Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're tricking you. This is NOT the next generation of sims!

Yeah. That's right. I said it. That's what they get for outright lying to us. This isn't the next generation of anything. Like the changes or not, this is not moving forward. This is a combination of a failed online experiment (was it even failed?) and them counting their losses from a poor game engine from the sims 3. This is laziness and greediness at its pinnacle. They could've started from the ground up. They could've delayed the launch until next spring while trying to work out their issues. They could've added a color wheel. They could've opened up the world a little more, and they could've increased the capacity for number of lots in a neighborhood. They didn't.

They said that they are improving the building system. They are, slightly. but for every step they take forward, they take two steps backward. You can now move windows up and down walls. No CASt. New architectural details. No CFE. oh and no CASt, no CASt, no CASt! at least give us a freaking color wheel!

The only thing that they say is new and exciting is emotions. They say that our sims can actually feel now. They're lying. If that were the case, We'd have a lot more things to worry about. All they did was improve upon the moodlet system and add more dramatic facial expressions that fit the moodlets well. They're tricking us into thinking that these sims have 'feelings.'

Yes, that's what they are doing. They are tricking us. No, you can't travel in an open world, but look at the pretty monkeybars. No, you can't open your creative mind and style the world like a blank canvas, but look at the pretty rocket ship. The sims 3 had its flaws. I can hardly play it anymore, but this. This isn't moving forward, this is them correcting mistakes they have made by making even more mistakes. Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

At this point, I wish they would've continued with the online game. There is this stigma with online play like it's awful. When handled correctly, it's a very beneficial part of games. Queue the blind fanboys with their annoying gifs. :roll:

Comments

• Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    Since specs will be TS3's or lower, it's kind of a side generation.
  • Options
    niac1234niac1234 Posts: 6,735 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    Since specs will be TS3's or lower, it's kind of a side generation.

Specs aren't even the issue. If they would improve upon the sims 3 game engine, they could lower the system specs.
  • Options
    Ze_Blue_PandaZe_Blue_Panda Posts: 351 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can still wait and see.

Edit: I still think the ts4 is going to be a big improvement from ts3. Even with all the drama and paranoia going around, I think it won't be this horrible disaster. Maybe it could maybe not. We just don't know. All you can do is assume and speculate.

The one thing I just don't like is when people call others sheep and stupid crap like that because they don't think EA is lizard people like you (the general you) do.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2014
    Meh, I ended up selling all my Sims 3 games... the graphics were nice and all, but I kept having so many issues, so I decided to sell them to some other poor soul out there. I love Sims 1 and 2 and continue to play them to this day. Sims 4 seems like a major improvement on all 3. I'm not expecting lower specs but hey, I'm gonna upgrade my comp here soon anyways so I'm not all that worried.

I'm happy that they're bringing the heart and soul back into the Sims and making them more... life-like. The graphics look cartoony, but it is, after all, a game and games are meant to be played away from reality. It is a simulation of life, but there's so many unrealistic and silly quirks that I love that you CAN'T get in life.

I am impressed with a lot of new features Sims 4 has to offer. From the new CAS system, to the life-like emotions that aren't just random or temporary. Not to mention, laughing so hard, you die. I mean, come on! That's a kick! Also... *shifty eyes and whispers* a better routing system so Sims don't get stuck... :shock: *gasp* Shocker!

So, all in all, with what I know and learn about Sims 4, I am looking forward to this more than I have with the Sims 3. I got excited for Island Paradise and University and even Into the Future, but my excitement died down after a few days. I highly doubt this will happen with Sims 4, especially because we're getting quite a lot in the base game.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    Gtompkins48Gtompkins48 Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2014
    This unfortunately is very true. I'm going to quote what I said in another thread.

Online was supposed to be the future, so originally, the 5 "neighborhoods" in a world were supposed to belong to a different player. Each player would be in charge of a neighborhood and the 5 players would all interact. Kinda like how SimCity had people control multiple cities in one big region.

Obviously that was a horrible idea, but by the time the transition to single player was made, things couldn't be reversed. The open world was already gone due to the online play, and it is just so dumbed down because the main selling point of the game was gonna be the online. So then they frantically made the game about "emotions" which is really just a desperate attempt to make the game about something. But the reality is that the whole point of the game was to be online, and without that feature it is an inferior product to TS3.

EA knows this game is a mess, it would take AT LEAST a year to fix a lot of the problems, and they're stuck between having it released and be ripped apart or to delay/restructure the game. It is still more cost-effective to release the game and have it flop. The marketing strategy is to say as little as possible and hope that people buy it out of trust and raw hype.

The entire franchise is in danger. While some of the basic features cannot be changed, there is still things they can do to make it better, but it would cause a sizable delay.
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

This killed the integrity of your post. ): You feel this way and yet you're still going to buy the game? This means EA wins and gets your money. That is what they want. If you don't like what's happening with the game, the first thing you do is not buy it. To buy it is to support it.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Meh, I ended up selling all my Sims 3 games... the graphics were nice and all, but I kept having so many issues, so I decided to sell them to some other poor soul out there. I love Sims 1 and 2 and continue to play them to this day. Sims 4 seems like a major improvement on all 3. I'm not expecting lower specs but hey, I'm gonna upgrade my comp here soon anyways so I'm not all that worried.

I'm happy that they're bringing the heart and soul back into the Sims and making them more... life-like. The graphics look cartoony, but it is, after all, a game and games are meant to be played away from reality. It is a simulation of life, but there's so many unrealistic and silly quirks that I love that you CAN'T get in life.

I am impressed with a lot of new features Sims 4 has to offer. From the new CAS system, to the life-like emotions that aren't just random or temporary. Not to mention, laughing so hard, you die. I mean, come on! That's a kick! Also... *shifty eyes and whispers* a better routing system so Sims don't get stuck... :shock: *gasp* Shocker!

So, all in all, with what I know and learn about Sims 4, I am looking forward to this more than I have with the Sims 3. I got excited for Island Paradise and University and even Into the Future, but my excitement died down after a few days. I highly doubt this will happen with Sims 4, especially because we're getting quite a lot in the base game.

Yes! this is why i'm buying the sims 4. I appreciate the sims 3 for offering something never seen before, really in all of video games. A fully customizable environment. As a creative mind and aspiring architect, I just love it, but I simply cannot play the actual game. You spend all of this time making these magnificent environments, and after you fully explore them, it's boring. Here's to the heart and soul of the series returning.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    I agree wholeheartedly. Emotions isn't even new, and that's all they freaking talk about. IT ISN'T NEW! I don't know about any of you but my sims in TS2 had loads of emotions, and as did my sims in TS3 (not as much as TS2, but still).

The only things they show us is emotions, emotions, CAS, CAS, Build mode, CAS & emotions together, CAS photos, and what else? Everything they said would be in the game, well not almost, but most, is now gone because they're too lazy too add it in. There excuse for it is "things "change". I mean really? That comment makes me want to "change" into the Hulk and head for EA Headquarters.

Everything is "we'll discuss later", lol when? When the game's out? I trust nothing from this money hungry company, which is so sad because I was just starting to like TS4. But once again, EA pulls the same BS as always. These idiots never learn.

If they ax one more thing from this game, I'm done.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2014
    I totally agree!... With EzeliaStarpuff. Despite all of this "No CASt/pools/cars/toddlers!" stuff, I still want the game very much. It really does seem to be going back to the roots so to speak when it comes to the gameplay quirks. I can live with slight loading screens, sparse neighborhoods, limited colors, and everything people are upset about (though pools and hot tubs would be great, but I'm sure they'll return eventually if they aren't included already). I don't care for baby Sims. I'm one of those Simmers who actually plays only Young/Adults, so raves and parties and hip clothing are all I care about, and TS4 looks like it'll deliver. Who knows though, maybe I will hate the game, but whatevs, that's on me. I'm liking what I see so far, and I'm definitely hoping to get the funds to preorder from Origin.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014

This is what happens when I come on here at 2;02 in the morning.
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited June 2014
    Is there really such a thing as next-gen for pc?? I mean really most pc users can mod their pcs past "next-gen" or even be at the levels of "next-gen"
  • Options
    edited June 2014

This is what happens when I'm bored during the summer. :XD:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:
    Don't fall for their trick. Even if you buy the game, which I most likely will be doing anyway, don't fall for their trick. There is nothing intuitive here.

This killed the integrity of your post. ): You feel this way and yet you're still going to buy the game? This means EA wins and gets your money. That is what they want. If you don't like what's happening with the game, the first thing you do is not buy it. To buy it is to support it.

I'm buying the game out of loyalty to the series and I still like the changes that they have made to a degree. I'm really excited to see more than 2 sims in a lot finally. I'm excited to see NPC's return with a bigger role.

Basically I'm buying this game because I'm a simmer who has enjoyed the game in the past, and I'm excited to enjoy the game again despite all of the sacrifices they have made. I'm not saying that you should not buy the game. If it interests you, go ahead. I'm just calling EA's bluff here.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2014

This pretty much keeps happening all the time on here and it is getting really old. :/
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited June 2014
    EA made the right choice to start over with a new engine as sims 3 was beyond advancement. It was not an engine you try to salvage you kick to the side and start over it was just an awful choice.

Now sims 4 new engine is smart sims (so they say) EA is trying to salvage a game that should have been built over. It has nothing to do with the engine. It's everything to do with the original failed game that was suppose to be online. Rather than actually starting completely over, EA is trying to salvage what they can from it. Instead of having a 4 to 5 year delay from completely starting over they're going to to have 1 1/2 year delay. To ea that saves a tremendous amount of money and risk.

It's too late now cause EA is going to push foreward with this regardless. I bet they think they'll make up for the costs of the game and hope for success like they did with sims 3. Most like likely they will as many of us, even though sims 3 had such bad issues still paid into the game, it's store and the expansions.
  • Options
    foolinthemoonfoolinthemoon Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm completely excited for sims 4... I'm not making any assumptions or judgements about the game until I get my hands on it. I understand you feel like they are taking some steps back, but I trust they have our best interest at heart by scaling some of it back. In 5 years we might be able to run sims 3 on basic computers with all Eps (I can run it with onboard graphics of my ivy bridge and 8gb of ram if I want, but it still lags) at that time, if they are remaking sims again and most computers can handle it... These features could be revisited... But until then, :D glad for the work they've done for us this far!
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm completely excited for sims 4... I'm not making any assumptions or judgements about the game until I get my hands on it. I understand you feel like they are taking some steps back, but I trust they have our best interest at heart by scaling some of it back. In 5 years we might be able to run sims 3 on basic computers with all Eps (I can run it with onboard graphics of my ivy bridge and 8gb of ram if I want, but it still lags) at that time, if they are remaking sims again and most computers can handle it... These features could be revisited... But until then, :D glad for the work they've done for us this far!

Not trying to be a jerk, but EA is a company and companies don't have our best interests at heart, all they are worried about is their wallet. If EA makes a game that "most computers" can handle, it's because they want to sell to the most people. It's not as if EA is sitting around thinking of the little guy, they are thinking about how much they can sell to the little guy if the little guy's computer can run their game.
  • Options
    esse10esse10 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2014
    No matter what anyone says, we are all buying the game.
  • Options
    EatCheesEatChees Posts: 1,378 Member
    edited June 2014
    esse10 wrote:
    I'm not.
    Sig.png
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited June 2014
    niac1234 wrote:

This is what happens when I'm bored during the summer. :XD:

Very interesting , Mr. Niac.
  • Options
    GumPlyr123GumPlyr123 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    I agree wholeheartedly. Emotions isn't even new, and that's all they freaking talk about. IT ISN'T NEW! I don't know about any of you but my sims in TS2 had loads of emotions, and as did my sims in TS3 (not as much as TS2, but still).

The only things they show us is emotions, emotions, CAS, CAS, Build mode, CAS & emotions together, CAS photos, and what else? Everything they said would be in the game, well not almost, but most, is now gone because they're too lazy too add it in. There excuse for it is "things "change". I mean really? That comment makes me want to "change" into the Hulk and head for EA Headquarters.

Everything is "we'll discuss later", lol when? When the game's out? I trust nothing from this money hungry company, which is so sad because I was just starting to like TS4. But once again, EA pulls the same BS as always. These idiots never learn.

If they ax one more thing from this game, I'm done.
    Yes, we have had emotions in all the games, but they didn't mean ANYTHING. I mean someone could just insult you in the past sims games and you would just make a sad animation for a few seconds and then you would be back to normal. In the sims 3 when someone died your sim would have this "sad for 4 days" thing and they would just do a sad animation 2 times a day or something. While in the sims 4 you can actually see that they are sad for a period of time. In the TS4 their emotions actually mean something and will affect their everyday life.
  • Options
    GumPlyr123GumPlyr123 Posts: 295 Member
    edited June 2014
    EatChees wrote:
    esse10 wrote:
    I'm not.
    I will bookmark this
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    GumPlyr123 wrote:
    EatChees wrote:
    esse10 wrote:
    I'm not.
    I will bookmark this

You can bookmark it, but all they will do is change thier name.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited June 2014
    Encore des fausse rumeur que je ne crois pas je suis sur a 200% que les sims4 est la generation suivante que j'achete c'est sur, A chaque annee des qu'il annonce une suite a une serie qui est populaire les meme vieux arguement refont surface pour moi le plus important c'est que je m'amuse en jouant les sims4.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pre-ordered mine & looking foward to it :mrgreen:
    Still waiting for Toddlers...