Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets

This is probably not true, but a hope. Do you think this expansion pack might have pets? It made me think because of the snake, and maybe they could go on adventures with you. And I wish they could be more controllable, like you could tell them to do something. Like you r dog could rap the leash around two sims you want to meet. Also, does anyone think there will be a snake charming skill?

Comments

• Options
    4katsuki4katsuki Posts: 1,550 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Might be (the Skill i mean)
    I heard there were crocodiles in WA but theyre not exactly pets.
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Bellalupa wrote:
    This is probably not true, but a hope. Do you think this expansion pack might have pets? It made me think because of the snake, and maybe they could go on adventures with you. And I wish they could be more controllable, like you could tell them to do something. Like you r dog could rap the leash around two sims you want to meet. Also, does anyone think there will be a snake charming skill?

The snake charming "skill" is (as mentioned in one of the interviews) a hidden skill of some sort. However, will there be pets? No. This is not a pets expansion. If they were to try to add pets to it, it would most likely double the price of the game-- I don't think ANYONE wants to pay over 80 dollars on an expansion. Will there be a pets expansion in the future? Most definitely-- Seasons and Pets are the 2 most asked for expansions at the moment. It wont be long before one or the other comes out. :D

Hope that answers your question ^_^
  • Options
    firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited September 2009
    They had Pets for Sims 1 and 2, I'm sure they'll have it for Sims 3.
  • Options
    XOX1XOX1 Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited September 2009
    Just Wishing...

1- Domestic Pets= Dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, hampsters, etc.
    (Interactive)

2- Exotic Pets= Monkeys, snakes, etc.
    (Interactive)

3- Domestic Farm/Ranch Animals= Horses, cows, sheep, llamas,chickens, pigs, etc.
    (Interactive, so we can have real working farms, ranches, and stables)

4- Wild Animals= Wolves, foxes, predator birds, alligators/crocodiles, hyenas, dingos, kangeroos, lions, tigers, and bears (Oh my!), etc.
    (Interactive, so we can have a little danger when we are out in the sticks)
    (We could collect pictures of them to put back home, like we do the butterflies, and bugs)
    (Ravens are natural thieves, they could steal shiny things, like a burglar)

5- Fantasy Animals= Werewolves, dragons, griffins, unicorns, etc.
    (Non-Interactive, no one would believe we saw one anyway)
    (We could collect pictures of them to put back home, like we do the butterflies, and bugs)

• Options
    arbiter4arbiter4 Posts: 479 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I probably wouldn't buy any pets crap.

*300th post ftw*
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    midnightmonkey28midnightmonkey28 Posts: 594 New Member
    edited September 2009
    i hope they have pets it isn't the same without pets lol
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited September 2009
    Since Egypt is in the game, there should be some camels. And if there is camels then why not add some horses. :mrgreen:
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i want pets woof woof meow isn't the same cuz i love animals :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Since Egypt is in the game, there should be some camels. And if there is camels then why not add some horses. :mrgreen:

Well, Like I said on another thread, when they DO make pets, they might also have some relating to China, Egypt, and France. Mainly dogs, like the Shih Tzu from China and the Poodle from France. Camels in Egypt would be fun too-- a slow method of transportation, but it'd still be awesome xD

(Btw... when Camels run, can't they run, like, REALLY fast?)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    dunno :?:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2009
    XOX1 wrote:
    Just Wishing...

1- Domestic Pets= Dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, hampsters, etc.
    (Interactive)

2- Exotic Pets= Monkeys, snakes, etc.
    (Interactive)

3- Domestic Farm/Ranch Animals= Horses, cows, sheep, llamas,chickens, pigs, etc.
    (Interactive, so we can have real working farms, ranches, and stables)

4- Wild Animals= Wolves, foxes, predator birds, alligators/crocodiles, hyenas, dingos, kangeroos, lions, tigers, and bears (Oh my!), etc.
    (Interactive, so we can have a little danger when we are out in the sticks)
    (Ravens are natural thieves, they could steal shiny things, like a burglar)

5- Fantasy Animals= Werewolves, dragons, griffins, unicorns, etc.
    (Non-Interactive, no one would believe we saw one anyway)

Love your idea of the domestic farm animals in the game! That would be like a dream-come-true for many simmers including me! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    and me! :lol:
  • Options
    ArchitektinArchitektin Posts: 1,242 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ROFL have you ever tried a camel ride? our sims could fall off when the camel suddenly goes on the fore-knees (or the hind, but they never go down on all 4 legs at the same time :-D).
    i hope that there won´t ever be a pets-only ep, but i like the idea that some could come with every ep, just like the above mentioned camels (the animals matching the EP-theme). i like that we´ll be able to take snakes with us, as we´ve got a ball-python as a "pet" IRL, it would be fun to handle a pixelated snake ;-)
    *giggles* i wonder if these snakes will have to be fed with living mice, too :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i don't like this idea cuz we need a pets only expansion pack,with a pets only expansion pack we would get a lot more breeds and pet objects cuz i love pets 8) :lol::mrgreen::wink::D :-) :)
  • Options
    UcinzUcinz Posts: 73 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I want PETS too.....just don't forget the guinea pigs! :wink:
  • Options
    Lindsay197372Lindsay197372 Posts: 32 Member
    edited September 2009
    The thing I did not like about the pets was all the work and the lack of different kinds of pets,how many people only have dogs,cats,birds and hamsters.Maybe this is a area they will improve on as well
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i agree with Ucinz!!!! :!: :idea:
  • Options
    CrescentMoonPyeCrescentMoonPye Posts: 2,080 Member
    edited September 2009
    (Btw... when Camels run, can't they run, like, REALLY fast?)

Don't they go about 40 MPH? I've only been on one at the zoo, and they only go 3 MPH cuz they're not allowed to go faster with us on them. Lawyers - take the fun out of everything!
    But camels are raced in the middle east, so I should think they go about as fast as a horse. Wikipedia said so anyway. 25-40 MPH depending on how far they have to run.

I love the idea of pet monkeys for our sims. They could 'virtually' p oop in our sims' shoes when they get mad or be taught to do simple chores.
    OK. Maybe not. :P

I want Pets EP ASAP regardless of what kind. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i woulden't trust the wikipedia sites for accurate answers cuz anyone can go in and change them!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i woulden't trust the wikipedia sites for accurate answers cuz anyone can go in and change them!!!
    I hear ya and agree with you. But it was a fast answer, so... :roll:
    But I do recall from a PBS show that they can run fast at short distances so close enough for me! I know for a fact from personal experience that they go really slow at the zoo. Hee!

OK, enough of that silliness. :shock:
    man, I wish this thing had spellcheck!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009

But I thought with Wikipedia when you went in and changed them, someone else also had to confirm that what you said was true (a mod or something) before letting it be seen by others. I read that Wikipedia is currently more accurate than Encyclopedia Britannica. Sooo you never know, what you're reading JUST MIGHT be true.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    depends what site you go on 8)

i touched a hairless cat!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    i touched a hairless cat!!
    Are those Egyptian? Will they be in World Adventures? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    MikecoolMikecool Posts: 64 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I still want my sim to ride on a cow :shock:
  • Options
    spelunkerspelunker Posts: 145 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I would love a Pets EP. Though I dunno...It sounds to me as if EA may well continue the EPs with this world destinations concept. I'll grant that the material is inexhaustable if a bit unimaginative. It just seems that the focus in TS3 is to get your Sim(s) out into the world rather than focusing on the Sim home or local town. Sort of goal oriented rather than domestic oriented. The lack of domestic activities and rabbit holes certainly enable this defocusing of local interactions. My sims have much more free time than in past games, so now EA must find time sinks.