Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Lacks the Talent to Create the Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AxelTaylor01AxelTaylor01 Posts: 389 Member
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:
    Talent is something you reference to indie game developers

What ea needs is developers to make they're product the real talent is in their Marketing to sell said product. That's how fortune 500 companies work.

Ea is pretty darn good as they can still get many simmers to buy the game even when they don't like it, don't like the fact things are missing, or make the excuse they don't mind it.

Again it's the hype of it all that affects simmers and that hype bleeds into peer pressure to buy as well. It just depends on the perspective you want to take about the game. As there is peer pressure not to buy as well.

Time is the main factor, and because EA tried to make sims 4 online in the first place of course at March 2013 there wasn't enough time to complete an entire game and add back in the singleplayer features. My one concern is with coding is it truthful that things that aren't in base game will be able to be added back in. Sims 3 because it started out with a bad foundation, barely had room to change or fix anything let alone add new content. Many of the content in sims 3 is recycled. So with sims 4 I'm wondering if EA is being dishonest when saying we can always add content later in ep's or patches. Especially since they couldn't even give different heights to teenagers. You know what that means it means that they didn't have time to code or make all the hundreds of animations for the teenages so they went with making them the same height and copy pasted them. You can't tell at all that they're teenagers, what if you have a fat teen or a curvy teen, they pretty much look like adults.

So it's more than just a toddler issue here because people are trying to place good faith in EA right now who's trying to tote this is a good game, brand new and solid. When it's not, that is the lie, that is the false marketing. It had a horrible start, it's having horrible results from that horrible start, and at release because it lacks so much it's going to have a horrible after math. I think fans will be very disappointed in all the time periods of this game. At announcement, before release and after. I understand having hope but i feel strongly it might be wise for ea to release just this base game and not add any expansions to it.

I know people are like what. I seriously would just release it but rename it to TheSimsLite

Afte that i'd let fans know we're going to spend the next few years pumping out a game that is worthy of our fans. Then place this game with a cash shop for added content, not do expansions just a cash shop to keep the projects thriving, place more content for sims 3 and try and make back the costs for the game and drop it like a bad habbit. Save face with my fans and Do The sims 4 Reload. Actually investing in the game from the beginning the right way.

I agree with you! I've thought that they should rename the Sims 4, sell it under a different name like Sim Town or something, so that the simmers that want to play the game on Sep 2 can. Start making more content for the Store once again, and start from scratch on the Sims 4. It would take a couple years, but we would have the game we should have now, and simmers who currently like the looks of this game can play Sim Town. That way everyone is happy :mrgreen:, and EA can make their money back as well.
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2014
    False. Yes, they let go of a lot of really talented people who probably shouldn't have been let go.

But it's the wealthy business men who don't give a grilled cheese (sims 2 reference, haha) about the fans, or the Guru's, or anything other than the money in their pockets.
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014

I agree with you! I've thought that they should rename the Sims 4, sell it under a different name like Sim Town or something, so that the simmers that want to play the game on Sep 2 can. Start making more content for the Store once again, and start from scratch on the Sims 4. It would take a couple years, but we would have the game we should have now, and simmers who currently like the looks of this game can play Sim Town. That way everyone is happy :mrgreen:, and EA can make their money back as well.

Honestly not to late to save face and actually do that. Treat it like a side game to the series and leave it be. However other things have me at alarm as well because im curious of a lot of what we see has also to do with the tablet linking to the game. Only a small rumor but still something to be alert for. Nothing wrong with cross platforming games either, however it's a big problem when cross platforming if it causes huge limitation on the series.

Again EA should consider that yes there is a new generation of gamers out there but they aren't as big as ea thinks. Majority of gamers are actually 30 up which means that a big portion of gamers are just aging along with the franchise. If that's the case it's not a good idea to try and market to the tweens of the gaming world as they're very unlikely to convert over right now. I'm sure in about 5 years if we see poling and the average gamer age has rise it'll verify exactly what im saying. The average gamer about 5 years ago was about 21 years of age to 25, not it's in it's 30's it means the gamer group that's buying is aging. Anyway we'll see, the game lacks quite a lot, and there still feels like there is more they aren't telling fans.
  • Options
    MoonriseKingdomMoonriseKingdom Posts: 480 Member
    edited June 2014
    They have the talent, but not the budget. You'd think they would have the budget of making a good game after selling all these Store items and expansion packs.
  • Options
    KeltboyKeltboy Posts: 111 New Member
    edited June 2014
    eh, it depends on who you ask. Myself? If they just allow modder/hackers access to the code, then all the major features missing can be resolved within a week.

Similarly , if you ask a major player in the sims community, like ExGuruChernabog, she will show you how badly it's screwed up. (But then again, she's the type who'll make a mod to add those features anyway)

But if you look at review for it, they're all positive and completely avoiding all the fan backlash. Wondering how much of a bribe was slipped under the table for them...
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel it is wrong and lacking in respect for others to suggest that EA lacks the talent to create Sims 4. You haven't even seen the game yet so come on! Give them a chance! How could you possibly suggest this with little or nothing to support your words?

Did they lack the talent for Sims 3? Did they somehow lose their talent between games? If you believe this, why are you even here? By being here at all you must recognise some talent otherwise the Sims wouldn't be drawing your attention at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    I feel it is wrong and lacking in respect for others to suggest that EA lacks the talent to create Sims 4. You haven't even seen the game yet so come on! Give them a chance! How could you possibly suggest this with little or nothing to support your words?

Did they lack the talent for Sims 3? Did they somehow lose their talent between games? If you believe this, why are you even here? By being here at all you must recognise some talent otherwise the Sims wouldn't be drawing your attention at all.

Nope you're right I haven't seen the live game play, and who's fault is that? EA's, as simple as that. But I don't need to see live game play, the lack of toddlers, teens being the same height, only 25 lots per world, loading screens etc... have made my decision for me. Not to mention the bad pr going on.

The fact that they haven't shown us any live game play is a clue to me, it most likely means that the game is still buggy. Otherwise why not show us? As for the Sims 3 lacking in talent, see my previous posts.

Never released how touchy EA defenders are. :roll:
  • Options
    EuanSimEuanSim Posts: 2,345 Member
    edited June 2014
    Of course there is talent. They just aren't using it in the correct manner.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Anavastia wrote:

Honestly not to late to save face and actually do that. Treat it like a side game to the series and leave it be. However other things have me at alarm as well because im curious of a lot of what we see has also to do with the tablet linking to the game. Only a small rumor but still something to be alert for. Nothing wrong with cross platforming games either, however it's a big problem when cross platforming if it causes huge limitation on the series.

Again EA should consider that yes there is a new generation of gamers out there but they aren't as big as ea thinks. Majority of gamers are actually 30 up which means that a big portion of gamers are just aging along with the franchise. If that's the case it's not a good idea to try and market to the tweens of the gaming world as they're very unlikely to convert over right now. I'm sure in about 5 years if we see poling and the average gamer age has rise it'll verify exactly what im saying. The average gamer about 5 years ago was about 21 years of age to 25, not it's in it's 30's it means the gamer group that's buying is aging. Anyway we'll see, the game lacks quite a lot, and there still feels like there is more they aren't telling fans.

I agree that the new gamer market is hardly as big as they think it is. I'm in my teens but, I'm in a minority for my age bracket. I can tell EA that kids my age normally don't won't to spend a lot of money on the Sims; if they think they're going to hook younger players that are willing to buy all the expansions and stuff packs and store content, they're in for a rude awakening...
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    Easy solution: make your own simulator.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    EuanSim wrote:

You may have a point. Not sure which is worse. :lol:
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited June 2014
    Penelope wrote:
    There's lots of talent at EA. :?

I totally blame the senior management. I think the managers don't play Sims games, have NEVER played Sims, and have no idea what people want in a Sims game. I think they were hired for their pencil-pushing skills and not because they had a clue what constitutes a good Sims game. I think they've been responsible for telling the developers to "include this ... don't include THAT." (And their "don't include THAT" list is pretty long because they want to make unreasonable deadlines.)

I read an article by some gamer magazine a long time ago that verified what I'm saying. The article was entirely about how the higher-ups at EA don't actually play the games they produce, but are hired only for their management abilities. They aren't actually gamers. Scary, huh? :cry:

I feel you nailed it, it's not the guru's fault, it's always upper management. They always feel they are the big experts on things they've never done. Large companies work this way.
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It's not about talent or skill. It's about time. EA haven't given the dev's anywhere near enough time to turn this into an offline game.
    Yeah!
    **** you EA!
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited June 2014
    EuanSim wrote:

oh the reality of them not using the talent is worse....imagine if the devs were set free....oh what a wonderfull game it could be :XD:
  • Options
    AlourraAlourra Posts: 492 Member
    edited June 2014
    The Sims dev team doesn't lack talent, they lack time and freedom. Something they would have if their publisher, EA, wasn't garbage.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:

oh the reality of them not using the talent is worse....imagine if the devs were set free....oh what a wonderfull game it could be :XD:

I don't want to wonder, if I did I'd be forever sad. :cry:
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm sorry, but saying that the team lacks the talent to make this game is one of the most arrogant things I've read on these forums, and that is saying a LOT.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    Callum9432 wrote:
    It's not about talent or skill. It's about time. EA haven't given the dev's anywhere near enough time to turn this into an offline game.

I agree with this. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:

They have talent, but looking at Sims 3 They hyped the game as being better than Sims 2, it has open neighborhoods and CAST(if I typed it right) etc. Now they are marketing Sims 4 and came out and admitted that the open world was not a good idea as well as some other features of Sims 3. Now they collected all the money from that episode it is like a blow to the groin because they knew all along so to me EA/Maxis appears as shady, pushed for time and want the money for the little they can squeeze into Sims 4 but yes they are talented because we all brought it.

EA/Maxis did the same in SimCity hyped the product, presented beautiful videos that looked so good how can you not believe they are creating a marvelous product and when it came out it barely delivered the promises that was hyped before release and while it is a little better it still can't deliver and that IMO is happening here. As far as adding anything later that may or may not transpire because EA/Maxis may hope you like Sims 4 so much you will forget. One other thing is will it be free or you have to spend money to get a option which was included in previous games. However, EA/Maxis can do what they please because it is their product, but we all have choices here and that is to buy or not to buy. I sincerely hope for those that are buying, you get what you hoped for and have fun with it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    adventfear wrote:
    I'm sorry, but saying that the team lacks the talent to make this game is one of the most arrogant things I've read on these forums, and that is saying a LOT.

I'm sorry, was that supposed to be an insult? :lol: I never claimed I could make the Sims 4 better than they could, that would have been arrogant.

arrogant - having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.