Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Basically only 2 life stages

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't see it as two life stages. Young adults and older adults look very similar in Sims 3, the only difference being whether you apply the older appearance in CAS. My Y/A sim got caught out marrying a sim I believed to be the same age, only to find him become an elder a couple of days later. I was surprised but it didn't bother me enough to complain about it.

In reality, all my children were taller than me by the time they were 13. My parents, aged 86 and 80 are not hunched up although they do walk slower than me but not that much slower because I'm an older adult myself. Also I don't have all those lines in my face that can appear in the faces of older adults in Sims 3.

I do think, though, that putting a little note under the name of a Sim would be a good idea and certainly wouldn't do any harm so you can scroll over it to see what life stage they belong to.

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kelleygirl wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    gmgar wrote:
    If CAS is so whatever they saying ...grab and pull...all sims can be made to look the same.

Get rid of the babyfat in the teens and now ...find the teenage in the crowd.

Yes, but in a similar way, grab and pull and you can make your sims look different as well. This will be your own choice for any sims you make yourself. Admittedly this won't be the case for npc's but one of the first things I tend to do in my games is going into CAS and change them if their appearance doesn't suit me.

Are you saying we should makeover all the sims in our game so we can tell teens from adults?

No, I was answering the person I quoted who mentioned that we, ourselves, can make sims in CAS to all appear the same. In a similar way, I was pointing out that we can also make sims in CAS to 'not' appear the same. This was the reason for my post.

The fact that I change npc's in CAS is just an option I personally choose. As I have said in my next post, a little label along with the name wouldn't do any harm at all.
  • Options
    GrapefruitdreamsGrapefruitdreams Posts: 59 Member
    edited June 2014
    Is this for real? I can't believe the negativity. There are six life stages, not two. There should be seven, but seriously this is ridiculous. You are the same height from something like 16 onward, unless you are a late bloomer. I'm in high school, and all my peers are as tall as adults. Lazy, but not so unrealistic on EA's part. What would you have them do to differentiate young adult, adult, and elder? We have the option to add wrinkles and change the postures of sims. People wanted less feeble elders, we got them, and are now complaining. It's up to you. Wrinkles and posture changes can be added. You also can't find teens in the renders because most of the renders don't show them. Most of the render characters have been established as young adults in gameplay videos or by their obvious interactions in said renders.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    Kelleygirl wrote:
    Sucom wrote:
    gmgar wrote:
    If CAS is so whatever they saying ...grab and pull...all sims can be made to look the same.

Get rid of the babyfat in the teens and now ...find the teenage in the crowd.

Yes, but in a similar way, grab and pull and you can make your sims look different as well. This will be your own choice for any sims you make yourself. Admittedly this won't be the case for npc's but one of the first things I tend to do in my games is going into CAS and change them if their appearance doesn't suit me.

Are you saying we should makeover all the sims in our game so we can tell teens from adults?

No, I was answering the person I quoted who mentioned that we, ourselves, can make sims in CAS to all appear the same. In a similar way, I was pointing out that we can also make sims in CAS to 'not' appear the same. This was the reason for my post.

The fact that I change npc's in CAS is just an option I personally choose. As I have said in my next post, a little label along with the name wouldn't do any harm at all.

I don't know, I'd like it to be that teens are shorter. But I get what you said earlier about not having hunched over parents. I'm 48 and I'm probably more hunched over than my Mom is at 84; she just walks sideways. :) Maybe from actions it'll be easy to tell who is a teen and who isn't. I'm kinda on the fence about a release day purchase, but I'll be eager to see the posts from people that do buy right away.
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    Besides, teens may just look younger in TS4, despite their height.

tumblr_n7x9xj69VY1rzfxypo1_1280.png

They look pretty young there.

Yes, completely distinguishable from adults, I don't know what my problem was.

Only they probably aren't going to be wearing school uniforms in the game since private schools are out so we won't be able to spot them by their distinctive blue plaid summer coats. Bummer. :wink:
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    adventfear wrote:

Only they probably aren't going to be wearing school uniforms in the game since private schools are out so we won't be able to spot them by their distinctive blue plaid summer coats. Bummer. :wink:

Maybe all teens will have ponytails, pigtails, and bangs. :D
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Is this for real? I can't believe the negativity. There are six life stages, not two. There should be seven, but seriously this is ridiculous. You are the same height from something like 16 onward, unless you are a late bloomer. I'm in high school, and all my peers are as tall as adults. Lazy, but not so unrealistic on EA's part. What would you have them do to differentiate young adult, adult, and elder? We have the option to add wrinkles and change the postures of sims. People wanted less feeble elders, we got them, and are now complaining. It's up to you. Wrinkles and posture changes can be added. You also can't find teens in the renders because most of the renders don't show them. Most of the render characters have been established as young adults in gameplay videos or by their obvious interactions in said renders.

Have you wondered why that is the case? The things they show us the most are the things they're confident about. Adults/YAs, CAS, and build mode. Coincidentally these are all things they could salvage from the original online game.

They didn't chose to make teens tall and forgo toddles because they thought it was a good idea. They did it because they ran out of time and thought they could get away without doing more work.
  • Options
    xNeptunexxNeptunex Posts: 132 Member
    edited June 2014
    I empathise with people that are upset by this change in teens that does appear to make them very similar to the YA/Adult life states.

While I agree it might make it difficult to spot a "teen" in game I am encouraged by the idea that perhaps teens will have a greater variety of clothing available as this is something I have always found lacking (even in the CC community). I also foresee mods that allow teens to do many YA/Adult interactions as they could utilise the same animations without going wonky - this could be a beneficial addition.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    delonariel wrote:
    adventfear wrote:

Well I dunno. They just look younger. It would have been great to see them a bit shorter but oh well. It doesn't affect the game too terribly IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @delonariel Obviously. I hate that they went the lazy route. Fact remains that there are still 6 life stages and not 2. I'm even trying to defend EA. This is just a gross generalization of what's possible in game.
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    @delonariel Obviously. I hate that they went the lazy route. Fact remains that there are still 6 life stages and not 2. I'm even trying to defend EA. This is just a gross generalization of what's possible in game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    adventfear wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk
    Yep?
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited June 2014
    (I hope i don't kill this thread... I seem to be a thread killer ._. )

I hate the fact that teens are the same height. I really hate that there aren't any toddlers. But do you think they might be adding a height slider? Thats why they made 4 stages the same height? And if they are planning on adding preteen stage, how long do you think it'll take? I mean when do you guys think they'll add this?

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.