Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're tricking you. This is NOT the next generation of sims!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

:roll: We've seen and heard enough about this game to start drawing conclusions about its quality.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

:roll: We've seen and heard enough about this game to start drawing conclusions about its quality.

My big questions relate to game engine and those darn loading screens - until I see unscripted game footage I don't feel like I've seen or know enough
  • Options
    BadmagicBadmagic Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited June 2014
    I read the estimates as 20-30 seconds on the E3 demo rig, we all know they wouldn't have been using a toaster for that with certainly the minimal fluff in the background etc so I'm not overly optimistic about load times, time will tell.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2014
    Kail16 wrote:
    that isn't what that means and as a gamer, people using it that way and spreading it around is starting to aggravate me, its so annoying. People are crazy and uniformed.
    and people acting all "high & mighty" like you TRY to do, on sooo many posts
    ( I try to skip, but there are too many ),
    annoys the heck out of me! :twisted:

We are all free to speak our minds about the GAME, so if you don't like others posts or opinions so much, get a new hobby, preferably AWAY from the PC. :P
  • Options
    SimsesWithJakeSimsesWithJake Posts: 441 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love my gifs. :lol:
    On a more serious note, I dunno. It's something new.
    I wanna try it.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    Badmagic wrote:
    I read the estimates as 20-30 seconds on the E3 demo rig, we all know they wouldn't have been using a toaster for that with certainly the minimal fluff in the background etc so I'm not overly optimistic about load times, time will tell.

I was so thinking the same thing - my guess the demo was made on a work station and it's even possible it wasn't the full and compete engine used. Overall I think a strong processor will minimize the length of time but I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the idea of loading screens for ever active lot

Sure I didn't mind them too much with sims 2 but I've lived without them for a long time now so it could be cumbersome to have them return-just not sure and I think an honest game walk through will help - either help me mentally prepare for them or realize it won't be as bad since we still don't know how vast the public spaces are

Waves to SimplySimazing :)
  • Options
    Whovian97Whovian97 Posts: 392 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Emotions isn't even new, and that's all they freaking talk about. IT ISN'T NEW! I don't know about any of you but my sims in TS2 had loads of emotions, and as did my sims in TS3 (not as much as TS2, but still).

The only things they show us is emotions, emotions, CAS, CAS, Build mode, CAS & emotions together, CAS photos, and what else? Everything they said would be in the game, well not almost, but most, is now gone because they're too lazy too add it in. There excuse for it is "things "change". I mean really? That comment makes me want to "change" into the Hulk and head for EA Headquarters.

Everything is "we'll discuss later", lol when? When the game's out? I trust nothing from this money hungry company, which is so sad because I was just starting to like TS4. But once again, EA pulls the same BS as always. These idiots never learn.

If they ax one more thing from this game, I'm done.

hpclap_zpsaacbb141.gif
    dumbledore-clapping_zps067b9458.gif
    Clapping_harry_zps733e9351.gif

WELL DONE
    siggy2_zpsxccvrfnz.png
    FIND ME ON THE GALLERY: holdenwade97
  • Options
    CogitotoroCogitotoro Posts: 1,401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Halle_M wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:
    Encore des fausse rumeur que je ne crois pas je suis sur a 200% que les sims4 est la generation suivante que j'achete c'est sur, A chaque annee des qu'il annonce une suite a une serie qui est populaire les meme vieux arguement refont surface pour moi le plus important c'est que je m'amuse en jouant les sims4.

Même en français votre grammaire est absente...

:lol: I thought the same thing! Il y a des points en Francais aussi, Memina11! There are sentences with periods in French too; I thought Memina11's problem with writing coherently might be a language thing.
    Cogitotoro, aka Ashley
    siggy3_zpsaaab9c22.jpg
    No wishlist for me!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

My big questions relate to game engine and those darn loading screens - until I see unscripted game footage I don't feel like I've seen or know enough

Concerning the game engine, I would not trust their preaching on that. If they truly did make the AI smarter, they'd be touting that around all of their press conferences, especially considering how little they have as it is. It's the same crap from the sims 3. I remember them saying how much smarter the sims were and we all know how that turned out. :roll:

I'm not too concerned about the loading screens. Sims 2 was loads of fun and that had loading screens. It's not as good as the open world, but, well I'd refer you to the OP in order to hear my rant on that.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

Every video I have seen so far shows the game to be excellent quality! I don't feel like I am being tricked. I feel very much that the Sims 4 is most definitely the next generation of Sims. For me it's not an improved version of the Sims 3 - it IS the next generation. My children are not 'improved' versions of me - they are who they are, living a new life with different technology. That's what a generation is to me.

I think it's very important not to compare the games but see each game for its own merits.
  • Options
    laelae86laelae86 Posts: 76 New Member
    edited June 2014
    esse10 wrote:
    No matter what anyone says, we are all buying the game.

I'm not until they add a clothing store; if not, then I guess I will never buy it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

Every video I have seen so far shows the game to be excellent quality! I don't feel like I am being tricked. I feel very much that the Sims 4 is most definitely the next generation of Sims. For me it's not an improved version of the Sims 3 - it IS the next generation. My children are not 'improved' versions of me - they are who they are, living a new life with different technology. That's what a generation is to me.

I think it's very important not to compare the games but see each game for its own merits.

For that, I refer you to this thread.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/759143.page

It's amazing how accepting the sims community is compared to other game communities. I suspect that it has something to do with gender demographics.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2014
    dancerREH wrote:
    I completely disagree
    the sims 4 is the next generation of the sims whether you like it or not
    the sims 3 didn't just take the sims 2 and tweak it and improve on it. they made an entirely new game
    a lot of people weren't happy with the sims 3 and still play the sims 2
    I think those people will be very happy with the sims 4
    I don't think they should have improved on the sims 3. I think they were smart to scrap it and start fresh 'every expansion pack the released was supposed to improve the game but I just found more issues with each one and a bunch of features I never used but couldn't turn off
    honestly I never even used create a style on furniture in the sims 3 because I didn't care and the only reason I used create a style on clothing was because none of the clothes matched or looked good together especially with a top and bottom from different expansion packs
    if they keep the same colour pallet throughout the sims 4 and the expansions I will be fine without create a style

Well good for you! Some of us are creative types and we like choice and the ability to change colors and make our homes look nice and designed well, and all the other creative tools that TS3 had that let us bring the world to life thru our imagination. Just because you aren't creative... :shock:
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    PsychoLesbianPsychoLesbian Posts: 179 Member
    edited June 2014
    4424b6182673d86ec48403820337f7e5.gif
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    4424b6182673d86ec48403820337f7e5.gif

hahaha i'm thirsty too!
    Sig.png
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    [TL;DR first post]

lol.
    Sims 4 Forum on TS3. Yep. Madness. This is secretly going to be released as TS3 repainted. #conspiracy.

Please, at least get educated before you slam something you know nothing about. :roll:
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    Megan31917Megan31917 Posts: 457 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Yeah. That's right. I said it. That's what they get for outright lying to us. This isn't the next generation of anything. Like the changes or not, this is not moving forward. This is a combination of a failed online experiment (was it even failed?) and them counting their losses from a poor game engine from the sims 3. This is laziness and greediness at its pinnacle. They could've started from the ground up. They could've delayed the launch until next spring while trying to work out their issues. They could've added a color wheel. They could've opened up the world a little more, and they could've increased the capacity for number of lots in a neighborhood. They didn't.

They said that they are improving the building system. They are, slightly. but for every step they take forward, they take two steps backward. You can now move windows up and down walls. No CASt. New architectural details. No CFE. oh and no CASt, no CASt, no CASt! at least give us a freaking color wheel!

The only thing that they say is new and exciting is emotions. They say that our sims can actually feel now. They're lying. If that were the case, We'd have a lot more things to worry about. All they did was improve upon the moodlet system and add more dramatic facial expressions that fit the moodlets well. They're tricking us into thinking that these sims have 'feelings.'

Yes, that's what they are doing. They are tricking us. No, you can't travel in an open world, but look at the pretty monkeybars. No, you can't open your creative mind and style the world like a blank canvas, but look at the pretty rocket ship. The sims 3 had its flaws. I can hardly play it anymore, but this. This isn't moving forward, this is them correcting mistakes they have made by making even more mistakes. Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

At this point, I wish they would've continued with the online game. There is this stigma with online play like it's awful. When handled correctly, it's a very beneficial part of games. Queue the blind fanboys with their annoying gifs. :roll:

Exactly why the more I learned about the game, the less I wanted it.

I wasn't even surprised it turned out this way, as the garbage EA kept putting out for Sims 3 (Island Paradise anyone?)& countless useless patches to fix the garbage just kept coming.

I finally got my Sims 3 game, thanks to MODS to work perfectly, and have no intention of starting all over again with a game that will be released with the hopes MODDERS can fix it for them for free.

There are so many frustrations concerning this game already on the site -just waiting for it to be released for the firestorm of complaints.

There will always be EA cheerleaders, but when I pay for a game, I expect it to be complete. Sims 4 in my opinion is a step back -not forward. If I want to go back -Sims 1 & 2 is available.
  • Options
    sc038sc038 Posts: 364 New Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

This killed the integrity of your post. ): You feel this way and yet you're still going to buy the game? This means EA wins and gets your money. That is what they want. If you don't like what's happening with the game, the first thing you do is not buy it. To buy it is to support it.

i agree! the creator of the thread needs to stop ranting if they are going to buy the game anyways! dont tell us to not buy it when it is a "trick" when you are right in line with everyone else buying it!
  • Options
    sc038sc038 Posts: 364 New Member
    edited June 2014
    sc038 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

This killed the integrity of your post. ): You feel this way and yet you're still going to buy the game? This means EA wins and gets your money. That is what they want. If you don't like what's happening with the game, the first thing you do is not buy it. To buy it is to support it.

i agree! the creator of the thread needs to stop ranting if they are going to buy the game anyways! dont tell us to not buy it when it is a "trick" when you are right in line with everyone else buying it!

im a genius 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sc038 wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:

I'm sorry, when did I ever tell anyone to boycott the game?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    [TL;DR first post]

lol.
    Sims 4 Forum on TS3. Yep. Madness. This is secretly going to be released as TS3 repainted. #conspiracy.

Please, at least get educated before you slam something you know nothing about. :roll:

How about you actually read the post before acting like a 🐸🐸🐸🐸? :shock:

I said nothing about conspiracies against the players.

And this isn't twitter.
  • Options
    AnthonoAnthono Posts: 904 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Sucom wrote:
    niac1234 wrote:
    EuanSim wrote:
    You haven't played it.

Every video I have seen so far shows the game to be excellent quality!
    It would be,they're trying to sell you something. Personally,I've never seen a Sim trailer that isn't of high quality,not exactly like some of the actual games.