Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Everyone needs to chill out a little

I understand that for a lot of people, the things left out of TS4 like toddlers, pools, CASt, etc are deal breakers and you are all upset. I'm a little disappointed about them too, especially CASt. However, the people on here who are berating people who still want to buy the game need to seriously cut it out. Treating people badly and calling them sheep and whatever else is not going to change anyone's mind. It will only make them dig their heels in more and want to buy it. The important thing is to make your opinions known to EA. I think everyone has definitely achieved that. Hopefully, if you plan on boycotting the game, there will be enough of you to make them pay attention and fix it. Everyone just needs to realize that everyone is going to have their own opinions and not be disrespectful to others who differ from you. Like seriously, all the fighting on this forum is getting ridiculous and honestly, what is it going to achieve???
Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
GqsONVc.gif

Comments

• Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    the last few week's a few people said this & pretty much got pitchforks & torches shown at them...while I agree it be nice to have some calmness on the forums it's not going to happen anytime soon
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    I 100% agree. Honestly, there is a lot of confusion going on and everyone is getting jumpy at this point.

For example, people think I am wrong to have an opinion regarding those that preorder the game. In fact, I am not. I am as free to my opinion as they are to preorder the game.

That said, I haven't suggested everyone go out and cancel their order. That's just silly. I did suggest giving all the news it would be "wise" to wait until unbiased review comes out. But I didn't start a thread with that stupid of a request. And again, that is just my opinion based off the facts I have learned regarding the game.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    frollo6060frollo6060 Posts: 295 Member
    edited July 2014
    This is the main reason why i don't come here anymore. I think the mods should just start closing and banning those who start flames wars it's gotten way out of hand
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    frollo6060 wrote:
    This is the main reason why i don't come here anymore. I think the mods should just start closing and banning those who start flames wars it's gotten way out of hand
    oh boy I would like to see quite a few people get a nice ban off of the forums lol...I agree it's gotten out of hand
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think this place is quite a bit calmer then what it was like 2 weeks ago
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    Treating people badly and calling them sheep and whatever else is not going to change anyone's mind. It will only make them dig their heels in more and want to buy it.
    LOL like your little speech is gonna change someone's mind about the game.
    If there was nothing to complain about people wouldn't be complaining.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    DezmeriaDezmeria Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited July 2014
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    I understand that for a lot of people, the things left out of TS4 like toddlers, pools, CASt, etc are deal breakers and you are all upset. I'm a little disappointed about them too, especially CASt. However, the people on here who are berating people who still want to buy the game need to seriously cut it out. Treating people badly and calling them sheep and whatever else is not going to change anyone's mind. It will only make them dig their heels in more and want to buy it. The important thing is to make your opinions known to EA. I think everyone has definitely achieved that. Hopefully, if you plan on boycotting the game, there will be enough of you to make them pay attention and fix it. Everyone just needs to realize that everyone is going to have their own opinions and not be disrespectful to others who differ from you. Like seriously, all the fighting on this forum is getting ridiculous and honestly, what is it going to achieve???

I am not trying to be rude, I really am not. But this just another thread complaining about the complainers.

I for one do not agree with how some people on here treat other people, but nothing can be done about it. IF I do respond, all it does is give them another target.

Best just to ignore those being disrespectful and move on, not give them another "playground."
  • Options
    MUEHARIMUEHARI Posts: 133 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    Treating people badly and calling them sheep and whatever else is not going to change anyone's mind. It will only make them dig their heels in more and want to buy it.

As much as I agree with you, you need to rephrase your sentence so it doesn't sound rude.
  • Options
    Simmer999Simmer999 Posts: 863 Member
    edited July 2014
    I agree that the rudeness towards each other is out of hand.
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    The important thing is to make your opinions known to EA. I think everyone has definitely achieved that

However, I'm not quite ready to believe that EA has heard us complain. Not until they tell us more about there decisions. We have heard why they don't have toddlers and pools. But I don't remember hearing about their decision cutting story progression, a fully open world, CASt, and more.
    EA never listens to the forums. They may look, but they don't listen. So the people who don't like how it's going need to keep screaming, just at EA, and not at the people who like the game.
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014
    LeslieM25 wrote:
    you are totally right :thumbup:
    I'm a little sad that every well-meant topic became a war. The negative became a little monotonous :?
    I like your topic and you got my support!
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    While I agree it is getting old everyone telling everyone else what to do these threads are also getting out of hand. With that being said I'm going to give my two cents. I too thought about making a complaining thread complaining about complainers complaining, BUT instead I decided to look to what I am excited about and started a thread on it. Now I got a few Debbie downers but I just ignored them and focused on the positives and that way the thread has stayed on track. It's pretty much disappeared now from the front couple pages but I got the feedback I wanted and people talking about the sims 4 in a good way! So imo the people who are tired of the complaints should create nice threads about stuff instead of doing the same thing they are upset over!

Please don't shoot me, just my opinion like I said :mrgreen:

- Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    mikmakermikmaker Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited July 2014

hihihihi likes this. If people would chill out than you wouldn't need to put that sentence in a little font.
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    frollo6060 wrote:

Fascinating, since all of the stuff like that I have seen has come from those defending their decision to buy, and complaining about all of us who say we aren't.

As for your other comment, well, they are already censoring virtually anything negative about the game, tot he point they couldn't pay me to play it now.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simmer999 wrote:
    I agree that the rudeness towards each other is out of hand.

However, I'm not quite ready to believe that EA has heard us complain. Not until they tell us more about there decisions. We have heard why they don't have toddlers and pools. But I don't remember hearing about their decision cutting story progression, a fully open world, CASt, and more.
    EA never listens to the forums. They may look, but they don't listen. So the people who don't like how it's going need to keep screaming, just at EA, and not at the people who like the game.

Obviously, you haven't had a chance to peruse this:

http://simsvip.com/ Scroll down to the blog.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LeslieM25LeslieM25 Posts: 2,766 Member
    edited July 2014
    Simpkin wrote:
    LeslieM25 wrote:

If you actually read what I said, I'm talking about how people are treating each other, not trying to change anyone's mind about the game.
    Come check out my poses and more on my Simblr!
    http://lesliem25.tumblr.com/
    GqsONVc.gif
  • Options
    allisoneg02allisoneg02 Posts: 2,870 Member
    edited July 2014
    mikmaker wrote:

hihihihi likes this. If people would chill out than you wouldn't need to put that sentence in a little font.

bahaha very true :wink:
    - Check out my youtube channel and my sims 4 legacy on tumblr-
    alliesim02
    The Scott Legacy
  • Options
    KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited July 2014
    nekobear wrote:
    the last few week's a few people said this & pretty much got pitchforks & torches shown at them...while I agree it be nice to have some calmness on the forums it's not going to happen anytime soon

villagers-torches-pitchforks-captioned1.jpg

:lol: