Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one still buying?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm definitely going to buy this game and I think quite a lot of people who are feeling really emotional right now and saying they are not going to buy it will actually end up buying it. What people say while their emotions are running riot is not necessarily what they are likely to say when those emotions have died down a bit.

I think the game is looking amazing so far. It's just the base game and when I think back to Sims 3 base game, that didn't have that much in it either. One of the reasons I like Sims 3 is because I have so many expansions of the game. Going back to a base game is not going to be easy but that's just the way it is with this game. Each new game has to start out from scratch. I have great faith that Sims 4 is starting out life on a much better, more stable footing than Sims 3.

If the foundation of the base game is better, it will withstand superior expansions. And that's good news for me. So no, you are definitely not alone.
  • Options
    DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm going to buy it, but I plan to download it after reading some reviews. I'm hoping they're holding something huge back.
  • Options
    VoyfhelVoyfhel Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2014
    still buying!
  • Options
    duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    edited June 2014
    You know what? I still have this game pre-ordered but I`m not happy about it. This is not how a game should be released if they want to keep the majority of their player base happy. I vehemently hate the fact that they removed toddlers and I view this as a major blow to the players here (like myself) who love generations and family-style play. Hell, try to find one picture on this website or any sims 4 media out there (besides character creation) that shows a family. It`s all adults partying like college frat buddies or adults having a social gathering of some sort. Clearly the emphasis is not on families but on people wishing for solo sim play. But I`m weak and I will still buy it because there is a small glimmering hope that someday it could live up to it`s potential...

Here, I challenge anyone to find a family picture showing parents, grand parents, and kids. You wont find any.... anywhere... How sad is that? :cry:
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    You know what? I still have this game pre-ordered but I`m not happy about it. This is not how a game should be released if they want to keep the majority of their player base happy. I vehemently hate the fact that they removed toddlers and I view this as a major blow to the players here (like myself) who love generations and family-style play. Hell, try to find one picture on this website or any sims 4 media out there (besides character creation) that shows a family. It`s all adults partying like college frat buddies or adults having a social gathering of some sort. Clearly the emphasis is not on families but on people wishing for solo sim play. But I`m weak and I will still buy it because there is a small glimmering hope that someday it could live up to it`s potential...

Here, I challenge anyone to find a family picture showing parents, grand parents, and kids. You wont find any.... anywhere... How sad is that? :cry:

It’ll probably be TS3 all over again; major focus on YA / A females at the detriment of male sims and all other age groups. That just isn’t an entertaining game to me :(
  • Options
    SchipsSchips Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying. I might even like the game better without toddlers as they're just too needy for me and I always age them up as quickly as possible. As for the other things - well, the base games have always had far fewer features than everyone might want. That was true in all the previous games, so it's no surprise here.

I honestly don't know enough about the new personality & emotion aspects of the game to know how much I'm going to like it, and I won't know until I try it out. Which I am looking forward to doing in September!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    I still looking forward to putting in my pre-order come August.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am still buying and am looking forward to all the things that will be coming in the future.
    Infants/toddlers, I am happy that they took out toddlers, infants/toddlers I set to age up very quickly, I am happy that the infant will become a child.
    The child sims is more fun and can do a lot of stuff, the toddler was to time consuming to me. It took away a lot of time with my child, teen, adults etc. life. I am now a happy camper.
    I'm sorry that those who love playing with the toddles are at a loss. But I am sure they will be in your game soon.
    By the time you learn how to play with Sims 4 and all the new interactions, you will have your toddlers back. Me I guess I will then have to just put up with them, although they may be much different.
    I am excited and can't wait for the Sims 4
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying, but for those who still want toddlers and pools they should really hold off for just a bit just to patch in pools and toddlers, that way it atleast cushions a bit of the disappointments of many players.
  • Options
    wooters2014wooters2014 Posts: 186 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying it, also pre ordered 4 more copies for my nieces and nephews.
  • Options
    OolonglongOolonglong Posts: 562 Member
    edited June 2014
    No, there are others buying the game. Everyone has different things that are important to them.
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying, even though features have been taken out there are some that have impressed me so I just want to try them out.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    Forgot to mention, this thread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/758442.page gives a rather lengthy list of simmers buying / on the fence / not buying.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying, because I'm not interested in what I used to be able to do, I'm interested in new gameplay.
    If I want to play what I'm used to I'll start my Sims 3 game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited June 2014
    I want to buy but it is expensive so I may wait till X-mas sale or something. It is almost my whole week pay and I have bills to pay and baby to feed ;)
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hate the removal of a life stage (Toddler)
    I also hate giving the same animation to all four lifestages from Teens - Elders

But I am still excited to buy this new game. I think the Sims look the best in this game than any previous game. I just hope it is not just looks without substance
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have been sitting on the fence for a while to see how things work out but in all reality I will buy the game..just not sure when. I want to wait for a deal or maybe someone in my family will give to me for my birthday in September. I am still excited for the game too so you are not alone. I just wonder about how some thins are going to work and would like to see a "Lets Play" but I may have to just check it out myself.

And if you look at the forum of the list of who is buying etc there are 149 people buying on this forum at this point.

Oh and I am also waiting for computer specs.
  • Options
    Melbana9Melbana9 Posts: 262 Member
    edited June 2014
    you are not alone Billycraignotley
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ashgamer394Ashgamer394 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not cancelling my pre order. I want to try the game and give it a chance to see how good it is. And hey, it might be a fairly good game and fun without toddlers or pools. Or it will be absolutely awful. I will see.