May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one still buying?

Am I the only one who doesn't care about no pools or no toddlers as long as they make up for it with lots of interactions for the babies I am still letting my order go through!

Comments

• Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    yes you will be ea's only sale
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,560 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am still buying the sims4 so you are not alone
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SarahxValentineSarahxValentine Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't mind no pools and toddlers, I'll still buy it without them.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited June 2014
    lilhunny wrote:
    yes you will be ea's only sale
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    If this actually happened, it would be the funniest thing ever. :lol::lol:
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    For me nothing makes up for the billion of major things they have removed...
  • Options
    kama674kama674 Posts: 1,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

Yes, it is not just pools and toddlers. Will apart from the INTUITIVE CAS and EMOTIONS the game have anything at all? I was hoping for more enriching, enjoyable gameplay but instead more and more things are being removed...
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will still be buying :D

I never really play with toddlers and if I do have one I learn them the skills as fast as possible and put them in the crib and let them sleep all the time using testingcheatsenabled true to get their energy bar down :S

I really do want to see how the transition from baby to child will go. Maybe the babies actually offer a lot more gameplay then before and will slowly grow up. They did say the lifestage is not combined to not shoehorn it in but slowly growing up is not shoehorning right?
    Graham Nardone ‏@SimGuruGraham:
    @_lovcat_ @TheSimsBoi Ryan really said as much as he or any of us can in his blog post. I'd closely read his words. We know it's important.

So they might have something for babies that they can't share yet.

As for pools that's kinda disappointing as I loved having my sims swim, I hoped for more interactions with it though. So hopefully the pools (and toddlers) return in an EP better than ever :D
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying the game.
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    Nah, you're not alone. They said they won't be in the base game, not that they won't be in the game at all. A little more waiting isn't gonna hurt anybody.

Definitely still buying.
  • Options
    SophieDiddleSophieDiddle Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can live without pools and cast, I don't care for the open world. But I draw the line at removing important life stages. I think they need to start explaining or be an alternative to the toddler life stage or the sims 4 cash cow is in trouble.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Buying, but dissapointed
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was not originally planning on buying, but I most certainly wont even consider it now. Too many things were removed for me to pay 70 dollars for a base game, and then have to pay 50 or 60 bucks to maybe get content that should have been included in the base game.

If I want to play that type of game I will play sims 2. It has loads more content anyway.

And I still always have my sims 3 sims :)
    Sig.png
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    edited June 2014
    I suppose I'll buy at least the base game but certainly not with my own money (it will be one of my Christmas list items) and not on release day. I want to be happy about Sims 4. I've tried to stay positive. But, they've just removed too much to hit this stupid release date. So, we'll have to pay for all our "desires" in EPs when they should have been included in the first place? I doubt I will be buying many EPs this time around.

Still, I keep hoping...
  • Options
    vampiricdreams31vampiricdreams31 Posts: 219 Member
    edited June 2014
    I've been optimistic through all of this for the majority. I did have my moment where I questioned whether or not to cancel my pre-order, but I'm sticking with it. I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon of people who aren't buying the game. It's all about the experience and trying new things. For all I know, I may think this is far better than all the Sims 1, 2, & 3 series combined.

I can live without pools and I'm okay with toddlers not being in the game. I love the idea that worlds we have in future EPs and possible world downloads will be joint together. So now our Sims can travel to different worlds and neighborhoods without having to copy Sims or worry of losing relationships and wishes. I love the new CAS and I feel that the Sims in TS4 look more alive and realistic than any of the previous Sims. Headwear are now coined as accessories and not just "hairstyles" that actually conform to our Sims hair which is awesome. The new "search" in CAS is amazing.

There are tons of positives- I feel some Simmers only focus on the negatives (which is good to a certain point), but look past those negatives and look at the positives we have. TS4 is a huge step up from TS3 IMO. You can disagree with my opinion, considering that's my opinion. EA/Maxis can't make every single gamer and creator 100% satisfied.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,118 Member
    edited June 2014
    Buying, but dissapointed

Agreed. I was lucky enough to get a good deal on my preorder. I'm thankful I don't have to pay the full price. I still want to play with the CAS and see what emotions are like but I think I would be waiting for a deal if I hadn't already got one.

Toddlers aren't a favourite of mine but it does feel like a step back to lose them and I'm disappointed about pools as well. Fingers crossed they are both put in later.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:

This sums it all up.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    adventfearadventfear Posts: 1,766 Member
    edited June 2014
    Still buying.
  • Options
    GumPlyr123GumPlyr123 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes, you will be the only one out of 7 billion people buying this game
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2014
    I hardly play with the pools and I think they just handle baby's and toddlers in a different way they did up till now, so yes, I'm still buying.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2014
    I ll probly end up buying even though I'm disappointed, but I still have not pre ordered.
  • Options
    QuizeburioQuizeburio Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited June 2014
    Finally someone to agrees with me. I'm confident that there will be pools in the future. as for babies, I don't care that much. I am pre-ordering as soon as I get the money scrapped together. And if I can't pre-order, I will get it soon after the release.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    I will confess when I first learned of this I was so incredibly disappointed. But I have had time to calm down now and I will still buy the game because everything else they've shown so far has been fantastic. They better be packing the babies with LOADS of gameplay to make up for it though.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm still buying as well. Don't worry, you are not the only one haha. There are many many people who are still buying too. :)
  • Options
    GarvelleGrantGarvelleGrant Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2014
    Honestly the no pools and toddlers thing is not a deal breaker for me, I love family play, but ... I only had my toddlers and babies stages for 1 day, as they could be quite annoying.

Hopefully kids and teens will have more interesting lives than the previous games and I know I'll have more fun with my YA's travelling from world to world causing mischief and mayhem.

... however I know they do mean A LOT to some simmers so its a bummer for them. Although I would like to see them come in after for a gameplay change up.

Sexy Socialite

1KuFGd.gif
  • Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was upset when i found out about toddlers. but im over it now. i never really played with them.

i just hope that children have more things they can do like in the sims 2

still buying and still can't wait :D
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*