Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grant confirmed loading times are quicker than in TS2 and TS3

Grant Rodiek has been adressing questions about loading times over twitter, lately. he confirmed they are quicker than loading in TS2 and TS3. he also said that loading times are very reasonable compared to other games, but he also feels that more content will make them longer.
+ he said that switching to other family members is super simple.

Source:

just thought to share because i don't have anything better to do coz fifa world cup isn't going on today. i bet many of you have seen this already but this isn't on for an exactly long time. :P

Comments

• Options
    Hegemon2222Hegemon2222 Posts: 300 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh, I'm going to die of happiness!!!

Can't wait to play.
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2014
    Waiting for the inevitable retraction.

"Oh, I misspoke. Or you misunderstood. They're about an hour."
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't want to sound negative or anything, just realistic... Don't forget it's just the base game. Loading times will get longer with each expansion pack, stuff pack, store content, custom content added.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    He's also the one who stated 'Things Change' don't have any faith in his words, sorry...
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited June 2014
    It doesn't matter how quick they are now, it's inevitable that the load times will increase overtime, with EPs and more stuff added.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    The question is reasonable compared to other games? which other games? And yeah, we all figure (having played TS2) loading screens increase when we fill up those houses, those hoods, and add content from EPs, DLC, and CC and add more and more worlds. But glad he confirmed 'loading screens increase with more content'....
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited June 2014
    How can it possibly be an achievement that it is faster than TS3?

TS3 loads a complete world.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I don't want to sound negative or anything, just realistic... Don't forget it's just the base game. Loading times will get longer with each expansion pack, stuff pack, store content, custom content added.

True. Which is why the probably left out Create-a-Style.

If it never gets as bad as The Sims 2 loading screens, I'll be happy.
  • Options
    pageybearpageybear Posts: 180 Member
    edited June 2014
    While thats true the base game won't be that bad most likely, I have just started playing the sims 2 with all the ep and stuff packs. The loading times on my new gaming pc are crappy. It took a few mins to load. They need loading screens that are a few seconds like some of the mmo's. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    plopppo wrote:

The Sims 3 loading was bad for me. I got a great deal of lag when it loaded Create-a-Style, or when my Sims arrived places, textures took time to completely load, or to jump around the map.
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited June 2014
    He also said that he expects that having more content installed will equal a longer load, like many of us have been saying.

• Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

It depends on your computer.
  • Options
    Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well they'd better be quicker if the game only has one active lot at a time! Good grief.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • Options
    edited June 2014

I'd be willing to bet it will eventually be pretty similar to sims 2 load times, perhaps longer since there is likely to be more content.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    colton147 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:

It depends on your computer.

It doesn't matter what computer you have it's a fact that it will increase. The load time may not increase by much, but if you add more content to a game then it will take longer to load.
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

I'd be willing to bet it will eventually be pretty similar to sims 2 load times, perhaps longer since there is likely to be more content.

Completely disagree. This is modern technology now.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited June 2014
    plopppo wrote:

:lol:
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

Completely disagree. This is modern technology now.

No, modern technology is a game ported to a 64bit machine with threading for more than one core. No plans to even make that an option. Five years from now with all your worlds, and houses, and Sims 'and their memories you can bet it's a long load it only uses one dang core. There is more to a 64bit OS than just that it's the fact this game can only use one core...even five years from now. And it can't take advantage of a 64bit processor, either. It's old technology. A lot of games today offer both, because they don't live in the past.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:

No, modern technology is a game ported to a 64bit machine with threading for more than one core. No plans to even make that an option. Five years from now with all your worlds, and houses, and Sims 'and their memories you can bet it's a long load it only uses one dang core. There is more to a 64bit OS than just that it's the fact this game can only use one core...even five years from now. And it can't take advantage of a 64bit processor, either. It's old technology. A lot of games today offer both, because they don't live in the past.

Thank you for explaining Cinebar :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    emma7863emma7863 Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I agree.

Without any CC or EPs my game loads in 5 seconds.

Unfortunately it's a far different story with all that extra stuff installed.

Ya think Sims 4 might get that way too? Perhaps? :mrgreen:

Regardless, at least with S3 there's only one loading screen... or 2. (yay)

And yeah, Sims 4 is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!1 just think with a few Ep's and CC how awesome it'll be to sit through a thousand slooow loading screens! YAY!!
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited June 2014
    Of course they're shorter loading times...

What is there to load exactly? :lol:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    Of course they're shorter loading times...

What is there to load exactly? :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    What is there to load? Have you forgotten?
    emotions_zps5e473edc.jpg
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    That's a big fat lie. I doubt the 30 loads per session this game requires are combined less than the one 3 minute load I have with TS3 full of EPs and DCL.

But Grant Rodiek may mave mispoken again...
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Taranatar9 wrote:
    Waiting for the inevitable retraction.

"Oh, I misspoke. Or you misunderstood. They're about an hour."

Things change.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    Glic2003 wrote:
    Well they'd better be quicker if the game only has one active lot at a time! Good grief.

Actually, the game supposedly simulates every single lot in the background. So, if there are a few Sims at Lot 1 at 5PM, you go to Lot 2 until 10PM, it'll be 10PM on Lot 1 and all of the Sims within Lot 1 would not be in the same spots as they were when you left.