Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to delay The Sims 4: 712 signatures and counting.

Comments

• Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    MadiseenoMadiseeno Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    No!No!No! The break between TS3 and 4 is already much too long. If they delay this again, the franchise will die and no toddler, pool or flying pink horse singing the complete oeuvre of Katy Perry will save it.

I think the delay is not so serious as the lack of core features like toddlers. I don't think any of us want TS4 to need a delay, but it looks for all the world like releasing in its present state will do much more to kill the franchise than delaying it.

EA doesn't care. They need their money right now. No amount of complaining and petitioning is going to change the mind of the higher ups because they simply do not care about us.

Have you ever heard the saying "If you don't play because you're worried about losing, you give up the chance of winning." ???
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    TiukuTiuku Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Signed!

I rarely play the Sims 3 since I cannot stand the buggyness of the game. For some reason I really hoped for EA to learn from their mistakes make a stable and enjoyable game this time. A solid foundation to build upon, like someone said earlier in the thread.
  • Options
    andyb9274andyb9274 Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    leep45508leep45508 Posts: 3,910 Member
    edited June 2014
    [img]http://stream1.🐸🐸🐸🐸.com/view4/1324613/bart-getting-choked-o.gif[/img]
  • Options
    clynnc19clynnc19 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't usually sign this, but I have to this no toddlers cause there is no time excuse is just ridiculous. Delay the game and put in what we want or you will lose money even if you release it on time.
  • Options
    XDragonFlyXXDragonFlyX Posts: 88 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed! It's just ridiculous not to have toddlers/pools etc. in the base game - it's all about making money from future ep's as far as I can see.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    HazukiHazuki Posts: 65 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed ^_^
  • Options
    TheGraveThiefTheGraveThief Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • Options
    katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2014
    (I've already signed)
    Just thought I would let everyone who is watching this thread, that the change.org petition here https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game has over 8000 signatures, and is growing very rapidly! Although I wish they had actually used the word "delay" in the name of the petition, I still urge everyone to sign that one as well.
    Lets hope that EA shows us they care about their fans! We all know how quickly a franchise can die out, even just after one bad move. Lets hope EA realizes this and smartens up! I've seen thousands of people on here and tumblr decided not to buy the game until EA adds the BASIC features without costing the buyer more money. If EA does not listen to the fans, and the fans who are signing these petitions and saying they aren't going to buy the game stick to their word, EA will definitely learn their lesson.
  • Options
    Vainon_ajatVainon_ajat Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • Options
    OliviaPlayer620OliviaPlayer620 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Theres no reason for a delay so why would they, i'm happy with the game so EA do not delay my game, i've already waited long enough!

I have already signed but there is a HUGE reason for a delay. We can no longer recolor in CAS, no pools and they are taking away life stages. All of this is being done so they can make more money in EP's, SP's and Store Content. If you total up the cost of all of the sims 3 games and store content you are easily into the thousands for all content for each and every sims player. You may be happy with some of the basics missing from the base game but you are very much in the minority. For those of us who use these items these are very important features and are far to important to be missing from the game. I have played sims for over 10 years and EA's greed is only getting worse with each game. I for one will not buy sims 4 if they release the game as is. And I know I am not alone. People are cancelling preorders left and right. EA is apparently not worried about losing their most die hard fan base and they will ultimately ruin this franchise because of their greed.

And don't even get me started on the 5 lots per neighborhood. That is another thing I can't believe they are doing. Sims 2 and 3 are far more advanced than sims 4 will be and at this point the game should be a 64 bit considering how much memory it uses. No one (other than EA) creates games for a 32 bit computer any more. (Not a real gaming company anyways).
  • Options
    kimirs16kimirs16 Posts: 76 Member
    edited June 2014
  • Options
    Psycad3t12Psycad3t12 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes please. I can handle a delay and will happily continue to play Sims 3 and even 2 in the mean time. Taking out features that have already been integrated into the series and then later considering them for purchase is just so shady.

Signed.
  • Options
    HegginHeggin Posts: 69 Member
    edited June 2014
    I really hope it would help.

Signed!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've said this before but delaying the game won't make them add features and will embargo any new info for even longer.

Wouldn't you all rather get that stuff patched in then have the game delayed for a couple of months to a year or more?
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please add me to this list!
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've said this before but delaying the game won't make them add features and will embargo any new info for even longer.

Wouldn't you all rather get that stuff patched in then have the game delayed for a couple of months to a year or more?

No I would rather they release a proper game than a half ***ed one that is reliant on patches. Just because they have the option to patch is no excuse to release an incomplete game.

And yes a delay would likely cause them to add features for a simple reason. If EA chooses to delay it will be due to the issues fans have and the delay would thereby be for the purpose of adding features in that the devs initially didn't have time for.
  • Options
    tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited June 2014
    Added everyone. leep, those kinds of threatening images posing as "humour" are completely inappropriate. Reported. Please don't do it again. Use your words, if those are the kinds of images you plan to use.

No bullying or mean snarkiness, guys. That goes for all sides of the debate.
  • Options
    AitellAitell Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Signed.