing to buy a generations type EP that fleshes out children and elders plus adding toddlers with many of the things mentioned by the OP. But I refuse to pay opening day prices and have to buy an EP on top of it so that would have to come as a combo pack.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I'll wait for the Toddlers EP to be in the dollar bin at GameStop to get it. I ain't paying full price for something that by all rights ought to have been in the base game. Period. They can spin it any way 'til Sunday, I ain't buying their excuses.

^ This. You all can believe or not, doesn't really matter. I am not going to continue to be fleeced by EA. I look for them to go bankrupt within the next 10 years anyway.

ETA: This is considering I ever do decide to buy the base game of course.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:

That's how I feel. I wouldn't buy an EP based on toddlers....and they would have to be a minor part. I uninstalled Generations after a couple of weeks.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited July 2014
    Would I buy an ep dedicated to toddlers? Not a cats chance in Hell! Would I buy a mind blowing ep that reintroduced toddlers along with a load other good stuff, then yes. I'd prefer this as opposed to the store or even a patch because 1) the store is hideously overpriced and 2) I Iike to have a disk copy of everything! xD
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would a long as it comes with loads of new interactions and objects
    My origin id is sim2011