Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition to delay The Sims 4: 712 signatures and counting.

tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
Hi all.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
Cheers vtmo for the cute image.

I want to keep things simple here, so what I'm proposing is a petition for all those who want the game delayed at this point, based on what we've seen. Just so that it can be finished up a bit more - have toddlers, for example. I won't specify an exact delay, as how much time the game needs to get into better shape is something only the devs can know. One thing is certain now, looking around the forums and fansites, and that is that a lot of simmers aren't happy with the game that is coming out in September.

Sign if you want. Don't sign if you don't. If you disagree strongly with the idea of a delay there is a counter petition here. I'll tally up signatories in the first post. I don't generally have a lot of confidence in petitions, but last time I organised one round here it went quite well. Keep demands reasonable, be nice, all the basic stuff. Please don't create sock-puppets to sign, and don't sign on multiple sites - one person, one signature, respect that. If I see any sign of shenanigans, I will remove all the suspect names.

Popular youtuber Night Simmer has a Change.org petition running asking for pools and toddlers (but not for a delay). I'd feel a bit awkward starting a gaming petition over there, but it has a lot of support at over 20000 signatures: https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/the-sims-team-include-toddlers-and-pools-in-the-sims-4-base-game

Thread rules:

1. Keep the discussion on topic, don't threadjack.
2. Be nice to each other, and to simgurus.

Satellite threads:

- Modthesims.info
- NRaas Industries
- TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum
- Garden of Shadows
- The Sims Resource

Signatures:

http://pastebin.com/tV37T87Y <--- had to move to pastebin due to new forum post-length rule.
Post edited by tea_and_blues on

Comments

• tea_and_bluestea_and_blues Posts: 889 Member
    edited June 2014
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    edited June 2014
    signed
  • utterlyunzippedutterlyunzipped Posts: 503 New Member
    edited June 2014
    There is very little point as most of the decision to cut things will be down to them wanting to put them in Expansions to get people to buy them, not because of a lack of time. Likewise the dumbing down of the worlds so that they run on slower machines than even The Sims 3 did is just to increase sales.

This is the sort of thing EA is well known for!

It's getting stupid how much they've cut from this game!!

-No Create-A-Style
    -No Colour Wheel
    -No Swimming Pools
    -No Toddlers age stage
    -Loading Screens for Worlds
    -Loading Screens Districts
    -Loading Screens for individual Lots
    -Only 5 Hoods per World
    -Only 2 to 5 lots per Hoods
    -So only 10 to 25 lots per World
    -Only 1 World supplied in Base Game
    -Cannot edit the public areas (Parks, etc.)
    -Invisible rabbit-holes/vanishing Sims
    -Hair isn't as realistic as TS3
    -Textures are blurry and lack bump mapping
    -Buildings can only have 3 floors (plus a foundation and a roof)
    -Clothing can not be bought by Sims, in game CAS or unlockables only
    -Trams are decor only (not interactive) [Cars may be too, the steam boats almost certainly are]
    -No WooHoo Skill
    -Lots of so called new features are already in The Sims 3
    Multi-tasking Sims (The Sims 3 can read and relax in bed, watch TV while chatting, chat in groups, etc)
    Emotional moods (currently in the form of Moodlets in The Sims 3)

The Sims as we all knew and loved it is dead :'''-(

I have cancelled my pre-order, so have several friends, I am so angry at EA at what they have done to such a loved game franchise. They ruined Sims City and now the Sims!
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.
  • AstorAstor Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed as a Shareholder!
    Signed as a Player!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    Another useless thread no more delays the game is coming out september 2 like it or not
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited June 2014
    signed
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2014
    The game has already been delayed twice we don't need another delay. Graham said toddlers would be added thru an ep or patched in.

Sorry I"m alone here but I hate delays.
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    edited June 2014
    SIGNED, until they fix it.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    The game has already been delayed twice we don't need another delay. Graham said toddlers would be added thru an ep or patched in.

I'm with you CLP no delay's for me either...I can live without certain thing's from the game
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • GizmonicInstituteGizmonicInstitute Posts: 1,551 New Member
    edited June 2014
    A delay isn't going to make the game good.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    NO DELAY! I want to play with the smarter Sims!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2014
    Most definitely signed!!
  • MadameButterflyMadameButterfly Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed!

This is a Base Game. It needs to be done right on the first go, because so much stuff will rely on it later. (Like worlds, for example.)
  • SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited June 2014
    Sign me up! :wink: :thumbup:
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014

I thought the game was only delayed once? Like I remember it was supposed to come out Spring 2014 but then they delayed it to come out Fall 2014. That's one delay. Unless I'm missing one. And Graham has not said toddlers will be added through an ep or patch. If he really did I would like the link to where he said that.
  • christinalovesyouchristinalovesyou Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed, I want a finished game. We shouldn't have to rely on patches/EPs to fix it.
  • hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014

You're not alone... plus I brought s'mores for us lonely folk.

As for the topic, it's not gonna happen. Live and let live.
  • Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited June 2014
    ABSOLUTELY NOT!

If they delay this game again I will cancel my pre-order and put the money on one of two other games coming out in September...

Hyrule Warriors and Bayonetta 2 Will get that money no doubt.
  • kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed!

X1000000000000........ I honestly believe that delaying the game is the best solution at this point. :(
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed
  • missgothikamissgothika Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Signed.

Better cooked than halfdone.
  • SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014

You're not alone... plus I brought s'mores for us lonely folk.

As for the topic, it's not gonna happen. Live and let live.
    mmm s'mores yummy lol
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • heaven_sent_8_18heaven_sent_8_18 Posts: 1,389 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not sure a delay would convince me to buy this game but a BASE GAME needs to be done properly. I really like TS3, but if the engine had been designed better features that came out later would have worked better together instead of leaving the entire game a disjointed mess.

EA does not need the same thing happening with TS4. A "solid foundation" to build on later doesn't include leaving out simple features such as an entire life stage in a life simulation. Running out of time and failing to implement those ground-base features does not make a solid foundation.

Delay the release and FIX this rushed game.